Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heey! Had my first day today! Really unsure about a lot of things :( stressing me out already before I even started agh ! :( xxx

Heey! Had my first day today! Really unsure about a lot of things :( stressing me out already before I even started agh ! :( xxx

Why what happened? :(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if I'm just over panicking which I probably am tbh but....
they cancelled our induction at last minute & I mean by email the night before it. When it was re-scheduled I missed it as I was busy in the salon. But today when I went in our kits haven't arrived yet, or our aprons which i'm not fussed about i was just excited to see what was in them lol! but then one of the girls mentioned that on the induction they were told for the body painting class we need to take our tops&bra's off for it :/ Which i am really really uncomfortable about my self esteem and confidence is low enough without having to do that :/ argh really putting me off going now :/ xxx

I don't know if I'm just over panicking which I probably am tbh but....
they cancelled our induction at last minute & I mean by email the night before it. When it was re-scheduled I missed it as I was busy in the salon. But today when I went in our kits haven't arrived yet, or our aprons which i'm not fussed about i was just excited to see what was in them lol! but then one of the girls mentioned that on the induction they were told for the body painting class we need to take our tops&bra's off for it :/ Which i am really really uncomfortable about my self esteem and confidence is low enough without having to do that :/ argh really putting me off going now :/ xxx

Oh how annoying :/ my college have been really unorganised aswel I havnt enrolled or ordered anything! As for taking your bra off you definitely dont have to do that if you dont want to! Im not really looking forward to getting my bikini waxed n stuff tbh! Dont let it put you off tho once you get all your stuff and its more organised itl be better and they definitely cant make you get compeltly naked! X

Yeah, ours seems to be mega unorganized but all our colleges in Glasgow have like merged together with other ones and stuff its all confusing.
Yeah I never enrolled on my course till last Friday when my start date was today, they don't have my bank details for my bursary payments or nothing lol!
Yeah that's what I was thinking they can't really force you into a situation where your mega uncomfortable! Yeah I wouldn't look forward to that either ha but I'd rather get my bikini waxed in college than get my top off hahaha.
Yeah I think im just mega stressing i'll speak to them on Wednesday
xxxx

Well it looks like I may have to put my enrolment back a year, I might have to miss 6 weeks of college for an operation for my arm and shoulder
I will miss too much time at college to pass as my attendance will be too low and I will miss so much time

I'll see what the hospital say today but it doesn't look like I shall be able to do it this year :(

Well it looks like I may have to put my enrolment back a year, I might have to miss 6 weeks of college for an operation for my arm and shoulder
I will miss too much time at college to pass as my attendance will be too low and I will miss so much time

I'll see what the hospital say today but it doesn't look like I shall be able to do it this year :(

Oh no thats really bad :(

I just had my taster day didnt end up doing nails or anything practical! I enroled got my college card and got all my kit lists so im going to order them straight away my uniform is absolutely hideous! !! Like navy blue and the trousers are like huge flares really ugly! :( my start date is 11th September and were doing facials First x

I start my college course in September 11th and doing level 3 hairdressing. I am happy to carry on learning but I just don't like the waiting. Not to sound like a diva! But being in a salon as a junior has made me want to be in the hair environment a lot. I just want to get my logbook and start doing the questions and test. That way I can do more practical. Like last year everything was not organised especially are kits and client bookings.

I've just been and collected my Level 2 Beauty certificates this morning :biggrin:

Starting my Level 3 on the 10th September :)

I start my college course in September 11th and doing level 3 hairdressing. I am happy to carry on learning but I just don't like the waiting. Not to sound like a diva! But being in a salon as a junior has made me want to be in the hair environment a lot. I just want to get my logbook and start doing the questions and test. That way I can do more practical. Like last year everything was not organised especially are kits and client bookings.

Yeah I no exactly what you mean im the same im a fast learner and just want to get on with things today we were given a sheet of rules ect and they literally spent like an hour reading out the sheet I was like arggg I could have read this in 2 seconds its really not that complicated!

