INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all the great advice next time I try I'm hoping I will get better results.

The patchiness sounds like its shrinkage,due to the base being applied too thick, apply the base uber thin, you should be able to do one hand with one dip in the brush and really rub it on the nail, the colour coats need to be practically see through before curing, remember cap the free edge as you do the layers, the top coat should be applied thinly and cured, I cure mine for 90 secs and this gives a high shine. (Led lamps do vary) don't give up we'll troubleshoot this with you xx

Thank you :hug: I think that's partly the issue though....I am applying the coats so thinly that you can still see through the streakiness underneath, it just never seems to get fully opaque. I will definitely try mixing the product.

I will also give the 90s top coat cure a go...but has anyone else who is using this also used Shellac and can see what I mean about the difference in shine?

Thanks again everyone, really want to have the success you're all having with it.

Just HAD to post this pic! Did these last night with the intention of doing some black stamping on top.....but I love the colour SO much I'm wondering if I should leave them plain??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402388635515.jpg
    1402388635515.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 373
Just HAD to post this pic! Did these last night with the intention of doing some black stamping on top.....but I love the colour SO much I'm wondering if I should leave them plain??

How about stamping just the ring fingers?

It is a gorgeous colour - I have it but I won't be able to wear it on it's own as I have the wrong skin tone to wear yellow :(

Yes I might just do that :) I was also considering black french tips or black polka dots.....this always happens, I can't make my mind up and end up wishing I'd done something different!

I know what you mean about skin tone - I have a gorgeous colour in a different range that I just can't wear and I get jealous when I put it on someone else :( lol

have you tried green dots? be careful though you will have bees and wasps chasing you

They did eventually get back to me about the cuticle oil and apologised for the delay x

Can you use their bonder with xlac.??

from the website, see step 4

xLac Tips: 1) we cannot stress the importance of applying thin coats, trust us, the thinner the stronger!!! 2) We would like to repeat Tip 1, THIN coats please 3) 1 or 2 drops daily on each nail of INK Cuticle Oil +Vitamins will help keep your nail hydrated and increase the longevity of your xLac manicure 4) For greater longevity you can apply our INK Air Dry Bonder (Acid Free) after wiping down the nail with our Pre-nail prep

from the website, see step 4

xLac Tips: 1) we cannot stress the importance of applying thin coats, trust us, the thinner the stronger!!! 2) We would like to repeat Tip 1, THIN coats please 3) 1 or 2 drops daily on each nail of INK Cuticle Oil +Vitamins will help keep your nail hydrated and increase the longevity of your xLac manicure 4) For greater longevity you can apply our INK Air Dry Bonder (Acid Free) after wiping down the nail with our Pre-nail prep

Many thanks. Xx

Good morning geeks,

I am interested in xlac, all in one polish. I don´t want to try iLac, because I am very satisfied with Shellac, have all colours and don`t want to change the system.

xLac is in my interest because it is all in one and perhaps a good option for a express manicure. But - I can`t imagine that it will be a good option for ridged nails. I can`t imagine that only two coats will cover completly the rills/grooves.

I would be happy if you tell me your experiences!

Thanks!

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402517845088.jpg
    1402517845088.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 349
This is 3(!) coats of i8 (Neon Extreme Pink) but it was still see through so added a layer of xLac x-10 (Full On Pink) on top.

Attachments

• IMG_00000875_edit.jpg
    IMG_00000875_edit.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 331
This is 3(!) coats of i8 (Neon Extreme Pink) but it was still see through so added a layer of xLac x-10 (Full On Pink) on top.

I use i-8 all the time, 2 coats is plenty IMO, it does look nice but not sure how applying x10 on top will effect it, maybe you will get lucky and it will be a revelation

I use i-8 all the time, 2 coats is plenty IMO, it does look nice but not sure how applying x10 on top will effect it, maybe you will get lucky and it will be a revelation

I just applied the x10 because it was late, I was tired and just wanted to finish them and the x10 seemed to be more opaque.

Judging by everyone's comments there must be something wrong with my INK lamp because I've genuinely tried all the suggestions on here with no luck :(

This is 3 coats of i58 (Glitterati) this isn't the best picture but gives an idea of the results I'm getting, see the free edge under the colour? I need to take a picture in better lighting, it's a lot more obvious in person, but just an idea.....

Attachments

• IMG_00000882_edit1.jpg
    IMG_00000882_edit1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 303
This is 3 coats of i58 (Glitterati) this isn't the best picture but gives an idea of the results I'm getting, see the free edge under the colour? I need to take a picture in better lighting, it's a lot more obvious in person, but just an idea.....

I think it's meant to be a translucent shade. I have the same with their gold but I would only use it over a full opaque colour. Xx

I think it's meant to be a translucent shade. I have the same with their gold but I would only use it over a full opaque colour. Xx

I'm not sure, because in other lights it does look more opaque like this.....

Attachments

• IMG_00000895_edit.jpg
    IMG_00000895_edit.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 260
I emailed Lee today with my new gel and nail art certificates for my account and he mentioned about maybe one day I could add an INK diploma certificate. I replied asking him what courses were available but he never replied. Out of curiosity, does anyone know??

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not all shades will be opaque some will be sheer some semi sheer and some opaque same as with any other brand. I think glitterati is definitely a sheer colour that would be great for layering a bit like tinsel toast from shellac x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back