Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw im sorry :( at least you found out before you spent all that money and everything I hope your surgery goes well x
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks, yes I was due to enrol tomorrow and would of paid my fees, so the hospital appointment today worked out well I guess!

noticed you're from the Midlands. What college are you studying at?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm at the East Midlands College of Health and Beauty in Derby :)
Whereabouts are you?

Whats the best way to label your stuff so it doesnt get mixed up surely stickers would just come off when you clean things? Im not lending my stuff out cos you dont get it back!

Not the best picture, And my bag has lost a lot of diamonds had fell off, thats what I did with every brush, comb, and my scissor case i put my name on it with them :) xxxx
10570413_283063748553169_4730980025413802500_n.jpg

Not the best picture, And my bag has lost a lot of diamonds had fell off, thats what I did with every brush, comb, and my scissor case i put my name on it with them :) xxxx
10570413_283063748553169_4730980025413802500_n.jpg

Oo pretty what sort of glue did you use for the diamonds?

Oo pretty what sort of glue did you use for the diamonds?

Pretty sure it was super glue was probs best to get fabric glue maybe, and just ordered bunch of diamonds off ebay for like a couple of pound if that xxx

I'm at the East Midlands College of Health and Beauty in Derby :)
Whereabouts are you?

Oooh wow me too :) starting my level 2 there on wed 10th September.did my level 2 beautu there 7 yrs ago and not much has changed to be honest. Loving the nee hair room though . can't wait till I start :) will probably see u there then? What days are u doing? X

Today I spent 5 hours in a queue to finish my enrollment & apply for hardship fund :thumbdown: thats the longest ive ever waited in a queue for anything !x

Thanks, yes I was due to enrol tomorrow and would of paid my fees, so the hospital appointment today worked out well I guess!

Hope you heal well.. And the year goes fast so you can get started xx

I am starting hairdressing on the 8th of September can't wait :D x

Today I spent 5 hours in a queue to finish my enrollment & apply for hardship fund :thumbdown: thats the longest ive ever waited in a queue for anything !x

OMG hahah 5hours is way too long, i enrolled on my beauty course yesterday and had to wait in queue for only over an hour it was manic everywhere! but glad thats me oficially on the course, i start on the 9th Sept 11 till 5 :D:D reall scared thou as have only ordered my uniform today and havent even got the money to buy the kit and iv just over a week before course begins

OMG hahah 5hours is way too long, i enrolled on my beauty course yesterday and had to wait in queue for only over an hour it was manic everywhere! but glad thats me oficially on the course, i start on the 9th Sept 11 till 5 :D:D reall scared thou as have only ordered my uniform today and havent even got the money to buy the kit and iv just over a week before course begins

When are you going to be able to order your kit? I got a message saying my facial kit is getting delivered tomorrow yay not sure when the rest is coming x

When are you going to be able to order your kit? I got a message saying my facial kit is getting delivered tomorrow yay not sure when the rest is coming x

I dont know its so scary ha, iv had to even borrow the money for the uniform 50pound bought that today, my kit is 150 aswell and i just dont have the money at the minute :suprised: Ive applied for the bursary so hopefully will get help with paying it, and my study book i managed to buy from ebay x so did u order 2 separate kits? x bet your excited waiting for it i know i would be is like christams ha! :D im also debating if to buy a posh beauty case for my equipment..hmmm

I have just been to my college induction for HNC hairdressing and for some reason have gone into a complete downer!!! For the most recent years I have always been mobile and went along at my own pace. I was really looking forward to HNC as I would like to go into teaching. It is a requirement to be in a salon at least one day a week and the course is only 2 days a week. I haven't worked in a salon for years and the thought of it is making me ill. I'm looking for reasons not to do it now which I know I'll regret, everything from having to put the dog into doggy day care to the kids being ill to travelling so long on the bus! Am I going nuts??? I think the long and short of it is I'm lacking confidence in my abilities in a salon environment and having worked on my own for so long. My 17year old daughter has just started an apprenticeship in a hair salon and I want to do everything I can to help and encourage her. Anyone else felt like this before? HELP!!!

