Ingrowing hair getting me down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarLouise

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks, looking for some help.
I've got two spots, well more like lumps which I'm assuming are ingrowing hairs, on my bikini. They are really sore and rubbing against my underwear and I really don't know what to do to get rid of them! Had them around a week now, can anyone please give a solution? Thank you in advance.

Sarah xo

Bikini area* if that makes more sense

Sarah xo

Can you see the hair under the skin? Is it red? Infected? X

Beauty by Gabrielle

You could try magnesium sulphate paste from the chemist to draw them out.
Don't pick and squeeze at them.if they get worse,hot inflamed and pusy you may need to see the doctor.

No I cannot see any hair underneath, and there not really red all the time unless I've been picking at them, naughty I know lol. I am worried about an infection though I'm going away in 3 weeks and they need to go asap!

Sarah xo

Don't pick and squeeze at them.if they get worse,hot inflamed and pusy you may need to see the doctor.

I will go and buy some of that thanks x

Sarah xo

Try pure tea tree on it too. Australian body care do a fab ingrowing hair drum. Just apply onto the area and it should draw it out! I get them all the time as my hair is naturally curly so really prone to them! Or use boiling water on a cotton wool pad and hold on the particular area, then use boiling water again to sterilise a needle and prick the skin slightly give it a squeeze,sometimes works for me! X

Beauty by Gabrielle

Try pure tea tree on it too. Australian body care do a fab ingrowing hair drum. Just apply onto the area and it should draw it out! I get them all the time as my hair is naturally curly so really prone to them! Or use boiling water on a cotton wool pad and hold on the particular area, then use boiling water again to sterilise a needle and prick the skin slightly give it a squeeze,sometimes works for me! X

Beauty by Gabrielle

Oooo sounds painful lol!

Sarah xo

I'm the same I have 2 hard lumps but can't see the hair underneath, I squeezed one a couple of days ago and a tiny bit of puss came out ewww I know but I can't help it

Magnesium sulphate is great but if ya can't get any ya can home make one. make a paste of sugar and soap and apply - it's just a different poultice and will draw them out!

I suffer for then occasional ingrown hair I think everyone does!! I've tried quite a lot of products and wife tails out there. I'm currently in Australia and they love a bit of tea tree oil out here!! I've found it amazing! Just a small amount on a cotton wool pad a wipe over the waxed area and I've only had one! And the hair popped out after a day of having tea tree oil on it! I also add a cap full to bath water and bathe in it and find this helps to!!

I have tried loads of different lotions and potions and found that good old fashioned vinegar works the best, even on infected ones. I do not know if this will work for every one but has worked wonders for me, I apply it straight twice a day with a cotton pad and it makes them dissapear.

Oooo sounds painful lol!

Sarah xo

hey i suffer from them really bad to the point were it makes it uncofurtable to sit down i have cracked them now lol hot bath as hot as you can stand and tcp antibactiral lotion on a cotton pad stings for 5 mins but it works place it over the lump i secure it with a plaster and go to sleep abd everytime i have woken up and they have popped and then the next 2/3 days bath and wipe with cotton pad with tcp and then should just disapear good look hun there horrible hope it helps xx

Magnesium sulphate. Cheaply found at chemist/Tesco etc.
I use it for mine all the time x

Get a "buff puff" or coarse puff/scrubby pad & from now on after waxing/shaving etc. always exfoliate the hair free area to remove skin growth over follicle as the skin grows over the follicle stunting the growth of the reduced hair, incorporate this in your shower routine. Don't wear tight banded elastic undies as this sits in the groin to thigh crease also stunting by rubbing from friction. Get some womens boyshorts (no groin elastic)like thin short boxer/briefs that are form fitting to wear.....or no underwear for the first week or so after waxing if you can.

If you cant see a dot beneath the skin (the hair tip) its deep & probably been pushed stray by tight elastic underwear in the groin area agitating the hair from friction rub when you move about. The body will absorb it after a good 1-1.5 weeks.

If you do see the dot soon, use a serialized needle/pin to dig it up through the skin, let pin hole heal b4 removing the hair again!

Vividamnisia, she certainly doesn't want to be using a buf puf (which haven't been available in uk shops for yrs, due to the damage they caused to skin) or any other harsh abrasive sponges, on such a sensitive area, the OP will be red raw and in more pain than she is now

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone for your help. I had a good pick with a clean needle on Thursday night, squeezed out a bit of blood and pus and just left them but found no hair. They seem to have gone down now no hair just a dry bit of skin. You have all been very helpful! 💖

Sarah xo

I get these as well but I have one that is always in the same place! I tried tea tree oil which made it go down and took the pain away but the lump is still there under the skin! Too scared to go in with a needle! XD x

Does anyone use aloe clear? X

Latest posts

Back