Is anyone else quiet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss amy

Reaction score
Hi Geeklings :hug:

Is anyone else super quiet at the moment? I am a hair salon in Nottingham, been open 6 months and all of a sudden its just died! just wondered how everyone else was doing and what you do when your quit to attract new clients?

Thanks,

Amy xx

Hi Amy ,
my salon was as dead as a dodo last week and the start of this week, but today MY GOSH!!!! how busy were we had 2 turn away what seemed like thousands. my shop is on outskirts of brum city centre and we really rely on a lot of walk ins (students mainly) maybe your quiet cos it's easter break and a lotta peeps are away you'll find holiday times are really busy one minute then quiet the next cos peeps want thier hair done 2 go away etc..... you'll b fine i worry a lot about being quiet and not being able to pay bills etc.. it's my 4th year in business and i'm just seeing a profit now.
why don't you do some promotions on highlights to bring new clients in then they'll return and spend more next time, or do a 2 4 1 deal where you can get regulars to bring a friend with them, for a cut or cut and finish then this wont cost you any stock.
good luck,

Don't worry as lots of people go away for Easter. They'll all be back next week. xx

I think that with Easter coming some two weeks early this year we are a bit confused and expectations for the season to kick in are therfore a couple of weeks ahead of us.

There does in fact seem to be a trend of increased levels of activity in the salons right now so maybe were finally away for the 2008 season.

When trade is quiet this is a good time to do some housekeeping within your buisness...maybe freshen up the salon,look at other services you can offer your customers,look at ways of gaining more customers and of course have a look at your operating cost's.(are there any areas wher you can perhaps reduce these costs without effecting your buisness)

Dont just sit around waiting for customers to roll in the door..use the time to your advantage so that when things do pick up you are ready for the rush
Good luck

Yes business is quiet at the moment, but its a tad bit busyer than last week i think now the sun is shining it makes people want to pamper themselves more.It should pick up more soon x

hi yes it does seem quiet at the moment. I have just advertised for a one week special for full body spray tans half price that has bought in afew new clients and I also texted old clients to let them know of the half price tans on offer. got to plan ahead for these quiet periods and do offers to attract new clients and to bring bk the old, thats what I do.

This week is deffinately busier than last couple of weeks, and more bookings for next few weeks as well. Had a busy end to Feb. did promotion on tans and got a lot of business, but March was very quiet. Hope it will now continue to pick up.

Latest posts

Back