Is anyone else feeling as disappointed as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps for those you who are frustrated you had to wait in a long queue today to get your hands on the latest nail varnish 24hrs before anyone else does, or that you weren't given a discount compared to other, lesser well known brands, or that technology failed you/not enough demos for your liking etc. it might help you to know that you weren't alone.

768 million people worldwide waited with you today, for just as long, and with no amusements provided either, except they weren't waiting for the latest nail varnish at a beauty show in London. Rather, they were waiting for clean drinking water. That is all. Something to stop their baby passing away through dehydration.

The only difference I can see is that they didn't moan as much!

So try to lighten up and remember, today wasn't really so bad, unless you were one of the 768 million people worldwide waiting hours just for access to clean drinking water. :wink2:

I have to disagree with the security ok maybe wasn't all over but we had Q jumpers and they were asked to leave and told they wouldn't be served.

Yes I Q'd for 3hrs but was my choice I could left if wanted to and yes there were errors with my order and yes I didn't get the free mini vinylux tho all my friends did, but I got apologies by all the staff I spoke to and numerous apologies about the errors, was unfortunate about the till issue but saying all that, I'm still happy I got what I wanted. I know there wasn't big deals etc etc but hey that wasn't my reason to go, I wanted the new colours and I got them and had fun with fellow geeks.

I am sure S2 and the Sweets will look into the issues today and think of ways to rectify for the future, it was a new idea.. Ok maybe it didn't work today but hey it cudv.

Hopefully they'll rectify it by tomorrow, as thats when I'm going ;)

But regardless, I'm still joining the queue anyway...its really part of the fun/buzz for me (I know, I must be a sadist)...but I do genuinely enjoy chatting to other nail girls in the queue etc.

I was having a daydream today that I want to see a yellow. I was thinking could do a nice spring/summer bumblebee design with a yellow and blackpool.

This collection looks fantastic because it will fill a gap in the shellac range rather than give us another red or pink. To be fair though I think most ranges have too many similar looking reds and pinks. I find Jessica to be a bit like that too.

These colours look awesome! Just need some neons now to tick all the boxes (hint hint!)

There will never be neon shellac, this has been discussed endlessly! See below a post by wee fee as to why! I know the companies that have used neons and have been caught have had their products removed. Again there is another thread on here somewhere.

Originally Posted by Wee Fee
CND do not use any neon pigments in any of their products because truly neon pigments are not licensed for cosmetic use in the US by the FDA or in Europe by the EU. CND are very concerned with International compliance and only ever use ingredients are that 100% legally permissible everywhere in the world. Some ingredients can be a grey area as they are either not yet fully classified by some country's cosmetic control agencies, or they can slip through hazy legislation - CND don't use these kind of ingredients in order to protect their products, formulas and manufacturing processes into the future.
There are several companies using these neon pigments for sure. Whether they will continue to do so into the future I don't know.

Hopefully they'll rectify it by tomorrow, as thats when I'm going ;)

But regardless, I'm still joining the queue anyway...its really part of the fun/buzz for me (I know, I must be a sadist)...but I do genuinely enjoy chatting to other nail girls in the queue etc.

As long as the wait was we chatted and had a laugh, ok back ached, yes we sat on floor couple of times, but hey it's what we do lol... And would I do it again... Yes I would x

Have fun tomoz :)

Wow! Just read this whole thread and I actually feel quite proud of the fact that I buy my CND stuff as and when I want it rather than as a knee jerk reaction to a new release.

I *really* think before buying a shellac colour. There are lots that I would like to own but I'm still making use of the ones that I already own.

I am thinking of going to professional beauty north this year and if I do it will be my first beauty show. On the other hand (in the nicest possible way), if it's a choice of having a chill at home vs queuing with a lot of stressed people I think I might just continue to read up on things online. The internet is a wealth of knowledge and I get scratch magazine so I don't know if the leg ache and the hot room will give me any more than browsing my laptop.

