Individual lashes question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshmalotoast

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

At college the other night we were being taught to apply those flared individual lashes. The tutor gave a black glue to use. My partner accidentily glued my bottom lashes to my top lashes, and they then had to use a solvent stuff to release them. The fumes were horrendous.

I am wondering how it SHOULD be done! My eye is now really sore at one side, and I definitely never want to do that to a client. Should we not be protecting the bottom lashes / keeping them out of the way?

Any input welcome as I really want to learn how to do everything the best way xx

Hey geeks!

At college the other night we were being taught to apply those flared individual lashes. The tutor gave a black glue to use. My partner accidentily glued my bottom lashes to my top lashes, and they then had to use a solvent stuff to release them. The fumes were horrendous.

I am wondering how it SHOULD be done! My eye is now really sore at one side, and I definitely never want to do that to a client. Should we not be protecting the bottom lashes / keeping them out of the way?

Any input welcome as I really want to learn how to do everything the best way xx

Hiya,

well I was taught to micropore/transpore tape the bottom lashes down so the glue will go on the tape and not the bottom lashes therefore causing the lashes to stick...

H x

Hey geeks!

Well really it could be a case of too much glue! You should be doing these flair lashes with your eyes open and not really getting the glue on the bottom ones at all! But I agree with the above post and would use detached micropore if you feel u need too x

Well really it could be a case of too much glue! You should be doing these flair lashes with your eyes open and not really getting the glue on the bottom ones at all! But I agree with the above post and would use detached micropore if you feel u need too x

:lick:

Scary though... It happened to me twice and I was in tears.

I thought I'd blinded my clients!

Luckily they were friends that I practised on and were totally great about it but it terrifies me.

Thank you guys for your replies - I have been looking on youtube and they all have eyes open too, but our tutor said the glue fumes are so strong we need eyes closed.

It was not a fun experience for me or my poor partner who was traumatised too.

Will pass on your advice to my classmates. xx

Which utube did u watch? X

Usually you use a different glue for the flared lashes to the glue you would use for individual lashes which shouldnt be as strong. A sensitive glue would prevent the fumes irritating your eye

The glue they were using was a black glue from sally's. I don't know the name but the fumes were really strong.
I wonder if that is the issue - it's the wrong type of glue!

Thanks for that reply!

I was taught to to use a tiny ball of glue - lay semi reclined & apply - once in place get the client to open eye & blink a few times - this appeared to help with any fumes, sensitive glue should be better on fumes tho. Hope your eye's not too sore, ouch comes to mind! xx

Eyes should be closed when applying cluster flared lashes not open to avoid irritation to eyes.

The glue they were using was a black glue from sally's. I don't know the name but the fumes were really strong.
I wonder if that is the issue - it's the wrong type of glue!

Thanks for that reply!

The black glue from Sally's is debatable. It says for individual but that's not what a cluster is. It is fumey for a glue that isn't that strong! Try another glue hun. You really should be able to apply clusters with eyes open. X

Thanks all for the replies - I am just seeing them now :)
I will go to sallys and get some sensitive glue and practise on my daughters.
My eye got really sore for about a week but luckily seems normal again now. X

The black glue from Sally's is debatable. It says for individual but that's not what a cluster is.

Actually that's exactly what a cluster lash is. They are called cluster/individual/party lashes.
I don't know who came up with the name individual lashes as it does cause some confusion.
So you have semi-permanent lashes, individual lashes also known as cluster lashes and express lashes which are the same lashes as semi-permanent but placed differently on the lash.
Semi-permanent lashes are applied with the eyes closed, individual/cluster lashes are applied with the eyes open and express lashes can be applied either open or closed.
Hope that clears up any confusion.

Actually that's exactly what a cluster lash is. They are called cluster/individual/party lashes.
I don't know who came up with the name individual lashes as it does cause some confusion.
So you have semi-permanent lashes, individual lashes also known as cluster lashes and express lashes which are the same lashes as semi-permanent but placed differently on the lash.
Semi-permanent lashes are applied with the eyes closed, individual/cluster lashes are applied with the eyes open and express lashes can be applied either open or closed.
Hope that clears up any confusion.

I'm not confused.

Angelina - which glue would you use for a cluster lash?

I use lash fx gel patches that sit comfortably between lashes so you won't get them sticking together, they are rather reasonably priced and I recommended them, they stay in place throughout application and even gives your under eye and little boost and refreshing feel :) HTH xxx

I was trained using micropore tape and applying them with the closed eye technique, I still use this method when applying on my clients. You could try using duo lash adhesive which won't be as fumey:hug:

Blooming phone.
A cluster lash is not one individual lash so people will question it wont they? X
No it is not one single lash but they are called individual lashes. As I said, I don't know who came up the name as it is very confusing. I have some Salon System cluster lashes and on the front of the box it just says 'Individual Lashes'.

Angelina - which glue would you use for a cluster lash?
I would use the Ardell Lashtite glue.

No it is not one single lash but they are called individual lashes. As I said, I don't know who came up the name as it is very confusing. I have some Salon System cluster lashes and on the front of the box it just says 'Individual Lashes'.

True it is blooming stupid. I never call them individual I call them cluster so clients don't get confused x

I would use the Ardell Lashtite glue.

True it is blooming stupid. I never call them individual I call them cluster so clients don't get confused x

Latest posts

Back