Konad Nail Art Stamping Kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJT Ltd

Reaction score
:D HI THERE

MY NAME IS KAREN TAYLOR - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF KJY BEAUTY NAILS AND TRAINING LTD

WE ARE THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTORS OF KONAD PRODUCTS IN THE UK AND SPAIN.

I WAS RECENTLY INTRODUCED TO THENAILGEEK.COM AND WAS QUICK SURPRISED BY THE AMOUNT OF NAILS TECHS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE STAMPING KIT! ITS SOOO EASY.

I THINK THE MAIN PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE THE TOP COAT FOR MOST OF YOU. WE SELL THOUSANDS OF THESE KITS AND ONLY HEAR FROM A FEW OF YOU REGARDING THIS. I WOULD HATE TO THINK YOU PURCHASED THE KIT AND ENDED UP PUTTING IN A CUPBOARD TO GATHER DUST!

WE MADE OF POINT AT EXCEL 06 OF APPLYING TOPCOAT TO EVERY SINGLE DEMO WE DID. AND WE DID NOT ENCOUNTER ANY SMUDGING. THERE IS A KNACK TO IT AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO:

FIRSTLY, YOU MUST APPLY BASE COAT. THIS CAN BE CLEAR, OR ANY REGULAR POLISH.

YOU MUST BE QUICK. APPLY THE SPECIAL POLISH, SCRAPE, PUT THE STAMPER ONTO THE DESIGN AND APPLY TO THE NAIL.

WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR DESIGNS ON EACH NAIL YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THE FIRST DESIGN AND APPLY YOUR TOP COAT. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT ALL DAY!!!

WITH A GOOD SIZE DROP OF TOP COAT ON YOUR BRUSH - LIGHTLY MOVE THE DROP ACROSS THE DESIGN. DONT LET THE BRUSH COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE DESIGN. YOU CAN THEN GO AROUND THE EDGES OF THE DESIGN WITH THE TOP COAT. THAT SHOULD DO IT!

IF THE WHOLE NAIL IS COVERED IN A DESIGN THEN DO YOUR NORMAL THREE STROKES ACROSS THE NAIL WITH THE DROP OF TOP COAT.

YOU CAN ONLY GO OVER THE DESIGN AGAIN WHEN THE TOPCOAT IS DRIED.

THE SPECIAL POLISH IS VERY THICK AND USED FOR THE DESIGNS. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND REGULAR POLISH FOR DESIGNS.

IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS, WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU. WE WOULD NEVER GIVE YOU THE BRUSH OFF!

IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION YOU CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH WWW.KONAD.CO.UK WHERE MYSELF AND THE TEAM WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT. WE ONLY WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS!

Happy Stamping!

Karen Taylor

KJT Ltd said:
:D HI THERE

MY NAME IS KAREN TAYLOR - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF KJY BEAUTY NAILS AND TRAINING LTD

WE ARE THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTORS OF KONAD PRODUCTS IN THE UK AND SPAIN.

I WAS RECENTLY INTRODUCED TO THENAILGEEK.COM AND WAS QUICK SURPRISED BY THE AMOUNT OF NAILS TECHS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE STAMPING KIT! ITS SOOO EASY.

I THINK THE MAIN PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE THE TOP COAT FOR MOST OF YOU. WE SELL THOUSANDS OF THESE KITS AND ONLY HEAR FROM A FEW OF YOU REGARDING THIS. I WOULD HATE TO THINK YOU PURCHASED THE KIT AND ENDED UP PUTTING IN A CUPBOARD TO GATHER DUST!

WE MADE OF POINT AT EXCEL 06 OF APPLYING TOPCOAT TO EVERY SINGLE DEMO WE DID. AND WE DID NOT ENCOUNTER ANY SMUDGING. THERE IS A KNACK TO IT AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO:

FIRSTLY, YOU MUST APPLY BASE COAT. THIS CAN BE CLEAR, OR ANY REGULAR POLISH.

