Jinx Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly190

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone used the jinx nails and if so are they any good? Also how do u apply them is it infa red aswell.

Thanks

Hi kelly never heared of them and the name is just a copy of minx,,,blinx , kinx, jinx, winx, all just copys of Minx.

In my personal opinion I can get if I am having a good day 3 sets of minx out of one sheet, so I get my moneys worth, my clients are happy and come on minx are not that expensive, as opposed to blinx, jinx or whateva surely you would prefer a product to say what is says on the tin and not fall off within few days, etc, or I have seen peole putting gel acrylic etc ontop,,wtf,, why must take an age and they must be making no money might as well buy stickers and use them under gel acrylic lol.

But why dont you try contacting them directly and asking them how they work?? have you tried minx or any other nail veneer?? as to compare;)

No Ive not triend minx yet or any of the others, I just so them other on the NSI web site and thought i would ask.

Thanks

Oh well I thought nsi were doing trendy nail wraps. I would of thought they would need some sort of heat application kelly.

Why not give em a try.. but I would recommend trying MInx,,once minxed,, you wont go back to blinx, jinx, winx;)

I though it was the same jinx and NSI because all the designs are the same. Think I will try minx as its so well known.

Thanks for info

jinx sounds kind of unlucky .... would be hard to feng shui your treatment list with with something like that on it ! lol

jinx sounds kind of unlucky .... would be hard to feng shui your treatment list with with something like that on it ! lol

so TRUE!!! lol xo

Not gna try it lol

My friend bought herself some jinx off ebay(the only place they sell them) and omg.... they are like homemade stickers IMO, the images are patchy, and just looks cheap. I personally use trendy nail wraps(cost the same but the quality is far superior IMO) and they are fab. The designs are lush and pretty cost effective.
I have been lured by minx and I am going to try them on my mum this weekend. The only problem is heating them, I dont fancy using a hairdryer and I am not going to spend out on lamp if I cant get to grips.

HTH

NSI are doing 'trendy nail wraps' x I got some last week and really like mine x

i have minxing years, bought them form america before cnd distributed them,, i used a hair dryer at first. (bit tricky but possible) then i bought the proper minx lamp from sweet squared when they got them in. its paid for itself over and over. looks a lot more professional. love it. i haven't tried all the other copies bitz jinx and all that, not saying i wouldn't. just the minx name sells it for me. people ring up asking for it by name. so i wouldnt put something else on if they want minx.

I read the thread the other week when i was doing some research on mi nails / jinx inc but i thought i'd give them ago anyway! Well they came next day and i have to admit they are soooo thin and easy to apply......you should at least give one sheet a try. Apparently the foils and glitters will be available in a couple of weeks. I'll be ordering again as the price is great. I just thought i'd let you all know. ;) x

Last edited by a moderator:
Minx is what our clients ask for and Minx is what they get. Why compromise? What's the point? Minx has the name and Minx has the quality. I just don't get why anyone would want anything else. Are over 200 designs not enough? Is having a great name and reputation not enough? lol Go for the real thing and the best quality. IMHO

Well Said Geeg!

Minx was the first of it's kind available every other version since then has been in a way copied I guess, if i can say that without copying but that's the truth of it really.

i have tried these , they are thinner than minx the packaging looks cheap! they don't last as long. i offer them as a cheap alternative for the kids whom mums drag along then want minxing ! Minx are far more Superior look feel longevity. i do offer blix also for teens as parents wont pay what i charge for minx. i love minx the patterns i do minx party's and the ladies love them my eldest to date was 73 and had cougar ones on last week lol its her second set she had gold lightning on prior :) x el

It amazes me!! If I were going to do a blatant knock-off, I would at least try and stand out but Jinx (Hey Janet:lol:), Winx, Blixz etc... I mean - talk about being late to the party!!!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
i have tried these , they are thinner than minx the packaging looks cheap! they don't last as long. i offer them as a cheap alternative for the kids whom mums drag along then want minxing ! Minx are far more Superior look feel longevity. i do offer blix also for teens as parents wont pay what i charge for minx. i love minx the patterns i do minx party's and the ladies love them my eldest to date was 73 and had cougar ones on last week lol its her second set she had gold lightning on prior :) x el

Why do you offer them as a cheap alternative? There are less wraps in a pack of Junx and therefore the price is about the same? Why would they be cheaper? For the difference in quality, the price should be much lower ... so many people trying to cash in on the Minx popularity but with lesser quality products ... doesn't do anyones reputation any good. Stick with the real deal. The price of Minx is so reasonable and the return on your investment with the real thing is better than any other service we perform.

Many technicians are getting 3 sets to a packet of MinX at 25-30.00 a time ... add it up! Man alive. I'd never pay that amount for a service with a knock off of lesser quality, with no branding, a cheap rep and no name in the marketplace.

Using a quality product like MinX gives the technician a leg up in her business as soon as she starts using it.

Last edited:
Why do you offer them as a cheap alternative? There are less wraps in a pack of Junx and therefore the price is about the same? Why would they be cheaper? For the difference in quality, the price should be much lower ... so many people trying to cash in on the Minx popularity but with lesser quality products ... doesn't do anyones reputation any good. Stick with the real deal. The price of Minx is so reasonable and the return on your investment with the real thing is better than any other service we perform.

Many technicians are getting 3 sets to a packet of MinX at 25-30.00 a time ... add it up! Man alive. I'd never pay that amount for a service with a knock off of lesser quality, with no branding, a cheap rep and no name in the marketplace.

Using a quality product like MinX gives the technician a leg up in her business as soon as she starts using it.

i love minX and if parents want to pay £25 for a 6 or 9 yrold then yay im happy.... i have blix and trendy and charge £20 for these adults and children £15 . or if i have minx bits left overs i charge kids £10..... minX is the best brand name that i charge for and the quality size and style.. so its like my asking my daughter if she wants my mac mascara or do u buy her rimmel "! hmmmmmm..... no brainer! i offer nails inc as an alternative to my 21 day polish. i offer 2 types of facials . i have people that will pay for the named products and people who would like to but just cant afford it geeg , does that answer your question xxx:hug:

I suppose ! I never did that in my business. They got the tops or they didn't. I never had the 'luxury' or 'deluxe' versus the ordinary ... they didn't get the choice.

We all do things differently. Not my way.

I only offer Minx, and only offer one price........I don't see the point in doing myself out of that extra fiver, when at the end of the the day I would save maybe 50p per application on product cost, but I would do exactly the same prep and application to ensure longevity of the product and maintain my reputation..........the only persons gaining here are the clients who will probably be the kind who'll follow the cheapest deal, oh and the companies who have copied Minx........As a therapist I'd be losing out on that £4.50.

It just doesn't make sense to charge £5 less for something that's only costing me 50p less, am I missing something?????

Latest posts

Back