Is anyone else feeling as disappointed as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxCaZxXx

Reaction score
First or all this isn't a rant, I genuinely love shellac and I kinda want everyone to restore my faith in them because after Olympia, I really feel like they just want my money.

My main problems are the reds! Every collection has at least one red or pink but there still aren't any oranges or yellows and I know you can create them with additives but if you can create so many amazing colours then why is there the need for so many reds/pinks???

My other problem is the lamp, after reading on here that they are releasing an led lamp I'm so annoyed! Every other company I've spoken to has said I can use the cnd lamp, only cnd say you can only use their lamp and now they're gona have a new one so I'm guessing that the ones I have (that's multiple) are going to be fazed out like the brisa ones

Lastly the collections at Olympia. I ended up saving £3 because I wasn't going to buy the additives/intimate set as I already had 2 with the charmed and I feel like they deliberately put them together so that you would think you was saving money and get them.

Does anyone else feel like this or is it jut because I'm fed up after waiting 3 hours at Olympia for what feels like no good reason,

Nice thing is Gelish say you can cure them in the CND lamp or any other 36W UV lamp. And they have plenty of oranges.

Bless you,
Waiting 3hrs for nail stuff would try the patience of a saint. I bet its like being at A&E :(

When is this led coming out then? as I'm planning on buying the cnd uv lamp

I sympathise with you. Waiting that long is ridiculous! They were supposed to be doing something to help with the queuing system. I too am sick of seeing collections with reds in them. I would prefer a choice of collections, ie a brown collection, or an orang collection, or green etc. OR better still be able to choose 3 or 4 colours as a collection. We need choice, not being made to buy what they want us to buy. It's a waste of our money having colours we don't want.

I saw somewhere that they are releasing an orange and a yello but not until next year, I found this pic but can't remember where from xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379858379.706464.jpg

First or all this isn't a rant, I genuinely love shellac and I kinda want everyone to restore my faith in them because after Olympia, I really feel like they just want my money.

My main problems are the reds! Every collection has at least one red or pink but there still aren't any oranges or yellows and I know you can create them with additives but if you can create so many amazing colours then why is there the need for so many reds/pinks???

My other problem is the lamp, after reading on here that they are releasing an led lamp I'm so annoyed! Every other company I've spoken to has said I can use the cnd lamp, only cnd say you can only use their lamp and now they're gona have a new one so I'm guessing that the ones I have (that's multiple) are going to be fazed out like the brisa ones

Lastly the collections at Olympia. I ended up saving £3 because I wasn't going to buy the additives/intimate set as I already had 2 with the charmed and I feel like they deliberately put them together so that you would think you was saving money and get them.

Does anyone else feel like this or is it jut because I'm fed up after waiting 3 hours at Olympia for what feels like no good reason,

Have a look at https://www.cnd.com/fwdigitalhq/open-road.php
with the paradise collection, yellow and orange is on their way.
Concerning the UV-lamp... i have 2 of them, and i'm not worried a bit. Why Should i? They are doing exactly what they should, curing the Brisa gels and the CND SHellac. I will not bother to buy the CND LED as soon as possible. Trust CND, if they put somthing on the market, it will work as it should.
The 2 additives free with the bottle of retention+ is a nice gift i thought. i bought the additives collection and all new colors, but if you need monomer, you get 2 additives for free, good: that gives you a chance to try other ways using additives ;-) mix them with Brisa Gel, mix them with acrylic powder, mix 2 additives to use over CND Shellac....

Have a look at https://www.cnd.com/fwdigitalhq/open-road.php
with the paradise collection, yellow and orange is on their way.
Concerning the UV-lamp... i have 2 of them, and i'm not worried a bit. Why Should i? They are doing exactly what they should, curing the Brisa gels and the CND SHellac. I will not bother to buy the CND LED as soon as possible. Trust CND, if they put somthing on the market, it will work as it should.
The 2 additives free with the bottle of retention+ is a nice gift i thought. i bought the additives collection and all new colors, but if you need monomer, you get 2 additives for free, good: that gives you a chance to try other ways using additives ;-) mix them with Brisa Gel, mix them with acrylic powder, mix 2 additives to use over CND Shellac....

Cool! I didn't know you can mix additives with Brisa

I was extremely disappointed that we have been expected to spend 3 hours to be served!!!! (sorry- a little bit over!!!!!) and still "high 5" to the S2 ladies managing queues!

Was it 7 people serving? Oh and then apparently tills broke so actually it was 4?!?!? Whatever.....

This has completely ruined my day at Olympia, Im still feeling anxious.

I know that S2 holds a monopoly for distribution ofCND products so I have no choice but to stick with them (elissons gets everything directly from S2) but to be honest- I don't want to be understanding because my time is precious and clearly the only place that absolutely was failing with the customer traffic was S2. Did they care for me today and showed me ANY love for me speeding £300? Nop!

That is why I am seeing tomorrow NSI Educator and paying a visit to Gelish stall.

