Infils with white tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
I used white tips on a client who was going to have her nails for a weekend away, they have been on for 4 weeks now so she is so impressed she wants them infilled. I used clear gel last time, now i am concerned about doing the infils, as the gel might not be a good match with the white tips. Or will it definitely be a match as white is white! May sound dumb, but i havent come across this before! If its for an occasion they usually arent returning for infills.

Any advise on what i can do?

Angel x

Hi, I would just buff away all the old product and fill with L & P, then file, shape, buff and then gel overlay.

Or is it that you only use gel?

If easier for you, just remove all, and start a fresh set. Hope this has helped.

It is great news though, sounds like you have a new client.......:)

im not sure that the nails would last as using white gel over a white tip wont allow the gel to cure properly.it may be best that you explain this to her and start from new.
you would just infill as normal by reducing the product applying the white to form a new smile line and then applying the gel in zones 2 & 3.x

i guess i might just file down, as you said and start a fresh, but the actual tip is white, didnt use any white gel last time.
i will check that they are ok to infil, if not i will remove and start afresh. if they look terrible after i finish with the white gel then i will talk to her about going back again - and starting afresh, or doing some nail art to cover the different shades of white!
thanks!!!

i guess i might just file down, as you said and start a fresh, but the actual tip is white, didnt use any white gel last time.
i will check that they are ok to infil, if not i will remove and start afresh. if they look terrible after i finish with the white gel then i will talk to her about going back again - and starting afresh, or doing some nail art to cover the different shades of white!
thanks!!!
im not sure you quite understood what i meant,lol.x
i realise that you used a white tip last time and not white gel but if you use white gel over the top of a white tip then it wont cure properly.i would suggest that you tell your client that you used white tips on her as you thought it was a one off and that if you infill them using white gel then the gel wont cure properly and therefore the nails wont last.otherwise you could infill them using only using a transparent clear or pink gel and then paint the white on using a nail polish.i hope ive made sense.x

Yup, its my fault, i didnt read it properly!!!
I didnt realise it wouldnt cure over white tips! Why is that? (im sorry im a newbie!) Would a building layer be a way around the white not curing?
Thanks for coming back and being helpful!!

Angel x

Yup, its my fault, i didnt read it properly!!!
I didnt realise it wouldnt cure over white tips! Why is that? (im sorry im a newbie!) Would a building layer be a way around the white not curing?
Thanks for coming back and being helpful!!

Angel x
thats fine hun. no a building layer wouldnt do the trick.because the white tips are opaque(your not able to see through them) they dont allow the light to penetrate all the way through the gel which means the gel wont have cured properly. this is why forms that are used for sculpting with gel are see through.x

Latest posts

Back