Hmmm...

They tried a new way it didn't work, I am sure they will fix it lol I waited 2 and a half hour too. It would of been nice if the demo s were inside the stands to give you something nice to watch while waiting. Even more tv screens would of been nice. Xxxx I got what I wanted but it did mean had very little time to look round the rest of the show x

As I understand it, Gigi was the original importer of CND products back in the early 90's when here in the UK it was still all about stick on nails that you purchased in a chemist. Gigi did so well with her nail salon in Leeds that many techs in the UK asked her for training to discover the new American style of nails that she was so busy and inundated with, and of course once they had trained with her they also needed to be supplied with the American style products so it made sense that CND asked her if she wanted to become the UK distributor.

Fast forward a few years and it made sense that Gigi's daughter, Samantha, go into the business too and so she flew to America for training. Whilst there she met one of the top CND educators and nail techs, named Samuel, and the pair fell in love.

Samuel left CND to move to the UK with his new wife Samantha, and together they set up 'Sweet Squared' (I.e. The power of 2 sweets working together) and GiGi was finally able to partially retire knowing that her company and the representation of CND for the UK was in safe hands.

I think it's a win for both companies as CND know their brand is safe with the Sweets, and the Sweets love what they do.

America might have lots of distributors, but the UK is smaller than some of your individual states, hence not needing tons of distributors, each watering down the brand.

:)

Thanks for the reply, I was genuinely curious about S2's monopoly on CND distributorship. I just wonder why CND feel they can only trust S2 in all of the UK. I know it's small, but in my city alone, I have multiple wholesale shops where I can purchase my CND products. I don't even need to order online and have them shipped. It's weird that there are so many trusted sellers of CND products in my city alone, but only this one in the UK.

Im just wondering if someone will message me hiw much the charmed collections are as im going to be buying Tuesday night! !

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im just wondering if someone will message me hiw much the charmed collections are as im going to be buying Tuesday night! !

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

They're the price that two bottles of shellac would normally be so the additive is a bonus! HTH.

Thanks for the reply, I was genuinely curious about S2's monopoly on CND distributorship. I just wonder why CND feel they can only trust S2 in all of the UK. I know it's small, but in my city alone, I have multiple wholesale shops where I can purchase my CND products. I don't even need to order online and have them shipped. It's weird that there are so many trusted sellers of CND products in my city alone, but only this one in the UK.

Hi Rach,

I think it's less of a case of CND only having trust in S2, and more a case of S2 keeping a tight reign on what should be a professional only product.

The Sweets could appoint sub-distributors throughout the UK and it would certainly mean a lot less work for them, and would result in a situation similar to your own town in Orlando where the products would be available in a few wholesalers, but that brings with it other problems such as those sub-distributors selling to the general public and "have a go" nail-techs, who in turn would not use the products correctly and thus end up tarnishing the brand and it's great reputation. To my knowledge, the Sweets have only appointed one sub-distributor in the UK and that is a small chain of wholesalers called Ellisons.

If I was to draw an analogy to haircare, I would say that the Sweets are trying to emulate a "Kerastase" type of market for CND here in the UK and so far, so good. One of the reasons I chose to use CND over OPI is that CND is not available to my own clients in the likes of Sally's, whereas OPI is. If CND were suddenly available in wholesalers it would effect the nail techs who helped the Sweets to build the brand name, and by effect them I mean in a negative manner. So I for one applaud the Sweets...they promised it would remain a strictly professional brand and to this day they have worked very hard to keep it that way. Although this has meant a harder than average workload and perhaps even less turnover, they have stuck to their principles and vision at a time when many other companies have scrumpled up the brand vision and instead gone for sales volumes.