They don't care about me and won't miss me as an individual but if they continue this way they will miss many of us who will move elsewhere our custom.

And my customers will still be receiving great high quality service but maybe branded by NSI, or OPI or something else...

I was extremely disappointed that we have been expected to spend 3 hours to be served!!!! (sorry- a little bit over!!!!!) and still "high 5" to the S2 ladies managing queues!

Was it 7 people serving? Oh and then apparently tills broke so actually it was 4?!?!? Whatever.....

This has completely ruined my day at Olympia, Im still feeling anxious.

I would NOT wait hours to buy anything. Here in Belgium/The Netherlands, there's a 20% discount on CND product during the tradeshow, to avoid long waiting line, you also get 20% ordering online (with the CND Distributor). Is S2 doing this also?

Last edited by a moderator:
S2 don't offer actual money off discounts at the show like other companies, all you save is shipping! They do have a bunch of deals but then I guess it depends what your after! They seem to have the same deals on the website although I'm sure they will correct me if I'm wrong!

I guess that's the benefit to having the monopoly!

I started with OPI which was really quick and thought I'd go over to the CND stand which at 11am was probably 100 people deep (at least). I don't know how people had the patience to queue for 3+hrs, they are better than I. I saw the queue and ran! :D

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

Got to Olympia at 9.10. Waited for doors to open & straight to S2 stand. I was about 60th in the queue - it took 2.5 hours as there were numerous delays, technical & once you paid you had to re queue to collect & people were being given the wrong stuff. S2 don't offer any discount which at a trade show is just not good enough when all the other professional brands offer discounts ranging from VAT free to 15% off to training free or half price etc.... I couldn't get everything I wanted as they only had the new collections & V collections etc but not BL smoothing gel so will have to put an order in anyway!

Got to Olympia at 9.10. Waited for doors to open & straight to S2 stand. I was about 60th in the queue - it took 2.5 hours as there were numerous delays, technical & once you paid you had to re queue to collect & people were being given the wrong stuff. S2 don't offer any discount which at a trade show is just not good enough when all the other professional brands offer discounts ranging from VAT free to 15% off to training free or half price etc.... I couldn't get everything I wanted as they only had the new collections & V collections etc but not BL smoothing gel so will have to put an order in anyway!

So "why" are so many people going to the CND booth on the show? No real discounts, a selective choice of products... I would order online :twisted:

Conny S2 doesn't offer any loyalty deals, VAT offers or anything like it.

The offers on the trade show- some we're good like DIVA FX but the rest- no bother :/

I got there at 9:50am...... Know your pain...

I bet pretty soon someone will c e here and start telling us how ungrateful we are and if we have issues we should speak to S2... ;)

So "why" are so many people going to the CND booth on the show? No real discounts, a selective choice of products... I would order online :twisted:

I usually was happy with special deals on shows but this year- overrated. It's just when you join the queue you get stuck and carry on I guess :/

I've got all this to look forward to tomorrow.

Geeks, what were the changes that have been made to make the queuing seem quicker?

I usually was happy with special deals on shows but this year- overrated. It's just when you join the queue you get stuck and carry on I guess :/

What deals did they have on? If you can't say the prices...please PM me.

Xx

Can I play devil's advocate here?

If you were booked like crazy for a certain type of manicure (let's call it a 'geek' manicure) and you were booked to the point that you had 200 people queuing up outside your salon to book an appointment, would you honestly then announce a discount? I would see there to be no reason to offer any special deals or discounts if you already had 200 people wanting to buy something, infact I would hazard a guess it would only add more people to your queue and create further disappointment and queue times.

If you don't have the thing that everyone wants, then yes, I can see why you would want to run an offer at a trade show, simply to try and attract people to your stand and hopefully get them to part with some money. But when you have under supply and over demand, that's not the time for any business (whether supplier or nail tech) to start reducing their prices. Wouldn't you agree?

Can I play devil's advocate here?

If you were booked like crazy for a certain type of manicure (let's call it a 'geek' manicure) and you were booked to the point that you had 200 people queuing up outside your salon to book an appointment, would you honestly then announce a discount? I would see there to be no reason to offer any special deals or discounts if you already had 200 people wanting to buy something, infact I would hazard a guess it would only add more people to your queue and create further disappointment and queue times.

If you don't have the thing that everyone wants, then yes, I can see why you would want to run an offer at a trade show, simply to try and attract people to your stand and hopefully get them to part with some money. But when you have under supply and over demand, that's not the time for any business (whether supplier or nail tech) to start reducing their prices. Wouldn't you agree?

I see your point with regards to discounts as CND are sooo popular people will buy the stuff with or without discount.

But the waiting times sounds really off. I'd like to think they can learn from this for next year or the next show (Is that proff beauty?)and have a bigger stand and double if not 2.5 staff numbers, i dunno how easy that would be for them but clearly they need to realise their popularity and cater for it, maybe?

Mind you what do i know, i dont know distribution or logistics, just putting in my 2 cents :D

Latest posts

Back