L&P Not curing as normal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Hiya peeps,

I am looking for some support and advise tonight as feeling peeved :cry:

I am training at college and have only done four full sets of nails, the fourth being tonight. I applied my l&p (NSI SPA) the same as I have previously but for some reason it ws taking ages for them to set :eek:

I stayed behind after work at my office and had a willing model so all was going well. Tip blendng went really well and then applied my l&p. I am lost for a reason as to why it was taking forever and a day to set. The only thing different to previous applications was that I was sitting underneath air con blower and my clients hands were freezing!. Could this have anything to do with it??

My model left and still the acyrlic wouldnt shine up nicely with the buffer as it normally does. Feel dishearted as I feel like im going backwards and getting worse rather than getting better! and I am also worried that come tomoz she will come into work and they will look stupid or have fallen off! :eek:

Its half term so cannot ask my tutor would appreciate any advise, thanks :hug:

Your product was not setting because of the cold atmosphere and your clients cold hands.
As heat is one of the initiators in the polymersisation (cure) process you need to be working in a nice warm temperature and warm up your clients hands in some way before you start. So don't get too disheartened. HTH

Check you products MSDS (or sometimes the back of the monomer pack will even tell you) for the Correct working temp, we are in spring now but even so getting cold temps inside the house, I am having to pop a heater on to keep the temp in the room stable at around 24c to ensure the retention+ goes off as it should anything colder and it can take upwards of 5 mins for a sculpt to get to 'click' stage

i had this trouble when i did my friends nails a few months back.

i used the white and pink powder with the nsi spa (green on bottle) it applied brill and looked great just needed filing. but when i started filing it was just filing away so easily!! i wanted to see if it would happen again after doing a few more nails so i left to set for ike twice as long and it still did it

i rang nsi and they told me some were faulty and sent me a new bottle and it was fine, maybe you got a faulty bottle like me?

i soo hate it being cold for doing nails!!!
you go to take the form off and its all still like jelly!!
HURRY UP!!!!
lmao

i soo hate it being cold for doing nails!!!
you go to take the form off and its all still like jelly!!
HURRY UP!!!!
lmao

exactly! thats what its like here at the moment, frosty inside, and cant pop my table in the sun as it evaps the monomer lol... so stick to the noisy heaters for now.

Thanks so much everyone :) Feeling better knowing that its not me, never really thought about the temp making a difference to the acrylic.:o

I have checked the leaflets that came with my kit and the monomer bottle but doesn't say anything about temp. I will ring them tomoz and see what they say, as you said Sammyjane might be a dodgy bottle.

How do you all cope in the colder months with these problems?? I mean if your mobile and going to people houses and they are cold what do you do then??

use a product that doesnt crystalise in cold temps, and is more stable
te only prob i get with retention in very cold weather is that its slower to set
others ive used crystalised really badly , an i was having to use things like hot water bottles, hot water etc etc
now i dont bother with all that effort , havent got time to!!

Latest posts

Back