Intimate waxing with strip wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolci_Dolittle

Reaction score
Hi guys.

If you've read my blog you'll know that i'm closing my salon and will be starting working part time in another however - they do their brazilians and hollywoods using strip wax and all therapists are required to treatments in the same way.

I trained with Kim so have been using euroblonde for all intimate waxing for the past 2 and a half years and have gained a good reputation from this which i dont want to ruin.

I'm going in on thursday for a wee training day for them to show me how they do the waxing using strips but i'm a tad worried about this...do you think i should test the water and see if there's anyway i could get them to convert to non strip wax?

Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Why not offer to take a heater of be and do a wax on them so they can feel the difference.

Explain some clients actively search for salons that use non strip and so you could offer both to clients which could well boost there revenues.

Hello Dolci !
I'm employed and self-employed . For my business I use hard wax only for the sensitive areas , because this is how I was trained and I wouldn't even dream to go anywhere near them with strip wax .
The salon where I have a part time job was using strip wax for all these areas that you have mentioned , but that because there is a very skilled and experienced therapist doing it .
I explained them that I can only use hard wax and I actually brought a little pot with hard wax next day and done the owner's armpits and a client's upper lip , both said that is much less painful and hardly any redness .
So the owner agreed to buy hard wax!
In my opinion, I think it's a pity to have had such a brilliant training (with Kim)and work with such wonderful product as PR and to have to do it with strip wax .
I know there are many experienced therapists using strip wax for sensitive areas (take my hat off in front of them) ..but I will always stick to how I was trained .
xx

To be really honest there are not many of us that can use both waxes effectively for intimate areas. My advice to you would be to talk to them and explain your concerns. If you are not confident then you will not be able to give your best to this.

Using a light application of oil, as you would with strip wax, will prevent sticking to the skin. Use strips that have been cut into narrow strips and apply wax thinly and firmly. Support the skin well, it helps to work in small patches in the more fleshy areas.

I have been waxing for over 16 years so am really confident with strip wax, especially the new generation waxes but the non strip waxes are lovely too so maybe this should be a two way meeting with you all learning from eachother.:)

I trained using hot wax for intimate waxing but I much prefer using strip. It is all down to you be comfotable. I would ask them to convert if not call in a few favours of friends lol!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back