YOU MUST BE QUICK. APPLY THE SPECIAL POLISH, SCRAPE, PUT THE STAMPER ONTO THE DESIGN AND APPLY TO THE NAIL.

WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR DESIGNS ON EACH NAIL YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THE FIRST DESIGN AND APPLY YOUR TOP COAT. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT ALL DAY!!!

WITH A GOOD SIZE DROP OF TOP COAT ON YOUR BRUSH - LIGHTLY MOVE THE DROP ACROSS THE DESIGN. DONT LET THE BRUSH COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE DESIGN. YOU CAN THEN GO AROUND THE EDGES OF THE DESIGN WITH THE TOP COAT. THAT SHOULD DO IT!

IF THE WHOLE NAIL IS COVERED IN A DESIGN THEN DO YOUR NORMAL THREE STROKES ACROSS THE NAIL WITH THE DROP OF TOP COAT.

YOU CAN ONLY GO OVER THE DESIGN AGAIN WHEN THE TOPCOAT IS DRIED.

THE SPECIAL POLISH IS VERY THICK AND USED FOR THE DESIGNS. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND REGULAR POLISH FOR DESIGNS.

IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS, WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU. WE WOULD NEVER GIVE YOU THE BRUSH OFF!

IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION YOU CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH WWW.KONAD.CO.UK WHERE MYSELF AND THE TEAM WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT. WE ONLY WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS!

Happy Stamping!

Karen Taylor

Thanks for posting Karen and welcome to the site. Saw you also on LK Today. Sam's CBM segment got canned because they were going to do 3 days but the Oscars pulled it back to two:rolleyes: ... and they didn't have time to show the 1 hand v the other with the Custome Blended Manicure.... arghhhh :evil: would have been SO COOL to have Sam on LK Today... never mind - there is always next year :cool:

thank for the much need information

Thanks for posting, i was a bit unsure if i should try it but i think i will give it a go.
xx

Mrs Geek said:
Thanks for posting Karen and welcome to the site. Saw you also on LK Today. Sam's CBM segment got canned because they were going to do 3 days but the Oscars pulled it back to two:rolleyes: ... and they didn't have time to show the 1 hand v the other with the Custome Blended Manicure.... arghhhh :evil: would have been SO COOL to have Sam on LK Today... never mind - there is always next year :cool:

I noticed that babe - watched it specifically because you said it was going to be on and was gutted when it wasn't shown. MAybe next time hey?!

Welcome to the site Karen. I have to say I have the stamping kit and I like it and have no problems with top coat, the only thing I dislike is if you want to do the same design on every nail it can take quite a while - I find I have to clean it in between each nail that I do which can be a bit annoying.

Hi there
Met you at the show too! I thought you were brother and sister?? I did wonder what had happended to Creative as i was told its only Creative and myself invited to the Studio?? Its been amazing!
Love the site - im gradually working my way around it!!
Regards
Karen

Mrs Geek said:

Hi Karen, nice to see you onboard............even though you where only next door at Excel, I still didn't manage to get you to show me how to do it all....I really would love to know more about this, Oh well maybe we can be Show neighbours again and I might get a chance then.... So much Geeking and so little time xxx
But Welcome Hun...
BTW can you please please take the caps look off lol..... its classed as shouting and hard to read....thanks xxxxxx LOL ok you have already done it ..... thanks xxx

Hi there
You can do two or three of the same designs without cleaning but we do recommend that you clean in between each one. The polish would clog the design and you would then have only half of it!
Karen

kateyork1 said:
I noticed that babe - watched it specifically because you said it was going to be on and was gutted when it wasn't shown. MAybe next time hey?!

Welcome to the site Karen. I have to say I have the stamping kit and I like it and have no problems with top coat, the only thing I dislike is if you want to do the same design on every nail it can take quite a while - I find I have to clean it in between each nail that I do which can be a bit annoying.

Hi there
Sorry about the Caps lock!! Dont know why i did it like that!! At least everyone seems to have heard me!!

