Is anyone else feeling as disappointed as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The different queue this year is that they give you a catalogue and pen and you tick what you want or the amount and give it to the cashier and pay.

Your order goes to the stock room.

They give you a number and you queue to get to the next section of about 5 windows where you hand in your number and get your stock. Some bigger bits are delivered though.

I'm waiting for dashing diva fx, shrinking violet and faith lift xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

We got there at 9.30 and was told it was an hours wait, I could deal with that, it got to 10.30 and we were almost "inside" do I assumed it was an hour from 10, by 11, it was kinda a case of I've waited this long but you don't save any money, the deals are all on starter pacts so I can promise I will never queue up again, I'd rather enjoy the rest of the show and wait a few days for the new shellac's but it was defiantly a learning experience!

I have to say, seeing next years collection I feel better know they are bringing out new colours instead of new shades...

I chose not to go today as I felt my time was better spent with my husband and children. I knew the queues for s2 would be stupid and I just won't queue for that long. I also knew that they wouldn't have usual stock so would need to place an order anyway and if I had brought quite a lot at the show I would have to try to make my order up so as not to pay postage. I agree with the person (sorry on phone and can't see now who said it) that why would they offer more discounts if the queue was already 3 hours long?! Plus why spend the extra on bigger stands and more staff when there are people prepared to stand around for 3 hours waiting. I'm sorry to sound mean (I'm really not!) but learn from this and next time either don't go or just don't go to that stand. I will attend excel but will only bother with s2 if there is no queue.
Their marketing is very clever with the box sets which if you purchased them would mean you would end up with more than you possibly want/need.
When you have a business you need to be business savvy and not be like a child in a sweet shop (pardon the pun!)
I do like s2 and Cnd but you have to think where you time and money is best spent. Perhaps the show isn't it!

All the companies I stock up with reward my loyalty by offering discounts, vat free days etc.

All but not S2.

They promised us loyalty scheme The event but nothing happened.

I'm done now...can't be bother to talk about them. Wasting more time on them x

I chose not to go today as I felt my time was better spent with my husband and children. I knew the queues for s2 would be stupid and I just won't queue for that long. I also knew that they wouldn't have usual stock so would need to place an order anyway and if I had brought quite a lot at the show I would have to try to make my order up so as not to pay postage. I agree with the person (sorry on phone and can't see now who said it) that why would they offer more discounts if the queue was already 3 hours long?! Plus why spend the extra on bigger stands and more staff when there are people prepared to stand around for 3 hours waiting. I'm sorry to sound mean (I'm really not!) but learn from this and next time either don't go or just don't go to that stand. I will attend excel but will only bother with s2 if there is no queue.
Their marketing is very clever with the box sets which if you purchased them would mean you would end up with more than you possibly want/need.
When you have a business you need to be business savvy and not be like a child in a sweet shop (pardon the pun!)
I do like s2 and Cnd but you have to think where you time and money is best spent. Perhaps the show isn't it!

At least i know what to excpect at the next show in spring, whilst it might not be as busy?? will it? i dunno.
But I'd head straight over to Harmony then cruise the rest and avoid S2 if it's manic! :D

This is not good!

I hope it's sorted by tomorrow, especially since I'm driving up and would have had an early start. By the time I've parked the car, checked into the hotel and got the tube to Kensington it's going to be the afternoon. I do not want to be queuing until the doors close on the show. Can you imagine? :eek::lol:

I am making a few days in London purely because of the show and I want to come home with something Godamit!

Are all the queues really bad?! Or just S2/CND?

I read earlier that S2 had technology issues? If that's the case and the problems get sorted this evening then maybe the wait time will be much better tomorrow?

How long did you have to wait at other popular suppliers stalls - say OPI and Harmony? Just as bad or was s2 a one off?

Are all the queues really bad?! Or just S2/CND?

I read earlier that S2 had technology issues? If that's the case and the problems get sorted this evening then maybe the wait time will be much better tomorrow?

How long did you have to wait at other popular suppliers stalls - say OPI and Harmony? Just as bad or was s2 a one off?

One geek said Harmony was 30mins to queue then another 5mins to pay, which sounds very reasonable considering.

This is not good!