Just ordered my kit (no idea whats in it) ordered a separate kit for facials wich is eve Taylor and ordered my uniform, they didnt have uniform to try on wich was annoying so iv basically had to guess what size to buy im an 8 but they said they came up small so I ordered a 10 so im hoping its not huge on me!

ive just been into college this morning, :) had my interview and enrol and take initial assesments tomorow :lol: and i officially start college in 2 weeks soo excited! :) need to now order uniform (£45) and kit (£180) ASAP, .. although i was quite annoyed at the woman doing the interviews, she said as "our group" are late getting on the course she said that we were all late commers to the interview proccess of the course, and that usually if your applying so late you wont stick the course out and are doing beauty as theres nothing else to do, :evil: i soon put her right told her im already in industry workin for free and that i wasnt aware i had even applied late, anyway role on tomorow :green:

Stephanie I understand with the health and safety, when I started my level 2 it took over a week to complete our health and safety. All are units confused us because when people thought they finished a unit we hadn't; myself included. Learning from last year I created a to do list which help amazingly plus having a friend who was qualified in her level 2 helped alot too. Waiting for my kit tuck a long time to arrive. No lie! But because I was doing barbering as well I had male heads as well as female heads. Then the combs and scissors. A must!!!! be careful leaving your bag unattended I learnt that the hard way. I left my kit and loads of stuff went missing combs,clips,bobbles and even my scissors. I always keep my eye on my bag from now on.

Starbucks I've been there, teachers think because they are at the top of their game. They can put you in your place. I myself in a hairdressing salon and have learnt it is completely different. As long as your passionate you will go far ☺️

Stephanie I understand with the health and safety, when I started my level 2 it took over a week to complete our health and safety. All are units confused us because when people thought they finished a unit we hadn't; myself included. Learning from last year I created a to do list which help amazingly plus having a friend who was qualified in her level 2 helped alot too. Waiting for my kit tuck a long time to arrive. No lie! But because I was doing barbering as well I had male heads as well as female heads. Then the combs and scissors. A must!!!! be careful leaving your bag unattended I learnt that the hard way. I left my kit and loads of stuff went missing combs,clips,bobbles and even my scissors. I always keep my eye on my bag from now on.
Same happened in my college with my kit, you leave it for 2 seconds and its GONE forever. Lol, I put diamontie's on everything! covered my kit bag, every part of my brushes, clips, scissor case with my name the lot! & I'm gonna do the same with my make up kit this time as well, always mark stuff :) xx

Same happened in my college with my kit, you leave it for 2 seconds and its GONE forever. Lol, I put diamontie's on everything! covered my kit bag, every part of my brushes, clips, scissor case with my name the lot! & I'm gonna do the same with my make up kit this time as well, always mark stuff :) xx

Whats the best way to label your stuff so it doesnt get mixed up surely stickers would just come off when you clean things? Im not lending my stuff out cos you dont get it back!

Been to the hospital today and definitely can't start college this year, they are sending me for surgery and operating on my elbow so will be out of action for a while and will take about 3 months to heal, I don't want to spend the best part of £1500 on my course to have to miss so much if it and can't put off the surgery as it will only get worse

Hope the surgery works and the year rolls round quick, I've waited a couple of years to start this course and now I was all set too go I can't :(

Been to the hospital today and definitely can't start college this year, they are sending me for surgery and operating on my elbow so will be out of action for a while and will take about 3 months to heal, I don't want to spend the best part of £1500 on my course to have to miss so much if it and can't put off the surgery as it will only get worse

Hope the surgery works and the year rolls round quick, I've waited a couple of years to start this course and now I was all set too go I can't :(

Aw im sorry :( at least you found out before you spent all that money and everything I hope your surgery goes well x

I've just been and collected my Level 2 Beauty certificates this morning :biggrin:

Starting my Level 3 on the 10th September :)

noticed you're from the Midlands. What college are you studying at?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back