Is he your "type"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickle

Reaction score
After looking at the post about who you had on your wall when you were younger, it got me wondering....who has ended up with "your type"? When I was much younger I loved Matt Goss (blonde, blue eyed ect...) but my husband has dark hair. I have always gone for dark haired men from my 20's but never liked chest hair and other things but love all these things about my hubby......I think he is actually my perfect man.

Who did you end up with?

Pickle said:
After looking at the post about who you had on your wall when you were younger, it got me wondering....who has ended up with "your type"? When I was much younger I loved Matt Goss (blonde, blue eyed ect...) but my husband has dark hair. I have always gone for dark haired men from my 20's but never liked chest hair and other things but love all these things about my hubby......I think he is actually my perfect man.

Who did you end up with?

I'm a Chinese. Before I came to the UK, my friends joked with me saying:'oh well, when u get there u might get yourself an English man', and I always say to them 'no way, I only will marry Chinese, it will be too hard for me to communicate with Englishman'. But, look, in the end I really married an Englishman, and he's defo my type and my pefect man, we fall in love at first sight!!

when I was younger I tended to lean more towards the dark hair / dark eyes........and was that way until my 30's but after I got divorced I thought that maybe if I went the opposite of what I was usually attracted to I would get a different type of guy .....well I did blond hair/ blue eyes......he may look different but in many ways he is the exact same 'type' of guy....personallity wise......only difference here ......is that opposed to my other men .....he treats me with respect and genuinely loves me .....

I used to always say I wanted a husband with dark hair, green eyes and a few years older than me, as I liked mature men.
My husband has, o.k the dark hair, brown eyes, and is just 1 year older than me. The good thing is his hair is greying round the ears and he acts maturer, and always has done. Just my type, except for the eyes, still lovely though. I would'nt have him any other way.

Well my mum always say I should marry a Chinese fella etc but I didn't!! I married my Daryn and he's Jewish! lol He has dark brown hair with brown eyes!!

I fancied the typical tall, dark and handsom when I was younger.
My guy.... I fell in love because of his character. My god we can laugh for hours. Really bounce of eachother ya know?
I think this means more than good looks. He isnt a minger though, just not what I thought was my 'type'! lol
xx

When I was young my perfect guy would have been Jonny Depp looking (still is in my dreams) but after going out with a great looking reserve footie player for a well known club a "model/actor" and a singer all older than me in my 20's I decided never to go with a steryo type again they all spent more time in the mirror than me and played up to all the female attention they got all the time even when I was with them and had such big heads (all I met on the club scene). Now I would go for a guy that makes me laugh respects me and doesn't hog the bathroom, lol, surfice to say I found all thoes things in my husband he is still older than me but is a real gentlemen.

my type of bloke...the aussie or newquay blonde messed up hair, wooden bead wearer, flip flops cropped combats and camper van kind of bloke.....with a surf board......yummy...

hmmm well my type is the tall rough and ready tousled hair, stubble (cant bear(sp) clean shaven guys), callused hands..yummy, dark haired, bright blue eyes.... and thats what I got. (only less hair now) :eek:

Have never been one for blondes or fairer hair, although nothing against them, they are just not for me. Being 5"7 my ideal man would always always always have to be taller than me and be strong enough to pick me up :lol: :o (luckily mine is)

I always like the idea that 'should' I need to be carried or looked after he could do it, but I am fine and can look after myself pretty well.. :lol:

Funny thing though, hubby kinda likes busty women..which I am not really (more since having the kids) well basically on our first intimate night I was wearing a wonder bra.... shock horror I was not all I cracked up to be.. :lol: :green:

I always liked blokes with dark spikey hair and green eyes. My chap is a blondey, however, I have now managed to get him to spike his hair a bit and he does have the green eyes so I'm halfway there!! I love him to bits, I love the fact that I can look like crap and he still fancies me, that he treats me so well and that he puts up with my moods. He's the best - all I could ever want... (Unless Robbie Williams came aknocking - then I might be forced to have an affair!)

i like tall guys like the basketball player type
i like carribean men i fall for braids ands dreads
but i m kinda picky it has always been like that since i m 16 or 17
before i used to like the blonde surfer type to do like all my classmates
hooefully i never got one so i didn t make the mystake to date a guy because he was fitting the trend of the moment funny how we can be silly at 14/15 years old

*JOANNE* said:
my type of bloke...the aussie or newquay blonde messed up hair, wooden bead wearer, flip flops cropped combats and camper van kind of bloke.....with a surf board......yummy...

Oh Boy, would you love it here! :eek::eek::eek::eek: (this is Joanne looking at all the hunks!!) lol

Those guys are everywhere and I love em, but I ended up with an Irish Man, born in Belfast. A bit rough on the outside, tatts, goatie, shaved head, (as in tough) but the most romantic/sweet/sexy guy ever, mmmmmm.

Helbel030 said:
I always liked blokes with dark spikey hair and green eyes. My chap is a blondey, however, I have now managed to get him to spike his hair a bit and he does have the green eyes so I'm halfway there!! I love him to bits, I love the fact that I can look like crap and he still fancies me, that he treats me so well and that he puts up with my moods. He's the best - all I could ever want... (Unless Robbie Williams came aknocking - then I might be forced to have an affair!)

You would love my hubby then. He has very dark spikey hair, striking green eyes and a very defined jaw. People say he looks quite like Jude law.:Grope:

lovenails1 said:
Oh Boy, would you love it here! :eek::eek::eek::eek: (this is Joanne looking at all the hunks!!) lol

QUOTE]
send some over here :wink2: :Grope:

*JOANNE* said:
lovenails1 said:

QUOTE]
send some over here :wink2: :Grope:

Don't forget me!:lol:

I dont think I ever had a type!! I like 'em all!!! :lol: If they are strong and masculine and smart and have a love of woman.

I married my husband 25 years ago on the 20th of this month!! Where has the time flown?? He was the best and he still is. Wonderful husband and father, grandfather and mate! :hug: Here he is with my grandson.

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 35
Sorry I got so excited at the surfers I forgot to give my reply! Sawyer from Lost is my type but I ended up with a 17 stone, bald headed bodybuilder.
I'm still trying to figure out how it happened:lol:

:lol: i always went for a certain type of bloke when i was younger , ie. shaved head, tattoos, scary looking :lol: they had to wear good shoes and wear boxers ! dumped a guy coz he wore undies :lol:
well how i ended up with dave god only knows coz he (had) hair , green eyes (which i love) but wasnt a very fashionable type of bloke he wasnt awful but just not my type, he wore horrible shoes:lol: , and didnt have a tattoo in sight (am still working on him getting one )
weird how you can end up with the total opposite of what you always went for :lol:

geeg said:
I married my husband 25 years ago on the 20th of this month!!

That's my Husbands birthday, we will raise a glass to your anniversary when we're out having dinner :hug:

As for my type, blimey my husband couldn't be more opposite :lol:

I've always gone for younger, pretty boys, almost bouncer types, you know the ones 'I'm not very bright but I look good' :lol:

Husband looks older than me, not what you would class as a pretty boy, and certainly no boy, he's a Sergeant Major in the TA and a real mans man. It's like Fate decided to have a laugh with me. He's fab and I wouldn't change him for all the toffee in the world :Love:

"weird how you can end up with the total opposite of what you always went for "

hmmm maybe I am the weird one then...cos my bloke is exactly what I went for.. LOL,

still laughing at Judy wondering what happened... :hug:

Latest posts

Back