L+p,what's your brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L+p wich brush do you use ?

• Round

Votes: 67 31.2%
  • Oval

Votes: 108 50.2%
  • Flat

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Other...please give details.

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

becki x

Reaction score
On the back of another thread :lol: ,i was wondering,what is the correct brush to use for l+p application.:confused:

I will put four shape options on the poll,i would be very gratefull if you would also post the size of your brush.:green:

Thankyou :hug:

On the back of another thread :lol: ,i was wondering,what is the correct brush to use for l+p application.:confused:

I will put four shape options on the poll,i would be very gratefull if you would also post the size of your brush.:green:

Thankyou :hug:

for my regular l&p applications i use an ezflow #508 grand artist oval brush

i think that as long as you use a good quality kolinski sable brush... the brush shape is personal preferance with regards to whats 'correct' or not

i have in the past used round brushes like cnd ultra scultor which was fine but since using an oval brush which is crimped at the ferrel, i cant go back... i got an ezflow #308 brush which is round to try ... and if im honest i used it once and i havent picked it up since:rolleyes: .... i love my 508 too much to use anything else now

edit.... forgot to add my 508 is a size 8

Hiya

I use a Cesars Secrets Grand Prix brush, oval size 9. Its fantastic, the best I have used.
Sam x

Oh i have to say so far i am surprised about the brush sizes.

Are they universal sizes,ie the same wich ever brand ?

I thought you were supposed to use a smaller brush !?!?

Mines also the ezflow #508 grand artist oval brush, I have looked at others but am afraid switching will change the amount of monomer pick up I am used to, especially as I am still training. Probably silly but because of that I've stuck with what I know, plus I like it :)

I have always used an Ezflow 508 size 8 oval, but have just bought a cnd prostyler to try, and I quite like it, not sure what sze it is, but i find it much easier to control!:)

Ez Flow 508 for me too.

For my Retention+ (CND) I use a Pro-styler, its a round 7 or 8, 8 I think (help me CND Geeks, lol), and for my Attraction (NSI) I use a no 8 Grande, oval & occasionally the Baby Grand, Oval 6.
I've use lots of mega cheap brushes too, and I think you do actually get what you pay for...unless I'm just being a bad Nail tech blaming my tools! :lol:

I have both the ezflow 508 and the creative prostyler:)

I use an oval brush size 14 flattened. A flat brush as such does not have the ability to hold any liquid, true flat brushes are usually used for odorless acrylic systems.

Attachments

• brush001.jpg
    brush001.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 117
I'm a big fan of the ezflow 508

Creative Ultra Sculptor or Pro Styler for me but I think I would be happy with any good quality brush that did what I wanted it to do. As long as it is well made and long lasting and the hairs don't fall out etc etc.

Ok,seems oval is winning.

Is size a personal preference thing,or is one in particular recomended ?

Thanks x

creative pro styler for me

Ok,seems oval is winning.

Is size a personal preference thing,or is one in particular recomended ?

Thanks x

When using a system like Retention+ where there is no primer and the product needs firm pressure to get a perfect contact with the nail plate, a larger , heavier brush is better suited to the job.

A larger brush also helps to distribute the product more evenly and gives a smoother surface. It makes sense to use a larger brush .. much less effort for the nail technician and a better more lasting result.

Ultra sculptor for me :)

At last years Sydney show in Sept, i bought the most expensive brush there ( a lovely oval silver brush with a lid/cover, pink diamontes embedded in the ferrel, a real jewelry piece) endorsed and designed by a champion @ $145, i also bought a what must have been the cheapest brush there @ $13 (pictured in previous post) from a small time supplier. @$13 i had nothing to loose (it's size 14 oval, red sable made in Germany).
The expensive brush has been used three times, a absolute nightmare to use ( i should have known better), but it was sooooo pretty to look at.
The cheap brush has been my workhorse since then and i just luuuuuuuurve it (best brush in 23 years).
It was an interesting exercise in brush buying, can't wait for Sept to get another one in a size 16. My brush is my most valuable tool.

Creative Ultra Sculptor or Pro Styler for me but I think I would be happy with any good quality brush that did what I wanted it to do. As long as it is well made and long lasting and the hairs don't fall out etc etc.

Ditto, i also use the master series, as in the long run, it works out more cost effective. xx

I have a brush from a small time supplier as well it's a flat #8 kolinsky sable ...I love it nothing fancy about it .....hairs stay well , holds my product .....I have no complaints and it does the job....I think your brush and the size are all a personal choice....

Latest posts

Back