ITV series wants you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlivMann

Reaction score

In the UK?
ITV is looking for up-front and witty hairdressers, stylists and beauticians
with lots of experience in the industry to spill the beans on their jobs both past and present.
If you have a funny or an outrageous story to tell about your working life,
we want to hear from you!
‘Trade secrets’ that make your job easier, treatments that averted disaster,
small talk with clients that took a racy turn – we’d love to hear it all.
Spill the beans to [email protected]
or call 0207 633 2838 for a chat
(Don't reply to this post as i won't be checking it regularly!)

This is actually cool for anyone wanting to share their funny stories. Shame Nail Zoo isn't in the UK :lol: but it could still be fun to share your stories. I wish with all my heart they would do something on nails only and make it serious but fun so we could educate the public!!

Someone out there must have amusing anecdotes!! :!:

I got the call yesterday ...still making up my mind about this... I got till Thursday to think about it lol....
Well I am still thinking lol ????
She wants to hear about salon disaster that I got away with..... Not sure if I want my clients to know this lol..... it is on prime time ITV, I may never work again lol....

Actually I got the call yesterday ...still making up my mind about this... I got till Thursday to think about it lol....
Well I am still thinking lol ????

Kind of a catch 22 hey Ruthie! You don't want to look an idiot... OMG we're back to that:eek: maybe we shouldn't think about this after all!!

I think the problem with this kind of thing is you never know how it will be edited and it could end up making nail techs look stupid and this is not what we want :confused:

Yep thats what I am thinking, and yes it may be a bit of fun to do, but will it bring us across as nail filing bimbos, who dont care what they get away with...Now personaly I don't take myself that serious, but I do take my job serious....and my luck I would end up on crime watch after this.

Nope thought about it and nope not gonna do it.... but hey I will offer to work behind the set and do everybody's nails lol.....

Yep thats what I am thinking, and yes it may be a bit of fun to do, but will it bring us across as nail filing bimbos, who dont care what they get away with...
Nope thought about it and nope not gonna do it.... but hey I will offer to work behind the set and do everybody's nails lol.....

there you go girl!!! :hug:

Fair play, that's what I thought when I saw it....diss the dirt on our clients, kiss and tell about faux pas we've made....no chance lol...not professional!

yep, next thing you know you and your and salon could be all over a tabloid!!

could be a client confidentiality problem here.

hiya i also think the stories we get told kinda make our job worth while as some oare sad some are hilairious and we help people hugely just by listenin and so if we start spillin our clients won't feel like they can trust us!

Hi guys update, spoke to Oliver himself today.... he understood my reasons for declining the invitation, bless him, but I did offer my services behind the scenes.... but he is still looking for willing Technicians, so if you think you would like to give it a bash, then email him....
Shame the series isn't about how fab Nail Technicians can be, I would have been there at the drop of a hat or nailfile......

Hey what about a Hell's Nail Salon....you know the Gordon Ramsey of the nail world .. now that would be fun..... the battle of the Techs, the grand price could be a kick butt Nail Salon for you to run.... Now thats something I for one would go for lol.....
Gigi would be a fab choice for the Role of the Grand Master in the Hell's Nail Salon.....
She would be just so brill to watch....Gigi what you think to that Huni xxx

Hell's nail salon? I am starting to feel mine is like that now :eek: :lol:

When is the programme aired though, would like to watch it!

Beware Geeks!!

The only good stories for this will be the 'horrors'! No one will have editorial control and no one will look good!

I got a call from this at the beginning of the year (funnily enough whan I was visiting Geeg in Spain) They did not get a call back. How can nice stories of happy techs, happy clients getting beautiful nails make good TV?????

You will look stupid or your client will. Hmmmmm!

Beware Geeks!!

The only good stories for this will be the 'horrors'! No one will have editorial control and no one will look good!

I got a call from this at the beginning of the year (funnily enough whan I was visiting Geeg in Spain) They did not get a call back. How can nice stories of happy techs, happy clients getting beautiful nails make good TV?????

You will look stupid or your client will. Hmmmmm!

I totally agrre with Mum on this!

The only way it will be portrayed is as bad techs, spilling the beans on our clients??? Yes i don't want to work again or have any clients!

Do they honestly think we, as professionals, would want to do such a thing and be portrayed on national prime time tv?

Deeerrr! I don't think so.

Having read some of my Salon Secrets articles, (not that other one) Oliver rang me because he was interested and amused, and after quite a long conversation where I was quite blatently being probed for specific information - which of course I refused point blank to give - I began to feel distinctly uneasy and said so.

When I made the point to him that it would be showing the general public techs in a bad light, I was basically told that it "made good telly" and that representing us as professionals would not.

To be honest, I was not aware that anyone else had spoken with him until someone mentioned it and asked me to check out the posts on this thread, but obviously I had already reached the same conclusion as most - one to be avoided. Let them make fun of the several other professions they are filming. (I was told it was a sort of Alan Bennett "Talking Heads" scenario)

Thanks for alerting us Sue x

i totally agree with all not to do this, and would be unprofessional to do so.
ive seen on advert a programme which will be aired this monday 16th october at 11pm on Channel 5. its called TRUST ME, IM A BEAUTICIAN. the ad shows celebs doing beauty treatments. lets see how it portraits beauticians services.

Trust Me I'm a Beauty Therapist (Reality Show)
Time - 23:00 - 23:45 (45 minutes long)
When - Monday 16th October on five
New series in which eight celebrities train and work as hairdressers and beauty therapists. They're thrown in at the deep end with a 'back, sack and crack', and there is a series of hair disasters and a lesson in personal hygiene. Featuring glamour girl Michelle Marsh, rock queen Suzi Quatro, child prodigy Lauren Harries, sun journalist Sharon Marshall, ex-Hear'Say band member Danny Foster, comic Stan Boardman, actor John Alford and socialite Oscar Humphries, son of Barry Humphries.

i totally agree with all not to do this, and would be unprofessional to do so.
ive seen on advert a programme which will be aired this monday 16th october at 11pm on Channel 5. its called TRUST ME, IM A BEAUTICIAN. the ad shows celebs doing beauty treatments. lets see how it portraits beauticians services.

Trust Me I'm a Beauty Therapist (Reality Show)
Time - 23:00 - 23:45 (45 minutes long)
When - Monday 16th October on five
New series in which eight celebrities train and work as hairdressers and beauty therapists. They're thrown in at the deep end with a 'back, sack and crack', and there is a series of hair disasters and a lesson in personal hygiene. Featuring glamour girl Michelle Marsh, rock queen Suzi Quatro, child prodigy Lauren Harries, sun journalist Sharon Marshall, ex-Hear'Say band member Danny Foster, comic Stan Boardman, actor John Alford and socialite Oscar Humphries, son of Barry Humphries.

I watched about 10mins of this show! was so boring! i didnt never know what it was about, i was channel hopping, but I watched someone filing a clients toe nails... all i can say is that it looked like he was hurting her!

i think a conspiracy of silence is the best approach on this one.
if we all stick together on this and keep our gobs shut it will be harder for them to make us as a profession look bad.

maybe they should go to jade goody and ask her for her own salon stories.
or maybe thats already been done, idont know coz i rarely see any tv.

Latest posts

Back