Is anyone else really quiet, recently?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura1993

Reaction score
I'm so quite at the moment!
I'm self employed in a hair salon and normally quite busy, but today I have literally had one person!
Is it anything to do with coming to the end of the month? Pay day lol?!
I also did a leaflet drop for my mobile business and nothing ZILCH
!!
Even gumtree! I normally get a lot more people look at my ads!

Just needed a rant I suppose!!
Thanks for reading!
xx

It's better for me now. I moved house AND Dali s 3 weeks ago. I can see an improvement already. Things are at least heading in the right direction. Basically I think it was the wrong salon before. Too many old people and (sorry to say this, and parts of my own family are too, Jewish. They just would not spend and pushed and pushed for bargains).
At this salon people are young or younger. Better footfall too. I'm not such a worrier now that money is coming in a little steadier.

Its the summer holidays, people have childcare as well as holidays to pay for & less free 'me' time. Alot of my ladies are going away so Ive had a great week-in fact month on the whole. But next week is pretty sparse!

My mum works on a caravan/camping site & she is run off her feet right now!

Xx

i have to say i am busier than ever, ive worked every evening this week and was going to have friday off as that was looking quiet and even that is full now!

Laura , how long have you been going?

I know it's difficult when you're so quiet but you just need to keep advertising. Use Facebook, twitter, set up a website, collect people's email addresses (with their permission) when you do your consultation form. You can then send them a newsletter and that will be sent to your target audience. Always have business cards with you so you can hand them out when someone comments on your nails / hair / whatever you do. If you're not working advertise!

It takes time but you can get busier.

Good luck x

It's all waxing, waxing, waxing and feet, bloody feet at the moment.
I'm bolloxed!

No rest for the wicked ;)

It's all waxing, waxing, waxing and feet, bloody feet at the moment.
I'm bolloxed!

agree with that ...my back is killing me today cos of all the feet!!

I've been manic and then worry I look a sweaty mess lol. Looks quieter next week, but the phones could still ring.

Use your free time and get advertising :) xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm just about to soak my feet in some epsom salts. I can barely walk they hurt so much.
Grrr!

We're really quiet this week and next week even though we've put offers out etc we were bombarded last week with waxing and nails everyone going away it is the 1st week of the summer hols people spending time going out with the kids and it's also cheaper for people to go away this week than it would be next week it will pick up soon xxx

I'm a hairdresser and the last couple of weeks has been really quiet. I have put discount offers in the window but nothing. I think it might be cus people are going on holiday and spending money on that also the kids have broken up from school. But although I worry I'm not busy now I know that in a couple of weeks I could be really busy again so make the most of a quiet week.

Have you any holiday offers on.Packages are good to do pick so many things for a set amount,mix and matching pointing out how much they will save.Do you rely too much on trade via the hairdressers and need to branch out more with your own advertising maybe.
As said pedis are the thing at the mo so definately plenty of promo for lovely looking feet and of course fingers to match.

Latest posts

Back