Is anyone else feeling as disappointed as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that S2 checked your customer number before selling to you - to make sure you are a professional? I don't know what Harmony do but I recall someone from S2 confirming on here that they only sell to professionals and the customer number is the way they verify that?

Anyone at all can registered to attend Olympia and print their badge....!

Same here! Stood in the Q, looked at the brochure, saw the rubbish deals and lack of additives and see then headed for Harmony. ( Who were brilliant by the way!!)

But what annoyed me most about today is that there were several ladies there who were not qualified AT ALL who filled in badges on line, got tickets and were purchasing Shellac and Gelish Starter kits... Just like that!! No one checked qualifications and training!! How is this fair??????

I was there today and I had to provide my details and they checked I had an account with them. Was this not the case for everyone? I thought " at last they are checking everyone and not just letting anyone buy who are not even qualified" I saw a lot of people who were not qualified and were just buying for their own use. This is the most frustrating for me. I also saw someone buy approx 6 or 7 shellac base coats in one go I did wonder why they needed so many, was it so they can sell on eBay?

The s2 queue was ridiculous, I worked in retail forever and served 150 customers items at 3 tills alot faster than the 3 hrs my sis in law was missing today. I'd been to harmony- brilliant service vat free, all that jazz had a demo, OPI, watched Gemma lambert for 30mins, shopped at Nsi,pro impressions been to Louella belle, more demos, Morgan Taylor- free water!!!! Ldn skins free sample, wandered round got bored hooray sarah appeared! Ruined it for her and we were in queue before 10 and seeing as there wasn't even full stock?! It was a joke I'm afraid. And the queue was so intense I couldn't have watched a demo or anything l, no browsing either, so no chance of swaying me over to more products. Victims of their own success!!! All did a lovely job I'm sure doesn't make a three hour wait for some nail varnish acceptable In my opinion.

Are all the queues really bad?! Or just S2/CND?

I read earlier that S2 had technology issues? If that's the case and the problems get sorted this evening then maybe the wait time will be much better tomorrow?

How long did you have to wait at other popular suppliers stalls - say OPI and Harmony? Just as bad or was s2 a one off?

None bad at all.x

This may be off topic, but how/why did S2 become the only supplier of CND products in the UK? I'm in the US and have multiple suppliers for all of my products. I can't imagine having to use just one supplier, having no recourse if they are out of stock or whatever. Seems like a super sweet deal for S2!

As I understand it, Gigi was the original importer of CND products back in the early 90's when here in the UK it was still all about stick on nails that you purchased in a chemist. Gigi did so well with her nail salon in Leeds that many techs in the UK asked her for training to discover the new American style of nails that she was so busy and inundated with, and of course once they had trained with her they also needed to be supplied with the American style products so it made sense that CND asked her if she wanted to become the UK distributor.

Fast forward a few years and it made sense that Gigi's daughter, Samantha, go into the business too and so she flew to America for training. Whilst there she met one of the top CND educators and nail techs, named Samuel, and the pair fell in love.

Samuel left CND to move to the UK with his new wife Samantha, and together they set up 'Sweet Squared' (I.e. The power of 2 sweets working together) and GiGi was finally able to partially retire knowing that her company and the representation of CND for the UK was in safe hands.

I think it's a win for both companies as CND know their brand is safe with the Sweets, and the Sweets love what they do.

America might have lots of distributors, but the UK is smaller than some of your individual states, hence not needing tons of distributors, each watering down the brand.

:)

Yes this is true, my problem today was there was no 'love and respect' for s2 EXTREMELY loyal customers who qued up for anything from 2-4hrs to get their orders. We waited 2hrs before we got to the cashiers.....only THREE were serving, oh sorry, when we actually got served in TWO tills were open! TWO TILLS!!!!! There were SO MANY people waiting! It really not good enough. Very dissatisfied :(

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to say that I am so surprised that there weren't any CND specials. I was at the Premiere show this year, and although there were no deals on Vinylux, there were quite a few other deals on regular products. I spent a good amount of money, but the savings were worth it.

Perhaps S2 could give those that waited in such long queues a discount on their next purchase to make up for the inconvenience. Their customers' names should be in their computer from the receipts. (Yes, I'm an optimist!)

I find it so hard to read all this crap about a company who have brought us shellac? It's the thing that's kept us all going as far as I'm concerned throughout the recession? Nobody asks for any other product in our area & for what it costs us per application & what we charge our ladies is giving us a good deal? So come on ladies give s2 a break? If you don't want to wait then don't? Order online? If you chose to wait for hours don't come on here & start moaning? Surely it was your choice to wait? We had an amazing day had a fab chat with sam & Samantha & know they only try there best for us? If the hold the key to the most desired product in the industry give them a little respect that the tried to do something new? As for the discount I sure as hell don't discount at Christmas it's when I make some money? Why would they do the same? Wish people would stop moaning when all the staff at s2 are fab

I find it so hard to read all this crap about a company who have brought us shellac? It's the thing that's kept us all going as far as I'm concerned throughout the recession? Nobody asks for any other product in our area & for what it costs us per application & what we charge our ladies is giving us a good deal? So come on ladies give s2 a break? If you don't want to wait then don't? Order online? If you chose to wait for hours don't come on here & start moaning? Surely it was your choice to wait? We had an amazing day had a fab chat with sam & Samantha & know they only try there best for us? If the hold the key to the most desired product in the industry give them a little respect that the tried to do something new? As for the discount I sure as hell don't discount at Christmas it's when I make some money? Why would they do the same? Wish people would stop moaning when all the staff at s2 are fab

People bitch and moan about Apple too when queuing over night to be the first to get their hands on their new( apparently over priced) product. Why do they do it? Hmm

Rinn.... We are loyal to our customers and strive to provide excellent products and services...