The Sweets are supporting the professional nail technician and industry in a harsh climate. People who use genuine Shellac don't need to reduce their service prices...I think that wouldn't be the case if the Sweets hadn't kept their end of the bargain. ;)

Unfortunately there are many, many unauthorised sellers selling professional and retail CND product in the UK online, and CND are unwilling to do anything about them.
Sweet Squared have no legal authority to prevent these people; that lies with CND.
And people like me, who sell Vinylux on our websites, have found that this shocking dereliction of duty from CND has resulted in our sales disappearing overnight.
Do CND care? Apparently not.

Gotcha. I guess it just goes to show how different things are between the two places. CND products are still regarded as professional only products here (sold in wholesale shops only open to licensed professionals) and I've not heard of problems with non pros being able to get their hands on them. We also don't seem to have the same issues with counterfeit products (cco and the like) here. I've never seen those types of products and only heard of them through this site. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning for business being done so differently there, but I guess I don't really need to. I'm just thankful for the access to products I have.

Sorry if this posts more than once. Can we get a bug fix for ios7?! 😜

Well, this year the whole experience with S2 in Olympia was "slightly" disappointing:
1) 3h queue!!! to get to the till and another 20 min queue to get your order!!
2) very "pushy" deals where you must pay for things majority of your clients don't need in order to get what you want and with little or no discount.

My back is in so much pain from queueing and that is probably the reason why I am complaining :) But, yes, there is a lot for S2 to learn to give love and respect to their customers.

Gotcha. I guess it just goes to show how different things are between the two places. CND products are still regarded as professional only products here (sold in wholesale shops only open to licensed professionals) and I've not heard of problems with non pros being able to get their hands on them. We also don't seem to have the same issues with counterfeit products (cco and the like) here. I've never seen those types of products and only heard of them through this site. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning for business being done so differently there, but I guess I don't really need to. I'm just thankful for the access to products I have.

Sorry if this posts more than once. Can we get a bug fix for ios7?! ��

I think it's the culture that's different Rach.

Over there you need to have a license from your State in order to operate and you must keep renewing it otherwise you are in severe trouble if you carry out any services on the public.

Over here there are no such laws, and my own mother could walk into a shop, purchase some nail polish and begin advertising as a manicurist should she wish. Imagine if it were easy for her to get hold of genuine CND Shellac? That's why many companies over here such as Paul Mitchell, Redken, CND, Aveda etc. have only one distributor and it's themselves or their representatives - they do it to protect their branded products being used by just any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

;)

I think it's the culture that's different Rach.

Over there you need to have a license from your State in order to operate and you must keep renewing it otherwise you are in severe trouble if you carry out any services on the public.

Over here there are no such laws, and my own mother could walk into a shop, purchase some nail polish and begin advertising as a manicurist should she wish. Imagine if it were easy for her to get hold of genuine CND Shellac? That's why many companies over here such as Paul Mitchell, Redken, CND, Aveda etc. have only one distributor and it's themselves or their representatives - they do it to protect their branded products being used by just any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

;)

Ah, yes. It makes more sense now. Thanks for explaining!

I find it so hard to read all this crap about a company who have brought us shellac? It's the thing that's kept us all going as far as I'm concerned throughout the recession? Nobody asks for any other product in our area & for what it costs us per application & what we charge our ladies is giving us a good deal? So come on ladies give s2 a break? If you don't want to wait then don't? Order online? If you chose to wait for hours don't come on here & start moaning? Surely it was your choice to wait? We had an amazing day had a fab chat with sam & Samantha & know they only try there best for us? If the hold the key to the most desired product in the industry give them a little respect that the tried to do something new? As for the discount I sure as hell don't discount at Christmas it's when I make some money? Why would they do the same? Wish people would stop moaning when all the staff at s2 are fab