I dont know its so scary ha, iv had to even borrow the money for the uniform 50pound bought that today, my kit is 150 aswell and i just dont have the money at the minute :suprised: Ive applied for the bursary so hopefully will get help with paying it, and my study book i managed to buy from ebay x so did u order 2 separate kits? x bet your excited waiting for it i know i would be is like christams ha! :D im also debating if to buy a posh beauty case for my equipment..hmmm

Ah I only have the money because I took it out of my savings! Im also getting the money back but apparently not until October! I ordered my normal kit wich i have no idea whats in that one then we had to order a separate facial kit im going to see what bag or case comes with the kit but ill probably buy a nice one x

I have just been to my college induction for HNC hairdressing and for some reason have gone into a complete downer!!! For the most recent years I have always been mobile and went along at my own pace. I was really looking forward to HNC as I would like to go into teaching. It is a requirement to be in a salon at least one day a week and the course is only 2 days a week. I haven't worked in a salon for years and the thought of it is making me ill. I'm looking for reasons not to do it now which I know I'll regret, everything from having to put the dog into doggy day care to the kids being ill to travelling so long on the bus! Am I going nuts??? I think the long and short of it is I'm lacking confidence in my abilities in a salon environment and having worked on my own for so long. My 17year old daughter has just started an apprenticeship in a hair salon and I want to do everything I can to help and encourage her. Anyone else felt like this before? HELP!!!

If your lacking condifence in the salon you should definitely do it and then you will be confident! The more we can learn the better but I know exactly how you feel I used to do body piercing and there were some piercings I was really scared to do and not confident in yet so I used to avoid doing them! My mum said to me theres no point doing loads of the piercings your really good at and avoiding the ones your bad at, its kinda the same thing if theres something you dont like doing or feel unconfident in you try to avoid doing it when really you should do it even more so you do get confident in it! That probably made no sense but I no what I mean haha:rolleyes:

is the thought of going back to work in a salon makin you ill cause of a bad experience, or just because you lack confidence? If its the confidence then youl gain that, im a really nervous person and worry so much about confidence etc as i dont have any atalll! but youl start to enjoy and gain practice once your in the industry. you sound so like me as i really want to work in holisitcs and within spa environment, but i already work a saturday at a local salon (just a saturday girl) i think you should continue on with starting the HNC as its only the beginning of the course, you could see how you get on, you might feel alot happier once your on it and involved, sometimes the thought of doing something is alot worse then when your there doing it if you get what i mean, with my salon job for example, i hate the thought of going and want to make excuses etc but once im in work i enjoy it x You say youl regret not doing it i think you should try give it a go as you sound so keen to get into teaching, and when you think negative thoughts about lacking confidence, the kids etc, the bus try to block them out of your mind and not think about it and give the course a go, if you end up hating it atleast you will have tried, Hope this helps, xx

My facial kit is getting delivered soon im excited :D

My facial kit is getting delivered soon im excited :D

It just came it looks really nice and professional but I dont like the smell of the products! Some of them are lavender which just makes me think of old people for some reason! :/

My uniform just came too wasnt expecting it to come so fast! I realllly dunno what to do about the size I got a 10 it fits okay but I think I could have done with an 8 not sure whether it looks to big so I dunno whether to send it back and get a 8?

My uniform just came too wasnt expecting it to come so fast! I realllly dunno what to do about the size I got a 10 it fits okay but I think I could have done with an 8 not sure whether it looks to big so I dunno whether to send it back and get a 8?

are you usually a size 8? if so then a 10 should be fine, last year our course tutors told us to get a bigger size up then what you would usually buy as youl be bending down doing pedicures/moving arms alot so they need to have room if you get me xx unless it really does look to big x

Latest posts

Back