Intimate waxing vs spray tanning!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charly82

Reaction score
Hello everyone I would love your advice!

I've done my NVQ 2 beauty therapy and am working mobile but want to add to my skills. Unfortunately I can't afford to do everything I want to do!

I really want to do spray tanning and intimate waxing, and hope to do both before the year is out. But which shall I do first?!

I've done my research and would like to do my spray tanning with Sienna X and my waxing with Kim the Wax Queen. I just need to decide what to do first!

Which do you geeks find is most in demand? Which is most profitable? Spray tanning would have the biggest initial outlay of the two....I just don't know!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give xx

From personal experience I'd say spray tanning is definatley going to make you more money quicker!! Purely because u can hav ur spray tan client finished and ready for the next within 15 to 20 mins!! Where as when just starting out with intimate waxing your times can be slower until u get the hang of it therfore may result in not making as much profit!! Good luck whichever way u decide to do it!! Xx

But which shall I do first?!
I personally would do the intimate waxing course first. You already do waxing so its just extending something you already do, as apposed to offering a new treatment. I find more or less all my waxing clients opt for the "intimate" rather than just a "bikini line wax".

Which do you geeks find is most in demand? Which is most profitable?
Where I am more people have intimate waxing than spray tans, but thats just me, other areas might be different.

Not really sure what is more profitable.

With spray tans, I find clients tend to have them for special occasions, with waxing it is a more of a maintence. Also with the waxing you will be offering more than one thing you will have; brazilians, playboys, american, hollywood, you can also offer bikini gems & sunset strip (coloured tints)

You also have the retail potential with spray tans; pre tan srubs, moisturisers.
With waxing you could sell, ingrown hair products.

Hope that helps x
Goodluck, let us know what you decide to go for first :D

Do both!! Seriously, if you can, do both as I hear the girls making a lot of money from their spray tanning.

However, you really should do Intimate waxing. If you can only wax some parts of the body, it's a bit like saying you can cut hair but you can't blow dry.

The way that I wax intimate area's is extreme and I find that my clients are not seasonal as they used to be years ago and they continue to get waxed during the winter months.

Phone a friend of go 50/50 :) xxx

you chose the same brands/trainers as me! :D

i have my training with kim in august for all waxing and i also have my spray tan training with sienna on monday :D because i'm like a million miles away from where kim is we are having a big ole family outing (staying in hotel then my partner is taking our 2 little ones sight seeing while i go to kim :D) so it's super exciting!

i decided to go for lash extensions, waxing inc. intimate waxing and spray tanning to get me started (i'm hoping to go to college and do hair and beauty and the rest in my free time to help pay towards other courses and get some kind of client base built up if that makes sense) because they seem to be the most popular treatments. as far as choosing spray tanning and waxing and this is just from what i have read whilst researching not from actual practise i would go with waxing - simply because spray tans aren't as popular in winter (which by the time you have arrranged training and done it and practised and got your confidence up the summer will be coming to an end) but waxing is always popular - people are always going to want their eyebrows and top lips for eg. waxed and if they are going to make the effort for them two then it seems they will make the effort to get the rest waxed at the same time. not just that but waxing seems to becoming ever so popular with men where as spray tanning just seems still to be for females so that's more clients you can target. like i said though that is just my opinion from reading up. x

How's about asking your existing clients which one they'd be most interested in. If you can gauge from the outset what demand is going to be, it may help you with your decision.

Hi,

I feel from experience you wll make more money by learning to spraytan 1st! i teach it & do it as a therapist - with tan parties every week i can easliy add £300 to my income. I feel this would be alot of waxing... Hope this helps!

Best of Luck.

Beverley Robinson
(Principle Educator/A1 Assessor)
The Beverley Robinson School Of Nails & Beauty
The Midlands

Hi

I'm in a similar situation. I'm booked on to do Sienna training in August, and want to train with Kim soon afterwards!

I figured that there might be a lull in demand for tanning between the end of the summer and xmas, so had wanted to do it before, but I've only just started out mobile and spent sooo much ££ setting up that I want to try and make some back before I pay out for anything else!

I wish more places would take non-refundable deposits for training, so you could book your place, then pay the remainder nearer the course date.

Still, Rome wasn't built in a day! :) Good luck in whatever you decide to do! x

Latest posts

Back