This is what it's all about....

And we are treated like cattle....

This lady in front of me got a freebie Vinylux mini starter pack (2 polishes - red & top coat).... So unfair! I spent more than her and she got the last one 😔

Although those discounts look great and are free at that given time, they will have been paid for beforehand - generally with an inflated price all year round.

.....Have you ever shopped with beauty express or capital? I recommend if you haven't. <ironic> They love us-customers :) Prices always good and offers great for all basic supplies :)

So am I getting this right? The only new thing to make the queue seem quicker is the 'Pay now collect later" system?

No more extra demos extra?

A couple of years ago (or maybe last year, my brain is a bit fuzzy), Holly Schippers was there doing demos, and that certainly made the queue seem a lot quicker.

The S2 queue is ALWAYS huge, I'm surprised that Olympia/Excel or any other venue don't have more of an input on the situation as it does seem to use up a lot of the venues ushers and security.

.....Have you ever shopped with beauty express or capital? I recommend if you haven't. <ironic> They love us-customers :) Prices always good and offers great for all basic supplies :)

Capital are majorly over priced and the one near me never has stock of the things I want :(

So am I getting this right? The only new thing to make the queue seem quicker is the 'Pay now collect later" system?

No more extra demos extra?

A couple of years ago (or maybe last year, my brain is a bit fuzzy), Holly Schippers was there doing demos, and that certainly made the queue seem a lot quicker.

The S2 queue is ALWAYS huge, I'm surprised that Olympia/Excel or any other venue don't have more of an input on the situation as it does seem to use up a lot of the venues ushers and security.

That's one thing there wasn't this year. People were easily walking straight into the queue with no questions asked.
Whereas at excel there were men dotted around the queue ready to stop or question people walking in/out. x

Last edited:

Have to agree. I got there early and got through in an hour, I really felt for everyone on the stand as it was a technical error. Had I got there later and seen the queue like it was I would have just left it and ordered on line, s2 have bought us some amazing products in fact if it wasn't for shellac, Vinylux, shrinking violet and faith I wouldn't be here today. I have ordered online from lots of companies and no one delivers like S2 do. The other day I ordered online at 10.30am and received my order 8am the following morning. I never hear anyone saying how great their service can be only when it goes wrong and today they had technical issues which I can guarantee they will work all night tonight to fix it for tomorrow. For those who went to The Event in April, what an amazing few days that was for many reasons. The only time I do an offer on shellac in my salon is Jan and February, why? Because it is my quietest. Like I said before my only concern at these shows is letting untrained unqualified people purchase the products. Hope all goes well tomorrow on s2 Olympia stand. Hope all of the staff today are tucking into a good glass of wine right now, much deserved!

Rinn.... We are loyal to our customers and strive to provide excellent products and services...

This is what it's all about....

And we are treated like cattle....

I get what you are saying sunshineinme but it is a trade show. There's a huge volume of clients wanting to be served NOW!. You have said you were treated like cattle but sure the customers behind you were all as frustrated as you were and wanting to get served too so how could S2 not try and move people through as quickly as possible.
Stuff happens..at the show in Dublin last year all the card machines went down..nightmare and that show is tiny compared to London.
I went to the London show myself last year myself and loved it as I got to hang out in the competition arena and just watch. I remember remarking that the queue for the S2 stand was huge..it was snaking around the stand ..twice!
So why is that? Could it just be that everyone wants CND products ? Yes, so why don't they just order online and save themselves the hassle? Because like my reference to Apple , CND have a great product and are masters of marketing and everyone wants a piece of the action. NOW!

So why is that? Could it just be that everyone wants CND products ? Yes, so why don't they just order online and save themselves the hassle? Because like my reference to Apple , CND have a great product and are masters of marketing and everyone wants a piece of the action. NOW!

Because people are scared the stuff will be out of stock by the time they get the chance to order online? I love S2 just wish the stock issues were sorted :Love:

I saw somewhere that they are releasing an orange and a yello but not until next year, I found this pic but can't remember where from xxx View attachment 43512

I was having a daydream today that I want to see a yellow. I was thinking could do a nice spring/summer bumblebee design with a yellow and blackpool.

This collection looks fantastic because it will fill a gap in the shellac range rather than give us another red or pink. To be fair though I think most ranges have too many similar looking reds and pinks. I find Jessica to be a bit like that too.

These colours look awesome! Just need some neons now to tick all the boxes (hint hint!)

I have to disagree with the security ok maybe wasn't all over but we had Q jumpers and they were asked to leave and told they wouldn't be served.

Yes I Q'd for 3hrs but was my choice I could left if wanted to and yes there were errors with my order and yes I didn't get the free mini vinylux tho all my friends did, but I got apologies by all the staff I spoke to and numerous apologies about the errors, was unfortunate about the till issue but saying all that, I'm still happy I got what I wanted. I know there wasn't big deals etc etc but hey that wasn't my reason to go, I wanted the new colours and I got them and had fun with fellow geeks.

I am sure S2 and the Sweets will look into the issues today and think of ways to rectify for the future, it was a new idea.. Ok maybe it didn't work today but hey it cudv.

Latest posts

Back