INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a devout Shellac girl but was desperate for some wow colours, so I have ordered the starter kit and 2 great colours and am very keen to see how they compare. Can't wait!:biggrin:

My first play with INK London....

I don't profess to be an SG expert in any shape or form, nor the most knowledgable but I thought that my experience with INK London i-Lac might be helpful?
I wanted to try it as I've only ever used Shellac, which I do love but have become a little bored with the colour variation.

INK London i-Lac -
The smell: It smells nothing like Shellac. Probably slightly less pleasant but only if you intend on sniffing the stuff!
The price: Much better value for money
The customer service: I ordered, they delivered quick! Great packaging too. Not the prettiest of bottles but hey ho.
The application: I found the base and top coats required less shaking/rolling/tapping than Shellac and applied more silky and smoothly. No gloopyness.
The colour was, I think much nicer (deeper in concentration?) - it was creamier than Shellac and just draped on! (You can probably tell I absolutely loved using it!)

So what am I going to do next? I'm going to wait 2 weeks and see how it removes. If all goes well, I'm going to run the line alongside Shellac as I feel I have a market for both .....at the moment!

Please note: I have no affiliation with this company whatsoever....nor am I being paid to write this! I just feel so so pleased with this product and really was not expecting to be at all! :)

I don't profess to be an SG expert in any shape or form, nor the most knowledgable but I thought that my experience with INK London i-Lac might be helpful?
I wanted to try it as I've only ever used Shellac, which I do love but have become a little bored with the colour variation.

INK London i-Lac -
The smell: It smells nothing like Shellac. Probably slightly less pleasant but only if you intend on sniffing the stuff!
The customer service: I ordered, they delivered quick! Great packaging too. Not the prettiest of bottles but hey ho.
The application: I found the base and top coats required less shaking/rolling/tapping than Shellac and applied more silky and smoothly. No gloopyness.
The colour was, I think much nicer (deeper in concentration?) - it was creamier than Shellac and just draped on! (You can probably tell I absolutely loved using it!)

So what am I going to do next? I'm going to wait 2 weeks and see how it removes. If all goes well, I'm going to run the line alongside Shellac as I feel I have a market for both .....at the moment!

Please note: I have no affiliation with this company whatsoever....nor am I being paid to write this! I just feel so so pleased with this product and really was not expecting to be at all! :)

That's good to hear, look forward to the end results :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

INK London i-Lac -

You won't be unhappy with the removal, it removes like a dream.
I use the ink remover, in about 8/10 mins it literally falls off the nail, it sort of curls off? Then a quick wipe with some remover on a clean pad and you're done. I do love shellac, but I've never had my shellac remove like this does. Hope you like it, I can't wait to expand my collection, the only problem I find is marketing to clients as they ask for shellac by name, does anyone have any tips? I'm not really very good at selling!

If you could choose only 10 colours, which ones would you choose? I'd like to start using ink on my clients but only have enough money for ten colours. I bought the try it kit last year with I-16 but only used it on myself.
I'm thinking I-1 and I-54 for french, I-51 and I-16 and I love the look of I-74. Maybe I-30 and I-69? Can you guide me on what colours I should consider?

INK London i-Lac -

I've been thinking about getting another brand to use alongside Cnd shellac as well and was thinking about this. Great to hear about Ur experience. I've just ordered the four new colours from the garden nose collection and some new lecente glitters so will have to save up but I will def get some ink ilac next!

Sorry if this has been covered. Can anyone tell me what I-54 white, is like to apply?
I have bought a few colours to try, but I don't want to try the white if it is a pain to apply.

Sorry if this has been covered. Can anyone tell me what I-54 white, is like to apply?
I have bought a few colours to try, but I don't want to try the white if it is a pain to apply.

I haven't tried it myself but seen a few who have used it on facebook & they say it applies really well, hth xx

I haven't tried it myself but seen a few who have used it on facebook & they say it applies really well, hth xx

Thank you for responding. I am tempted.

I use the ink led lamp it is large if you are mobile to transport and it doesnt cure all five fingers as the lights are all on the top which means curing the thumbs separately and increasing service time which I am doing at mo as ive sold all my other brand equipment to go over to ink which I love but not their lamp!

I-54 is a dream white compared to others I have used! No gloop and no wrinkling!

I-54 is a dream white compared to others I have used! No gloop and no wrinkling!

Thank you for responding. I use two main systems and find both whites a nightmare. I have bought a small range of I.L.A.C colours to try, including I-54 so fingers crossed I will love it. There are lots of designs that I want to try that use white as a base, but I have been reluctant to try as my existing ones are wrinklers.

You were so right. It's fabulous to apply. Thank you so much for recommending it.

I've just signed up to the website and sent my cents over. Price is really good. I am trained in shellac beginners with CND though so not entirely sure that I could offer this and still be insured. Tempted to try the starter kit though just on myself.

I've just signed up to the website and sent my cents over. Price is really good. I am trained in shellac beginners with CND though so not entirely sure that I could offer this and still be insured. Tempted to try the starter kit though just on myself.

Pretty sure aslong as you have your mani pedi qualification you'll be insured x

Pretty sure aslong as you have your mani pedi qualification you'll be insured x

No I have shellac for beginners x

Oh I just assumed you had to have the mani/pedi qualification to do that or it was included in the training?

I'm insured with ABT, I emailed them yesterday and asked if I would be covered if I wanted to change brands or would I need to be trained in the brand to be covered ( I am qualified in CND Shellac) and they said I would be covered if I wanted to use another brand. If that makes sense! :)

I'm insured with ABT, I emailed them yesterday and asked if I would be covered if I wanted to change brands or would I need to be trained in the brand to be covered ( I am qualified in CND Shellac) and they said I would be covered if I wanted to use another brand. If that makes sense! :)

I am with ABT. Thank you x

Latest posts

Back