Ironing hater reformed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I have to say that the one household chore I HATE is Ironing with a passion, So I decided to buy a steam generator iron and I am reformed I dont have to do anything only move my right arm a bit lol I have done all the ironing today and it only took 40 secs to iron a very crumpled shirt :)
Who else as one ?

Martigirl

Reaction score
I do but it still doesn't encourage me to iron :)

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
I hate hate hate ironing but funnily enough, I got my generator iron out this evening and got it all done in no time. Still hate it though. xx

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
i have a better idea....het hubby to do it !!...:lol:.

just googled those irons and they do look the nuts....

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
i have a better idea....het hubby to do it !!...:lol:.

just googled those irons and they do look the nuts....
They are fab I mean I really do hate ironing but can bear to do it with this and am not going to be stood for hours anymore doing it and the best bit a lady I know husband brought it for her but she didnt use it he died 2 weeks ago so she said would I like to buy it cheap they are over £100 new and yes I did get a bargain a tenner :)

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Adele Keegan was raving (as usual lol:lol:)...about one of these a while ago!

I am keen to get one...but there are so many to chose from now....with all sorts of outputs & capacities....Is there a Which Magazine that would help me make up my mind which one to get:confused:......or have you any recomendations for makes and models?

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Adele Keegan was raving (as usual lol:lol:)...about one of these a while ago!

I am keen to get one...but there are so many to chose from now....with all sorts of outputs & capacities....Is there a Which Magazine that would help me make up my mind which one to get:confused:......or have you any recomendations for makes and models?
Me raving !!!!!!!!:green::green::green:

Well I got mine out gave him a kiss and noted that he is Morphy Richards Jet stream - I got him in Curry's

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I have the Polti steamer, best thing I ever bought. I use it for everything ... well cleaning wise that is! And in Spain it is just the mutts nuts for the tiled floors. I bought the iron attachment and it just speeds through ironing. I still hate doing it, and the pile still builds up until I have nothing left to wear, but it takes a fraction of the time that a traditional iron takes.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Mine is 2200w, with 4 steam settings and a 2 litre tank its is the steampro pump station :)

pure

Reaction score
Hate, hate, hate ironing!:mad:

Does anyone watch Anthea Turner's Perfect Housewife? She had this fab press iron thing on there last week. But I don't know what it's called. Now IF I am going to iron I want one of those! :lol::lol: Sit down and minimal effort.:green:

hayls

Reaction score
I HATE ironing, nothing will ever change my mind about it unless a robot is made to do it for me, I hate even thinking about it tbh!
Dont mind doing the kids clothes, but hubbies drive me mad, long trousers big jumpers etc! Bleurgh!
My ironing pile is..........lets say.........substantial! It only goes down when we run out of clothes!! lol :lol:

Vanneb

Reaction score
The only good ironing system I can think of is the one they advertise in the local paper here.......someone comes and picks it up from your house in a black bin bag and then brings it back on hangers!!!!! :D:biggrin: Now that I could get used to!!

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
when i left the navy my eldest was 6 months old so i took on an ironing job at home.................put me off for flippin life i do iron everything but hate it.....and even get palpatations thinking of it...lol

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Mine is 2200w, with 4 steam settings and a 2 litre tank its is the steampro pump station :)
That sounds like the Porsche of irons lol:lol:!!....I want one!!!!

pure

Reaction score
The only good ironing system I can think of is the one they advertise in the local paper here.......someone comes and picks it up from your house in a black bin bag and then brings it back on hangers!!!!! :D:biggrin: Now that I could get used to!!
Now that sounds perfect for me!:lol:

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
I've been looking at these irons,,,
What is so much better about them?
Thanks
xxx

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I've been looking at these irons,,,
What is so much better about them?
Thanks
xxx
You dont need to keep refilling them with water like a normal iron which saves time and the steam they produce just whizzes through any creases in seconds :)

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
ooooh, How sad is this....
I was going to ask for one for my birthday.
I always thought i'd want something exciting for my 27th lol
:green:

littlegrohl

Reaction score
ooo'er I love ironing!! does that make me wierd?? I crank my music and bop away while ironing.. iron everything even socks and sheets.. my iron is a crappy old thing ive had years.. perhaps i may trade it in for one of the new models.. :green:

Latest posts