L&P to Natural Nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there many Fiberglass courses available?

You never seem to hear much about fiberglass. I have been doing nails for 2 and half years and spend alot of time on here yet i haven't read much about fiberglass. Gels ...yes, i have read so much i reckon i could do a set myself yet im not a gel geek. I have only ever heard of the EN and backscratchers.

I ask this because i too would be intrested in learning Fiberglass but who is there to train with?

I find i do more natural nails now that Shellac has been launched and tbh the idea of becoming a natural nails only tech has crossed my mind too. I still do quite a bit of L&P but i sometimes think is it worth it? Is it profitable? I feel i do loose out when i do a L&P treatments has i could of fitted in 2 Shellac treatments within the same time scale. xx

Hi, ezflow also teach fibreglass/silk. It IS good, but I would go with backscratchers as a first choice. :biggrin:

Hi, ezflow also teach fibreglass/silk. It IS good, but I would go with backscratchers as a first choice. :biggrin:
Many Thanks Deena xx

Wow - soo many replies.

I'm glad to hear that natural nail treatments are becoming popular again - I could never have my enhancements on for long cause I was always changing them, once a week infact :/ My nails were paper-thin! *slap on the wrist* At least now, change is easier lol.

See I was the opposite, I love doing l and p. love transforming peoples nails into the perfect shape/length they could never achieve. Now with soak offs and minx etc, when I come to do l and p its the smell and dust and filing that gets to me. I work smart, and I make minimal dust but the odours and filing, it gets a bit much sometimes, and I just find doing natural nails literaly a breath of fresh air! Maby there will be a shift in enhancments as short oval and coloured nails are realy "in" at the moment. The look is easily created with gel polish on natural nails. Where are say a few years ago it was all about acrylic french. I think you have to love your job, and if you can make the same or more money doing something you like better, than go for it. Thats the pleasure of being your own boss! Me I am still going to carry on offering l and p. I always said the moment I start to hate my job, I will change career life is too short..so I think you should do what you want to do! For example I am also a mobile hair dresser, and dont offer perms, never have done, have only been asked a couple times for them..wonder if L and P will end up like perms... something that still has its place, but not as popular as it was in its hayday? x

Just 'Maybe' services such as minx/shellac/gelish are becoming so popular has something more to do with the fact that they're quicker and easier to perform than doing a hell of a lot more work/skill building with l&p for an ever dwindling financial reward?

Don't get me wrong, I think the new products are great, but I don't get anywhere near the same satisfaction out of doing them. I shall probably get shot down for this, but they bore me by comparison!! Are techs raving about/pushing these services, in some cases, more out of a desire to keep their bank balances afloat than because they really believe the more skilled work has had it's day and people don't really want it?

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for it, as most simply can't charge what a decent set of enhancements are worth these days, but I do think it's a terrible shame if this is the real crux of the matter. :hug:

I have offered fibreglass NNOs for years now and I have hardly any clients who have extensions. I am currently deciding which Soak Off Gel to use, the only real benefit to my clients is dry time and service speed, as polish lasts at least two weeks on NNOs anyway.

As others have said, fashion changes and traditional extensions and nail art are becoming associated with certain lifestyles. I hope no one takes that the wrong way.

I do wonder however how long it will be before all the NSSs start to see this gap in the market and start using cheaper soak off gels and wraps and therefore undercut us all. If they start moving away from L&P and therefore not badly using e-files and potentially MMA, they might pose a real threat.

You will have a hard job convincing new clients that your brand of gel is better because it is "a true hybrid" or "the first of its kind" or "3 free" etc. if the NSS can achieve the same results cheaper with no damage to the natural nail???????

Just thinking out loud really!

I'm not worried because it'll b the same. Poor prep, cheap products, improper removal and application. My customers pay for my care and concern :)

Latest posts

Back