just a bit of advice really

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
I was thinking about colouring lately as theres been a few posts on here and i wondered if anyone can help me..

In work I do alot of colouring and as far as flashes are concerned I mostly do blondes, coppers, and reds..

Anyway I was thinking about experimenting with the more "funky" colours so to speak starting off with blue, I assume with darker shades of hair pre lightening maybe needed but when I went into sallys to look at the different colours etc I was told they don't do blue in a permanent colour only a semi colour .

Please correct me if im wrong but I have seen people with blue and green hair.. so is this right can you only get blue in a semi permanent?

I was thinking about colouring lately as theres been a few posts on here and i wondered if anyone can help me..

In work I do alot of colouring and as far as flashes are concerned I mostly do blondes, coppers, and reds..

Anyway I was thinking about experimenting with the more "funky" colours so to speak starting off with blue, I assume with darker shades of hair pre lightening maybe needed but when I went into sallys to look at the different colours etc I was told they don't do blue in a permanent colour only a semi colour .

Please correct me if im wrong but I have seen people with blue and green hair.. so is this right can you only get blue in a semi permanent?
Fudge do an excellent blue stain (paint box), it is bright blue but you can mix with the pasteliser to create a gorgeous baby blue. The hair must b pre-lightned to shoe no gold reflet as it will have a green tinge to it. In my hair it has lasted very well however one of the other girld used it and it has run into the rest of her hair giving it a very subtle grey/silver tinge. Other than that i would try goldwell although i'm not sure if they d blue or green.

do fudge do any permanent pink too? or who else does?
thanks in advance:)

goldwell do a blue in there semi range we have that in work

Goldwell do a cool lift and tone pink. Fudge also do a pink stain, they also have green, purple, red and a couple of different variations. All the fashion colours fade quite quickly though. Hope you enjoy your new colour.

Tazzie

Thanks everyone for your replys :D

Time to have a play around I think :lol:

Goldwell do a cool lift and tone pink. Fudge also do a pink stain, they also have green, purple, red and a couple of different variations. All the fashion colours fade quite quickly though. Hope you enjoy your new colour.

Tazzie
Thanks for the advice, my daughter is after the pink:eek::lol:

Hi I also like fudge and crazy colour they are simple unharmful and easy to refresh with ,
but as someone else said with the blues if theres any yellow left in the hair it can go like a yucky toilet block green .

So if any stubborn yellow is left (which sometimes it just wont shift )
then go for a more violet blue its also lovely too,
and it will counteracts any unwanted pale yellow tones.

Schwarzkopf used to make a lovely candy kiss pink too .
(Like flamingo pink )

They are all semis except for Maji contrast by loreal they do wicked hot pink, :green: but no blues as yet ,:hug:

Last edited:
goldwell do a blue in there semi range we have that in work

Oh, well thats good , so you could find some snippets of hair for testing it on,
just bring them up to bleached blond and give the Goldwell blue a whirl :hug:x

let us know how it goes ? :hug: x

I'm sure that Stargazer do permanent hair dye in funky colours like blue, purple, pink, etc, Stargazer Products

Never heard of a permanent colour in "crazy colours"? Have you used these Ruth?

My experience of the pre bleaching treatment and the intro of the blue (especially cos its a smaller molecule seemingly ) red (lasts better) pink
(fades like ....) etc colour molecule in these colours is the porosity of the hair means it then bleeds the colour as you shampoo it. Thereby fade.

Latest posts

Back