Jessica Polish/Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Has anyone used Jessica polishes and if so what are they like?

Do they last?

Have seen a pedicure done in the polish and the woman told me that it had been on for at least 8 weeks without a chip etc...

Does anyone know where I can get these from? and where to do the training and if anyone has done the training I'd like to hear what you think.

Hi Sarah,

I am shocked this lady had the polish lasting so long ! Both places i used to work at used Jessica & it always seemed to peel off in one after a bath or shower, the longest it seemed to last without a single chip was about 2/3 days but apart from the polish the training & products were brilliant i can't rate them highly enough.

I did my training at their head office in Derby but i assume they have nationwide centres. The minimum order used to be very high (about £1000) I believe but this may have changed.

I will just chk the website....

cheers honey x I'll take a peek.

I did the Jessica training several years ago as I wanted to concentrate on natural nails. I found the varnishes gave a lovely finish - but they took forever to dry - they did have a tendency to go gloopy too. I also was put off slightly by the different number of basecoats for this that and the other type of nails and they kept bringing out new ones. I also was torn because they have a product called "after acrylic nails" to repair the damage done - how could I hand on heart say to clients that acrylic nails did not damage your nails if I also had this product on my shelf LOL.

As a using line, it was quite good but as a retailing line IMO it was awful as my clients would just not pay the prices, especially when maybe the next month there seemed to be a new and better one LOL.

I think there are lots of comparable lines out there - they are no longer the be all and end all of natural nail care.

There have been a few threads about Jessica on here, search and read some more.

We used Jessica in the salon I used to work in and I found they went very gloopy in a short amount of time.They are a well know brand and we would have clients come into the salon purely on the basis that they saw we did Jessic manicures.Anyway,in the salon I work in now we use OPI and Nailtiques.Nailtiques are fantastic for nail problems and give excellent results.The OPI is in my opinion just as good as Jessica.Their polish lasts and I have ladies that come back after a month of having their pedicures with no chips,just regrowth at the cuticle area.They have lots of fabby colours with very unusual names, but have got a nasty habit of discontinuing some of them which can be annoying if its popular.I know other companies do this as well so not a lot to be done about that.HTH

thanks girlies your advice has been really helpful. Do I have to place a large order with OPI?

thanks girlies your advice has been really helpful. Do I have to place a large order with OPI?
You can either buy OPI from Sally's or have a rep visit you.Not sure about minimum order wouldn't think very much as you can buy from wholesales.They also do products for nail problems called Nail Envy.Excellent products as well.HTH

The minimum order for opi used to be about £50 not so long ago. I love these polishes, but my only bugbear is that they sell it on qvc!! In my opinion, it somehow takes away the "professionalism" of the product. I understand that this is probably just my snobby view, but I do find it a let down. Having said that I do use OPI, Orly and Essie in my treatments and LOVE them. Lena White ltd is the opi distributor for uk. Hth:)

The minimum order for opi used to be about £50 not so long ago. I love these polishes, but my only bugbear is that they sell it on qvc!! In my opinion, it somehow takes away the "professionalism" of the product. I understand that this is probably just my snobby view, but I do find it a let down. Having said that I do use OPI, Orly and Essie in my treatments and LOVE them. Lena White ltd is the opi distributor for uk. Hth:)
I know what you mean about QVC however I am sure they only sell the discontinued colours.One of my clients is always telling me about what different colours she has brought from there and they do seem to be the ones discontinued.It is a pain but hey,you can buy St Tropez in Asda or Boots you can buy Nailtiques from Boots,(only saw it once and was flabberghasted)It's unfair that the companies allow this to happen but in all honesty I wouldn't want to buy a polish from TV,I wouldn't be able to really see what colour it was.:eek: xx

Yes - the fact clients can by certain ranges from other sources do annoy me.

I now make the exclusive to salon on of my main reasons for using new products.

i have some jessica polish's they have some nice colours but i dont think anyones ive known have lasted 8 weeks!

i use creative, opi and toma polish are nice too

Hi sarah I have trained at the natural nail company in borehamwood. I think the jessica polishes are fantastic as i do with all their treatments. I find the polishes don't chip especially on the toes. I love their top coat "brilliance" it gives a high shine and seals in the colour. I get my products from this company... they are actually in america and it costs £3.75 postage and it doesn't matter how much you order and you get a freebie too. The website is www.Beverlybeaute.com The polishes cost £4 each and the nail treatments cost from £6. theres all sorts on that site. You can buy OPI, ESSIE.

Hope this helps you.

P.S delivery is a week but its worth the wait and your pocket too.
Cheryl xx

wow Cheryl thank you for that link sounds great might give it a look.

At the moment I mainly use Creative but I do have some Orly, Toma (absolutely love) and a few others.

Just wanted to see if it was worth all the money on training but if some of you say that they don't really last for 8 weeks then I'm not sure.

At the moment I have calgel on my toes and it's been on longer than 8 weeks and still looks fantastic. So I may just stick to that for a while.

Thank you all once again.

Latest posts

Back