is it wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsFrmHeaven

Reaction score
Im sooo sick of doing my own nails i mean dont get me wrong when ive got the time i enjoy it but i havent got much spare time to do them . I have been thinking about going to another tech for my nails done do you think this is OK? x:green:

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Im sooo sick of doing my own nails i mean dont get me wrong when ive got the time i enjoy it but i havent got much spare time to do them . I have been thinking about going to another tech for my nails done do you think this is OK? x:green:
Hi Nails,can I ask you question????? You only joined in Feb and you already have 974 posts,probably more by the time this post goes out.Not being nasty but are you trying for some record or something?????

BABSann said:
Hi Nails,can I ask you question????? You only joined in Feb and you already have 974 posts,probably more by the time this post goes out.Not being nasty but are you trying for some record or something?????

obviously just a chatty gal....some people are chattier than others. x

Bagpuss said:
obviously just a chatty gal....some people are chattier than others. x
She's lovely no mistaking,just wondered that's all.I think Nails is a breath of fresh air.Not a nasty bone in her from what I have seen.:hug:

NailsFrmHeaven said:
I know what you mean. I have quite alot of hard skin on my feet I should be doing something about, but never get round to it.
In answer to your question, it's nice to have someone pamper you and not have to clean up the mess afterwards, however your nails are your adverts.
You cant claim there your work and people might wonder why you dont do it yourself.
Maybe do them yourself and every now and again treat yourself.

Do you know any geeks/techs round your area? Maybe you can exchange treatments? You do theirs, they do yours or whatever?

I know what you mean though. Its a pleasure to do other people's nails and an inconvenience to do your own.

Make that special effort.Think of something really nice and find time to do your own...:hug:

I have had my nails done by other techs quite a few times, i tend to go to techs who are you using the same system/products as me that way i can learn ( or learn not what to do lol) It can be a educating visit.

But No its not wrong at all honey, some peeps just cant do their own nails.

I understand what you are saying perfectly. I get a bit tired of doing my nails and sometimes there is just no time. But a client will always like to see your own worki in "living colour" as it were.

i do get fed up sometimes doing my own nails..for the simple reason...that sometimes i am to busy but...it is our best advertising feature and one which people see.....its a walking advert for our selves
but like everyone else it is nice every so often and treating yourself to a pamper every now and again...nothing wrong with that.

I have started doing my own nails with Brisa gel. It is so much easier than doing L&P on my own. :) And I dont need to fiddle with them all the time as they are still perfect after doing clients - they arent affected by the acetone or scrubfresh etc. I still file off the corners though. :irked:

My clients always seem to want what I am wearing, so I wouldnt really wear other nail techs work. JMHO

Cheers Julie

BABSann said:
Hiya hun, no im not going for any record im am just mega chatty you should see my phone bill lol x:green:

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Hiya hun, no im not going for any record im am just mega chatty you should see my phone bill lol x:green:
Bit like me then,LOL.was a bit drunk last night and was waffling on,just ignore me chuck.:hug:

BABSann said:
Bit like me then,LOL.was a bit drunk last night and was waffling on,just ignore me chuck.:hug:
Lol its fine hun i took no offence, its the story of my life lol xx:hug:

I had my nails done by another tech as it would take me too long to do my own and I needed the time out for ME. Nothing wrong with that! We all need a little pamper time for ourselves.

I think it's fine to let someone else pamper you !
I am a hairdresser as well, and the only time i get pampered is when i get waxed lol,hardly pampering is it ?
The only problem with having someone else do your nails is that it's not a great idea as far as advertsing goes,is it ?
Hth you chatty geek lmao x x x x

becki x said:
I think it's fine to let someone else pamper you !
I am a hairdresser as well, and the only time i get pampered is when i get waxed lol,hardly pampering is it ?
The only problem with having someone else do your nails is that it's not a great idea as far as advertsing goes,is it ?
Hth you chatty geek lmao x x x x
Lol thanks guys your all soooo helpfull thats why ive got so many posts lol i didnt even notice how much id posted lol id better stop for a while xx

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Lol thanks guys your all soooo helpfull thats why ive got so many posts lol i didnt even notice how much id posted lol id better stop for a while xx

Don't stop hun :hug: that's what this site is for x x x x

I think doing own nails is an excellent way of advertising your work but its nice to be pampered and let someone else do them.Trouble is I would now be very,very careful who I let touch my nails.I dont think I could keep my mouth shut if they did something I knew to be harmful to my own nails.I also think its a great way of picking up ideas when watching someone else do your nails,especially if that someone is a Master nail tech.

BABSann said:
I think doing own nails is an excellent way of advertising your work but its nice to be pampered and let someone else do them.Trouble is I would now be very,very careful who I let touch my nails.I dont think I could keep my mouth shut if they did something I knew to be harmful to my own nails.I also think its a great way of picking up ideas when watching someone else do your nails,especially if that someone is a Master nail tech.
I agree hun thats what im worried about i wont b able to keep my mouth shut if they were doing anything that i thought wasnt right lol x:green:

NailsFrmHeaven said:
I agree hun thats what im worried about i wont b able to keep my mouth shut if they were doing anything that i thought wasnt right lol x:green:

Why not ask on here,or have a look in a few peeps profiles for recomendations ?
Just a suggestion,but geeks are better than the rest pmsl x

Latest posts

Back