Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im starting level 2 beauty in september too i go to enrol tomorrow am super excited :D

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eeshhh maths is my worst nightmare :eek:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's most people's reaction, but one thing I've always been good with is numbers.

I was tempted to do something like a beginners manicure/pedicure course, just for my own enjoyment, because I like to learn, and to able to do just like friend's nails and stuff, but I can't find anything locally that doesn't have terrible reviews.

I felt like this when I started my level 2 beauty therapy :) don't worry they will sort everything out over the first couple of weeks, you most likely won't need your kit straightaway, I think I got mine the second week of the course.
A lot of colleges don't give the kit and stuff out till the course has actually started as some people sign up and run, them and the kit are never seen again :-/ so they may seem last minute but sometimes there is a reason :) I am starting my level 3 nail services in September, I can't wait!! :)

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I felt like this when I started my level 2 beauty therapy :) don't worry they will sort everything out over the first couple of weeks, you most likely won't need your kit straightaway, I think I got mine the second week of the course.
A lot of colleges don't give the kit and stuff out till the course has actually started as some people sign up and run, them and the kit are never seen again :-/ so they may seem last minute but sometimes there is a reason :) I am starting my level 3 nail services in September, I can't wait!! :)

Yeah im supposed to get my kit paid for but I have to pay and then I get the money back in October depending on attendance obviously so we dont get a free kit then not actually do the course! Does anyone know what sort of things are included in the kit for level 2?

I think the kit varies depending on your college, my kit included manicure tools, make up palette, make up brushes, tweezers, facial sponges, mask brush and towels xxx

I was due to start a beauty course and brought the kit a couple of years ago, from what I remember it included
Makeup kit and brushes
Pedicure equipment
Manicure equipment
A selection of polishes, a light pink, a french set and a dark polish
Makeup sponges
Facial sponges
Some plastic bottles and bowls
Disposable aprons
Disposable gloves
Waxing spatulas for eyebrows
Some plastic spatulas
Nail files
A bag
Tint kit
Barbicide jar
Eyelash extension kit
False eyelashes

Can't remember what else, I paid £160 I think but we had the kit half price through the college I looked at the dennis williams website and priced up each product and it was alot cheaper buying the college kit because they must of got a big discount

My hair kit this year was £140 but should of been almost double that

My lvl 2 beauty therapy kit contains
Individual lashes short and medium
Salon system student lash combi kit
Nail varnish, top coat,base coat, french pink, french white tip, red
White head band
Slanted tweezers
Mask brush
Cuticle knife
Cuticle nipper
Cellulose sponges
Disposable lip brushes
Plastic hoof stick
Disposable cuticle sticks
Nail buffer
Toe nail clippers
Straight nail scissors
Foot rasp
Plastic pallet
Clear spatula
Emery boards
Disposable mascara brushes
Pvc clear zip bag
Also had to buy a make up kit

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooo I cant wait to get my kit! The kit is about 130 I think and there an add on kit thats 30 im going to get it but no idea what it is mayb its the make up? Do you think ill have to get ny own bag to keep it all in or does it usually come with one?

Ooo I cant wait to get my kit! The kit is about 130 I think and there an add on kit thats 30 im going to get it but no idea what it is mayb its the make up? Do you think ill have to get ny own bag to keep it all in or does it usually come with one?

Wish my kit was that cheap mines 170 ha xx and last year when i tried to do the L2 beauty course the college kit came with a plain black case to carry all the equipment in, although most of the girls bought their own cases, my tutour wouldnt allow us to have those "air hostess type suitcases" for some reason, i think there reallly nice aswell :confused: x

Wish my kit was that cheap mines 170 ha xx and last year when i tried to do the L2 beauty course the college kit came with a plain black case to carry all the equipment in, although most of the girls bought their own cases, my tutour wouldnt allow us to have those "air hostess type suitcases" for some reason, i think there reallly nice aswell :confused: x

Oh I forgot about the book thats another 30 including my uniform it all comes ro around 200 I guess ill just see what bag it comes with x

I had my first day yesterday, was really good! I'm only in Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday so works out great for childcare. I'm really excited to get started :)

xXx-Charlene-xXx

I had my first day yesterday, was really good! I'm only in Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday so works out great for childcare. I'm really excited to get started :)

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Ahh how exciting :) what did you do or was it just settling in ect? Iv got my taster day on Tuesday :)

Just really settling and meeting everyone. Was really good can't wait until it starts properly :) xxxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Youv started really early my first days not untill the 12th September I think, im bored I wanna start already!

All our colleges start around the end of August in Scotland :) it'll fly in and you'll be there before you know it xxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

I start on 6/9 at a private academy. So completely excited just want to be qualified now! Xxx

I start on 6/9 at a private academy. So completely excited just want to be qualified now! Xxx

What course u doing? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hairdressing level 2 NVQ :-D

Hairdressing level 2 NVQ :-D

Ooh same I'm studying at a private college doing hairdressing level 2 :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv got my taster session in the morning hoping to get everything sorted out so I can order my kit and uniform! :) hows everyone else getting on? Not long till we start now!

Latest posts

Back