We are at NEC 2/3rd April Stand P63, Olympia B67, Scotland F70 and Manchester F80 so do please come and see us or book the stand next door!!

Kind regards
Karen

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi Karen, nice to see you onboard............even though you where only next door at Excel, I still didn't manage to get you to show me how to do it all....I really would love to know more about this, Oh well maybe we can be Show neighbours again and I might get a chance then.... So much Geeking and so little time xxx
But Welcome Hun...
BTW can you please please take the caps look off lol..... its classed as shouting and hard to read....thanks xxxxxx LOL ok you have already done it ..... thanks xxx

Hi

I also brought the kit at excel and think its fantastic after 2 demo's I decided to invest in the large kit plus extra design plates.
With ref to the problems with putting on the top coat I found the best way for me was to use the same method as top coating airbrushing

Thanks Karen for the great demo's see you at NEC to add more to my kit.

Jill Prince :wink2:

I always use a sealant gel to seal my stampings,this way my client can easily put polish over her stamping and take it off again without spoiling the nails.

I find it easier and longer lasting,but is has to be a sealant gel which you have to clean off after curing.

Here a recent photograph of my nails done with konad Stamping:

Andrea:)

nailnanny said:
I always use a sealant gel to seal my stampings,this way my client can easily put polish over her stamping and take it off again without spoiling the nails.

I find it easier and longer lasting,but is has to be a sealant gel which you have to clean off after curing.

they look lovely....is the pink foil...? right i will have a go with the gel. xxx

nailnanny said:

So how easy is it to get nails that look like those? would love to do it but I'm a bit sceptical about things that are supposed to be easy to do, because I don't seem to be able to do all these easy things:confused:

NailStyle said:
they look lovely....is the pink foil...? right i will have a go with the gel. xxx

Hi,

By the looks of it, it's Sally Hansen's Fairy Dust Pink nail varnish on the tip with the Konad stamp as the design.

I've tried the method described by Karen to apply the top coat and still no luck. Now I just end up with a thick glob of top coat !

I really can't get the hang of this stamping kit.

River

Hi there
Your designs look lovely! I think you have one of the newer discs! Ive yet to work out how to get my designs on here. I did 140 for QVC!!

the idea of the sealant is great. We are looking into supply a UV light and UV top coat, as this works fab!

Im so glad you are enjoying the kit.
Karen xx

nailnanny said:

Sorry you still seem to be having probs!:sad: Come and see me at NEC and we will sort you out! If all else fails, use a UV gel top coat!! when you consider the cost of the kit and what you charge for nail art, its worth persevering!:irked:
Karen:green:

River said:
Hi,

By the looks of it, it's Sally Hansen's Fairy Dust Pink nail varnish on the tip with the Konad stamp as the design.

I've tried the method described by Karen to apply the top coat and still no luck. Now I just end up with a thick glob of top coat !

River

River said:
Hi,

River

Hi River,it´s Mystical Mandarin Sally Hansen Magical Makeup:)

I did try a few topcoats that you cure without (us in Germany say) Dispersion,but I found that only Sealant-gel works without probs. I do two thin layers,the first I cure 120 sec.,the second 240 sec.

@ Karen : I wouldn´t want to be without my Stamping-Set,we have 45 different stamping plates over here in Germany on sale.

Oh good. another Happy Stamper:D . We have the full range too 45 discs and i know there are more on the way. the new french ones seem to be a real hit too.

If anyone has some great designs, i would love to put them on my website www.konad.co.uk

nailnanny said:
Hi River,it´s Mystical Mandarin Sally Hansen Magical Makeup:)

I did try a few topcoats that you cure without (us in Germany say) Dispersion,but I found that only Sealant-gel works without probs. I do two thin layers,the first I cure 120 sec.,the second 240 sec.

@ Karen : I wouldn´t want to be without my Stamping-Set,we have 45 different stamping plates over here in Germany on sale.

Hi Karen,

if you send me your email-adress via pm i could send you some photographs of mine done with the stamping kit:)

Latest posts

Back