Just starting up mobile, I really need help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Hi guys, I really need some tips and info ect about going mobile. Ive got all my business cards, flyers, price lists, add-ons ect. but its the money side of things i need help with. My mothers an accountant so she said she would help me, but do you buy your colours direct from the manufacturer or buy them from Sallys or Adele? also when booking a new client in, do you have the consultation and then buy the colour or do you just keep a range of colours in your car ect.? I know i might sound a bit thick but this is the first time ive ever really done this on this kind of scale :) thanks guys!

Hi guys, I really need some tips and info ect about going mobile. Ive got all my business cards, flyers, price lists, add-ons ect. but its the money side of things i need help with. My mothers an accountant so she said she would help me, but do you buy your colours direct from the manufacturer or buy them from Sallys or Adele? also when booking a new client in, do you have the consultation and then buy the colour or do you just keep a range of colours in your car ect.? I know i might sound a bit thick but this is the first time ive ever really done this on this kind of scale :) thanks guys!

Youre better Off finding a good independant supplier for your products as i find theyre cheaper, they usually deliver to your door free of charge on a weekly basis and youre more likely to get decent deals if youre a good customer. I wouldnt go to sallys as a) i really dislike them because they sell proffesional products to anyone because it makes them more money. B) they are the most expensive suppliers around in my opinion.

What colour ranges are you using?

Try and buy a good amount of colour stock before you start as it will help you out in the long run, but you'll find you need to still consult prior to the colour service to; check colour with a chart, skin test and some people take a deposit but i dont personally.

Hi, what i did when i first stared out as mobile was to buy in my colours as i needed them but then as i built up my clientele i started to stock up on them! Also i get most of my business from all of the free internet adverts i placed, i've never paid for adverts (except car stickers) & i'm glad to say i have a very good client base at the moment!x

Hi Jenny do you mind me asking who you advertise with i,m in the crawley area and am just starting out going to leaflet drop first but then will advertise. Many Thanks x

Hi Jenny do you mind me asking who you advertise with i,m in the crawley area and am just starting out going to leaflet drop first but then will advertise. Many Thanks x

Hi, the main sites i advertise with are freeindex, yell.com, small business directory, Qyp, Thompson local and I have put myself on Google maps they are all free. You can also get a free
website from Google! They are basic but its worked great for me have a little look if you want its salonstyleathome.co.uk x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back