CND is fantastic, from their L&P, Gels, Brisa Lite and Shellac.
S2 is a Great distributor. They are the only company I know that personally answer questions sent to them on public forums.
I am extremely proud to be part of something so wonderful and wear my badges with pride.
However, people are entitled to have a moan occasionally when something goes so badly wrong.
Today I queued for over 3 hours. I will NEVER EVER do that again!
Yes it was my choice! No I didn't have to. So why did I, well. So often when a new product/collection is launched, unless you get in very quickly it goes out of stock. You are then waiting for weeks sometimes longer to get it.
That aside, had I known the wait would be over 3 hours, of course I would not have waited. There was a new system in place and it was meant to speed things up. So yes I saw the queue but had confidence that it would move quite quickly. I was wrong, and once committed I had to wait.
It was unbelievably hot in there, I wasn't able to sit, I was alone and wasn't able to go to the loo or get a drink for fear of losing my place.
I saw one woman at the tills almost faint, she sat on the floor, they quickly got her a chair and a drink. At that point surely they must have realised what conditions were like for all of us waiting. Did they bring around any cups of water? Not at all!
Somebody said on here that there were queue jumpers, that too was true. When seen they were stopped, but often they were not seen as the S2 girls were being engaged in conversation.
I understand there was a problem with the till connections, Not their fault at all. Their people did a grand job under pressure, they hardly had a break themselves from what I saw.
I spent in total £45 getting to the show, not as much as some I know, It took me over 2 hours getting there by train, again not as long as some had traveled. However, after waiting so long then finally getting served and getting my products, I had 45 minutes left to look around, and get whatever else I needed.
Needless to say, I had no time at all to browse or enjoy the show. So Yes I too feel a little peeved, and what people need is sympathy and understanding, not others coming on here berating them for 'moaning'. :Love:

Ok so some people waited 3-5 hours? I want to say so what that was their choice but that would be rude? What I will say is think of how many ladies sit in your salon 45-60 minutes every other week to have the shellac applied? Think how much your business has come on since we got shellac? I know mine has? If you don't want to wait then pick another product? Go to the empty stands of the competitors that surely must look on in wonder & wish they were sweet squared? We have the best product in the industry why are we moaning about 3 hours waiting when in reality we could be waiting in the dole office? All beyond me & if people want sympathy that's fine? But don't come on here & slag off a company who does what ever they can to help us? I was one of the lucky ones to go to the event? Never seen anything like it in my life before & what you came away with is the knowledge that sam & Samantha care? They will be horrified the new system didn't work like they thought it would? But I can guarantee come the end of the night last night the wouldn't be sat having a nice meal they will have been putting their heads together to improve the system again so come on ladies give them & the team at s2 a break and look at what a truly amazing product we have on our shelves? Rant over again!

I've just done the queue in 10 minutes!

You guys think a few hours is bad? Us in Australia wait WEEKS to get the new products, sometimes longer as we always seem to be the last ones!!!

Ok so some people waited 3-5 hours? I want to say so what that was their choice but that would be rude? What I will say is think of how many ladies sit in your salon 45-60 minutes every other week to have the shellac applied? Think how much your business has come on since we got shellac? I know mine has? If you don't want to wait then pick another product? Go to the empty stands of the competitors that surely must look on in wonder & wish they were sweet squared? We have the best product in the industry why are we moaning about 3 hours waiting when in reality we could be waiting in the dole office? All beyond me & if people want sympathy that's fine? But don't come on here & slag off a company who does what ever they can to help us? I was one of the lucky ones to go to the event? Never seen anything like it in my life before & what you came away with is the knowledge that sam & Samantha care? They will be horrified the new system didn't work like they thought it would? But I can guarantee come the end of the night last night the wouldn't be sat having a nice meal they will have been putting their heads together to improve the system again so come on ladies give them & the team at s2 a break and look at what a truly amazing product we have on our shelves? Rant over again!

Actually some of us, like me, couldn't physically wait that stupid length of time. Oh and the competitors stalls were run smoothly and efficiently and you were made to feel like a valued customer. NSI even opened up some new gels for me so I could actually see the consistency whilst I was there. I'm sorry but you can't blame people for being peeved and they have every right to be so and shouldn't be brow beaten with we are just so lucky to have shellac. Cnd and s2 are blimmin lucky to have our custom too you know!

Latest posts

Back