L&P Disappearing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica brooks

Reaction score
Hello,

Need some help!!
I did a clients nails last night, she was a big 'superdrug stick on' fan and her nails were full of divits and dents! However......i prep'ed really good because she needed loads of cuticle work, and her nails were pretty dry ( once i had scrub-freshed, her nails were nearly completely white where they were so dehydrated )........applied tips and blended etc............ applied white powder which went on fine, pink in zone 2 was ok, but when i put pink into zone 3 it kept disappearing! It almost looked like i was working to wet, but i wasnt??
It just wouldnt build any thickness at all, not even a thin layer, it just kept disappering. I dont know how long these nails are going to last now, she is off to tunisa at the weekend for christmas and i dont think her nails are going to last the whole holiday - im gutted for her because i was hoping she would be so impressed with her nails that she would keep having them done and lay off the stick-on's!!
I would be really grateful if anyone has any idea's why this has happened?? The only thing i could think of is that my box had been in my car all afternoon and maybe my liquid was cold? But i had put it between my knees to warm it up while preppin ( little tip i read on her the other day!! )

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

I've had this before but i have now idea why it happend.

Her nail beds were badly over filed with loads of dips and in zone 3 it just seemed to disappear!

Haven't had this problem with anyone else tho.

Thanks for your reply sarah, maybe it was to do with the divets? what did you do? i just ended up working extra dry and thats what makes me think they wont last to long?
Does anyone else have any idea?

yes thats what i had to do. also zone 2 didn't go on to well either.

I dont think it is the cold tho as i did it in the summer.

Would like to hear if anyone else has had this trouble.

That's a bit wierd isn't it lol...if it just disappeared...where did it go?

Did it disappear when you were finishing the nails or did it disappear when you were applying the product?

It looked like it was just disappering when i was filling it, but like you said - where was it going??

Were your clients hands cold?
I know this sounds silly, but I have noticed when a clients hands are very cold my l&p behaves differently, and I do end up working slightly drier.

I have not exactly experienced the same as you but it is just a thought, as to what the problem may be.

I cant remember to be honest with you - i think her house wasn't exactly warm as i remember being a bit chilly in there.
I was thinking it was temp. related - but just wanted to check in case anyone knew of another reason why!

PS L&P stands for liquid and powder!:smack:

aha, i see now! thank you so much for the insight!

too-dam-perfect, i asked the same question yesterday, then later it occured to me its Liquid & Powder! doh!

jessica brooks said:
( once i had scrub-freshed, her nails were nearly completely white where they were so dehydrated )........applied tips and blended etc............

Did you re-scrub fresh after blending the tips...?
If not there could have been dust on the nail plate
(be sure to only scrub fresh the natual nail)

jessica brooks said:
( applied white powder which went on fine, pink in zone 2 was ok, but when i put pink into zone 3 it kept disappearing! It almost looked like i was working to wet, but i wasnt??
It just wouldnt build any thickness at all, not even a thin layer, it just kept disappering.

It could be frosting, (rapid evaporation of monomer - leaving behind only the powder, has no strength and buffs right off) This is caused primarily by a cool breeze blowing over during application, completely throwing off the reaction.
Make sure you don't work in drafty environments

I am assuming you are using CND liquids, as you mentioned scrub fresh, if your not, it potentially could be crystallisation (freezing of monomer) most monomers have a very high freezing point and can crystallise while you work.

Hope that helps.

Sorry to make fun of this post but I couldn't help laughing as I was reading all the replies!!!
It must have been a nightmare for you but, when your like me and you read all the posts, it just sounds really bizzare!!!!
I cannot understand either "where the product went" I am really trying though! lol!
next time, try to scrubfresh and prime the nail if that doesnt work try nail fresh. and warm monomer, polymer and clients hands.
Good luck next time!

So it was disappearing when you were finishing the nail, not when applying the product, could be that you were finishing with a file with too low a grit, thus filing the product straight off or maybe not enough product applied in the first place.

No, i was placing my bead onto the nail in zone 3, normal size bead, let it settle and when i went to move it around there was nothing there to move!!
I know it sounds strange and 'disappearing' probably isnt the right word to use, but i cant think of a better way to discribe it.

And if i knew what was happening to it i wouldnt have started the tread!! Its not something i have ever come across so thought i would ask if anyone else had ever experienced it, maybe it was one of those things that you had to see to understand what im explaining!!! :D

Latest posts

Back