I hope it's sorted by tomorrow, especially since I'm driving up and would have had an early start. By the time I've parked the car, checked into the hotel and got the tube to Kensington it's going to be the afternoon. I do not want to be queuing until the doors close on the show. Can you imagine? :eek::lol:

I am making a few days in London purely because of the show and I want to come home with something Godamit!

I think like others have said don't bother with S2 if it's heaving, just enjoy the rest of the show, which i'm sure you will x

One geek said Harmony was 30mins to queue then another 5mins to pay, which sounds very reasonable considering.

Love Harmony.. :Love:

I also love CND though so I'd want visit both stalls if I went. But the queues, and the fact there's apparently no great offers from S2/CND, puts me off going :(

I was extremely disappointed that we have been expected to spend 3 hours to be served!!!! (sorry- a little bit over!!!!!) and still "high 5" to the S2 ladies managing queues!

Was it 7 people serving? Oh and then apparently tills broke so actually it was 4?!?!? Whatever.....

This has completely ruined my day at Olympia, Im still feeling anxious.

I would NOT wait hours to buy anything. Here in Belgium/The Netherlands, there's a 20% discount on CND product during the tradeshow, to avoid long waiting line, you also get 20% ordering online (with the CND Distributor). Is S2 doing this also?

20% off? I wish!!

All the companies I stock up with reward my loyalty by offering discounts, vat free days etc.

All but not S2.

They promised us loyalty scheme The event but nothing happened.

I'm done now...can't be bother to talk about them. Wasting more time on them x

Although those discounts look great and are free at that given time, they will have been paid for beforehand - generally with an inflated price all year round.

This may be off topic, but how/why did S2 become the only supplier of CND products in the UK? I'm in the US and have multiple suppliers for all of my products. I can't imagine having to use just one supplier, having no recourse if they are out of stock or whatever. Seems like a super sweet deal for S2!

I appreciate S2 might want to capitalize on the popularity of their products... Wouldn't we all but we are all in business and at the end of the day you have to give your customers something in reward for their loyalty to keep them coming back, amazing customer service doesn't always cut it! Then again I suppose lack of competition in the market means we all have no choice but to go to them so it makes do difference really! Would be interesting to see how it would be if there was ever a second distributor in the UK!

I wanted various things from CND today stood in the queue for 5 mins looked at their catalogue of what was available today at Olympia and thought 'Whats the point?'. I can order everything thats at the event from 12 Midnight on Monday & I couldnt get half of what i hoped would be there so why bother. There were no real incentives or great deals, so i left the queue. Im very glad I did it was ridiculous!!! Very disappointed thought CND would of had some great deals for us all :irked:

I waited for 3 & half hours too today!!

Definitely not going to do it again, by the time I finished I was too tired to look at the other stands, and needed a break for about an hour before I ventured on again!

They really need to sort this problem out as it's ongoing and lots if people are getting frustrated.

Whew that's a long wait. Didn't go to the show as I know Harmony will email before and during the show weekend with their deals which included 15% off including the 18g LED and half price on wall racks. They often do VAT free at the shows (plus of course no postage)

There were queues and there always have been so we just just need to ask ourselves is it worth saving the money and getting the products a few days early.

If the answer is yes then enjoy the show and take a magazine, kindle, book and refreshments.

If the answer is no then don't go. I'm in the no category :) Looking forward to ordering online though x

Do they not even offer VAT free at the show?

I wanted various things from CND today stood in the queue for 5 mins looked at their catalogue of what was available today at Olympia and thought 'Whats the point?'. I can order everything thats at the event from 12 Midnight on Monday & I couldnt get half of what i hoped would be there so why bother. There were no real incentives or great deals, so i left the queue. Im very glad I did it was ridiculous!!! Very disappointed thought CND would of had some great deals for us all :irked:

Same here! Stood in the Q, looked at the brochure, saw the rubbish deals and lack of additives and see then headed for Harmony. ( Who were brilliant by the way!!)

But what annoyed me most about today is that there were several ladies there who were not qualified AT ALL who filled in badges on line, got tickets and were purchasing Shellac and Gelish Starter kits... Just like that!! No one checked qualifications and training!! How is this fair??????

Latest posts

Back