Intimate waxing-positions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janet13

Reaction score
When doing the behind on an intimate wax, do you prefer to get the client on all fours or on their side with their top leg over onto the bed?
I find all fours so much easier for a better finish but some clients find it too intimidating!

While the clients are laying on their back, I get my clients to lift their legs back. (Just like changing a babies nappy)
If they can hold two legs up then that's perfect, but some can only do one. I've had no complaints. Skin is stretched and it's over in 2 mins. :)

I've had many clients mention that they wouldn't go back to a place that had them in all fours. I've never experienced it. But I have tried the side way. I just found it better doing it the way I'm doing it now.
X

For me I find all fours much easier and it's much quicker so IMO it's best for you and your client.

I do all fours. Easier, quicker and they don't have to look at me so when they turn over the rest seems not so bad!

I do all fours
I can get right up to the top of the butt crack this way, whereas I can't if they are only on their backs & lifting legs up
My clients are all ok with this and appreciate the fact that I want to get all the hair off.

All fours x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried it once with the client laying on her side.. Nightmare! She kept trying to press her thighs together, and I was turning into a contortionist trying to get at it!

All fours every time since, much quicker, and much easier on my back!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

All fours is much easier as the waxer.

Also just my opinion as a client (because I've been having waxes for years) I can tell you is way better on all fours. I've had waxes where I've had to lift my legs and it's awful, so uncomfortable and my leg just shook like crazy! It's especially for those of us who are not that flexible! haha.

I always say that the worst thing about a Brazilian is trying to get your legs back together again - agony!!!

Vicki x

Thanks for all your views geeks!
I suppose they are there for a reason and want the best result!

Can anyone tell me, when you get the client on all fours do you mean they are actually up on their hands and knees or kind of kneeling with their bum sticking out so the weight is on their shins?

I did some training last week and the trainer said she doesn't like the all fours position but I am struggling with getting all the bottom area done when they just hug their knees up.

Weight's on knees and elbows. Get them to stick their bum into the hair air and spread their cheeks as much as they comfortably can by arching their back downwards.....it's all very dignified!

Personally in my eye there is no need to get a client on all fours they can either lie on their side with one leg right up to their chest then alternate .... Or lie on the front stretch the skin apart and do the underneath this way. A lot more dignified than on all fours .. 👍👍

I'm not sure any way is more dignified, but all fours is certainly quicker!

I think if you are comfortable and give confidant instructions then the client feels less uncomfortable.

As a client of intimate waxing myself, (which is now desperately overdue) yes it can be embarrassing but I know it gives the best results!

Speaking as a client and not a therapist I find sticking my legs in the air like giving birth much more undignified than all fours.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

As a trained intimate waxer, my clients assume the all 4's position. A few seem daunted, most crack on & hop on up! By the second appointment those that did seem daunted seem relaxed & comfortable as they know the routine the quickness & fantastic results.

From a client perspective cocking my legs up whilst catching eyesight of someone looking at my ar se hole or trying to hug my knees & hoping I then won't fart is not my idea fun.
Bend over & just get the bum done!

However I respect we're all different each to their own! ;)

That's going to become my new catch phrase
"Hop on and get the bum done"

Love it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes we want relaxed happy cat, not angry cat

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

If you have the ability to make your client feel relaxed,, have a chat, then they forget about the 3 mins that they have their butt in the air. There is nothing dignified in having a wax, client knows that. They also know if for example they are going to get a proper wax, then there is no need what's so ever for a useless pair of paper thongs:rolleyes:

I am Kim Lawless trained so it's client on all 4's.

I just tell my clients that is how I want them & they do it, I've not had anyone complain or say they don't want to be in that position & all clients are happy with the results they get.

Latest posts

Back