INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, it's good to ask lots of questions and research to get the right product for you. If you look back through this thread, me and and a small majority have had problems with this product. Everyone on here has been lovely suggesting ways to help but I just can't get on with this due to the streakiness and lack of shine (these pics aren't the best examples, you can see some of the streakiness on 'extreme neon pink' and 'claret' although you can see a lot more streakiness on most of them in real life.

If you can crack the opacity and shine issue (like most people have) you will love this product, the price, removal time and company as a whole are fab. But if, like me, you just aren't satisfied with the finish then unfortunately it won't be for you.

I would suggest buying a few bottles to try, and see what you think. But I won't be purchasing anymore or using on clients. Not until I manage to solve this :sad:

If you decide to try it I wish you the best of luck and hope it works for you.

Any more questions just let me know.

I'll have a read and see how everyone's cracked it but sounds like a bit of a faff to me, i noticed the streaks, shine and opacity issue straight away in some of the pictures and I wouldn't be happy with that to be honest, I could probably take on one problem but three seems a bit of a pain, can I just ask what gel polish you use ? Xx

Some of the colours I give 3 thin coats but I prefure it to shellac n my clients are getting a longer wear out of it. I was finding that I was having to buff when I was using shellac to get a Linder wear out of it but with this product I dnt have to. 15 ml bottle for that price it's just amazing xx

That's whats swaying me, longer wear and also the price, I'm just going to purchase the tester kit, do/did you get problems with streaks, shine and opacity ? thank you for the reply xx

I've never had problems with streaks. Only problem I have had is with the lamp not curing the thumb fully. So now I just do fingers then thumbs. N I think some colours are ment to b opaque. I had the same thing with the shellac summer collection I think you just have to try to b honest and c how u go xx

Just wanted to say I've had amazing shine on iLac, just as good as Shellac imo... so this lack of shine thing may not be your experience.

I use UV and love this product. As with all products you need to know the ups and downs. I get away with 2 coats on some colours but 3 on others. I find it's a really good consistency.

Sian, be sure to shake the bottle really well for 30 seconds before use. That sounds like your problem. The only colour i find translucent and needs 3 coats is the neon green ( think i23 something like that).

Sian, be sure to shake the bottle really well for 30 seconds before use. That sounds like your problem. The only colour i find translucent and needs 3 coats is the neon green ( think i23 something like that).

I give mine a quick stir with a cocktail stick as well as shaking bit.

I was stirring with an orangewood stick then shaking for 30 seconds, and rolling for 30 seconds...since reading this week's newsletter I now just stir and shake, not roll, but same issues.

I'll have a read and see how everyone's cracked it but sounds like a bit of a faff to me, i noticed the streaks, shine and opacity issue straight away in some of the pictures and I wouldn't be happy with that to be honest, I could probably take on one problem but three seems a bit of a pain, can I just ask what gel polish you use ? Xx

Yeah, it was obvious to me in some of the pictures as well, maybe I'm just OCD about coverage and shine haha.

I've used a few in the past, started off with OPI Gelcolor and more recently Shellac, i've had a few issues with Shellac (namely the lamp) but never had a problem with coverage and shine so it's just weighing it all up I suppose. I'm still on my quest to find the perfect system that incorporates the coverage / shine of Shellac with the staying power and removal of iLac. I've ordered some Megamix so going to give that a go as well.

If you do decide to try let us know how you get on.

Yeah, it was obvious to me in some of the pictures as well, maybe I'm just OCD about coverage and shine haha.

I've used a few in the past, started off with OPI Gelcolor and more recently Shellac, i've had a few issues with Shellac (namely the lamp) but never had a problem with coverage and shine so it's just weighing it all up I suppose. I'm still on my quest to find the perfect system that incorporates the coverage / shine of Shellac with the staying power and removal of iLac. I've ordered some Megamix so going to give that a go as well.

If you do decide to try let us know how you get on.

I think I'm in the same position as you Sian, that's exactly what I'm looking for, I don't want to rush and I want to make sure I make the right decision I don't have the time or money to buy trials in EVERY system I wish there was just one clear answer !! I am going to put the order through for trail kit tonight, I'm swayed by the price and also how long everybody is saying it lasts, I'll keep in touch, also if you could let me know how you get on with your mega mix that would be great, thanks for all your info it's really helped out a lot

I think I'm in the same position as you Sian, that's exactly what I'm looking for, I don't want to rush and I want to make sure I make the right decision I don't have the time or money to buy trials in EVERY system I wish there was just one clear answer !! I am going to put the order through for trail kit tonight, I'm swayed by the price and also how long everybody is saying it lasts, I'll keep in touch, also if you could let me know how you get on with your mega mix that would be great, thanks for all your info it's really helped out a lot

Definitely, we're on the same page! I really, really hope you have no problems with this one because it's *almost* perfect (although for some people it is perfect). Will definitely let you know how I get on with the Megamix and you post your results with iLac on here :hug:

Petal it won't let me load the photos so if u want to pm me your email I'll send u it xx

[QUOTE=Chantelle yes please I'll private message you xx

These are my nails in i-27 I had them on for nearly 3 weeks I wish I'd have took a pic before removal. I'm just going to apply i-33 now x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402946624083.jpg
    1402946624083.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 277
These are my nails in i-27 I had them on for nearly 3 weeks I wish I'd have took a pic before removal. I'm just going to apply i-33 now x

Nice colour!! Might purchase that one.

Y won't it let me upload photos xc

[QUOTE=Chantelle

Try deleting and re-downloading the app , I found that worked

[QUOTE=Chantelle

Have you tried using the full site instead of the app or vice versa? X

Latest posts

Back