L+p,what's your brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L+p wich brush do you use ?

• Round

Votes: 67 31.2%
  • Oval

Votes: 108 50.2%
  • Flat

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Other...please give details.

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
When using a system like Retention+ where there is no primer and the product needs firm pressure to get a perfect contact with the nail plate, a larger , heavier brush is better suited to the job.

A larger brush also helps to distribute the product more evenly and gives a smoother surface. It makes sense to use a larger brush .. much less effort for the nail technician and a better more lasting result.

Thankyou.

The pro styler is a popular choice.Is this a large brush and what shape is it please ?

well just to tell you all
i tried my new brush (size 5 or 6 not sure) today on a client who wanted sculpts,and..........................i couldnt do them!!!!!
now in my defence lol ...she has little but wide nail beds and my nail foms are rubbish!,so i dont really think it had much to do with the brush ..mabey 30%,
i tried for 1 hour 35 mins and they looked pants!
so we soaked off and applied tips instead,
i am now going back to my size 10 kollinsky,
i will keep my smaller brush and love and cherish it though,as it is great for smile lines i did some fab glitter tips on myself last night,i have never had a better smile line!
also for my 3d art,
but for the whole nail coverage for me it has to be "bigger is better" i love my old big brush
also i have offered my client to come and model for me for sculpts no charge!!! when i get my new size 10 by way of an appology for today (and to give me a bit of experience)

I have been using CND prostyler lately, but I can't come to terms with it. I think I'm just to used to the Ezflow 508. SO I'm going back to it but I'll keep practicing with my prostyler too.

i also use ezflow 508. tried others but taught with 508 and stayed with it. as i got my products bought from college. Where is the nearest ezflow distrubutor in uk. I am northeast. or a website would be handy. thanks
from Trace x

At last years Sydney show in Sept, i bought the most expensive brush there ( a lovely oval silver brush with a lid/cover, pink diamontes embedded in the ferrel, a real jewelry piece) endorsed and designed by a champion @ $145, i also bought a what must have been the cheapest brush there @ $13 (pictured in previous post) from a small time supplier. @$13 i had nothing to loose (it's size 14 oval, red sable made in Germany).
The expensive brush has been used three times, a absolute nightmare to use ( i should have known better), but it was sooooo pretty to look at.
The cheap brush has been my workhorse since then and i just luuuuuuuurve it (best brush in 23 years).
It was an interesting exercise in brush buying, can't wait for Sept to get another one in a size 16. My brush is my most valuable tool.

crikey nail zoo, that brush is big enough to sweep a yard with.:eek:

i know you have been in nails a long time, did you start with a large brush, or have you found that you have gradualy worked your way towards it as your brush control has inevitably become more and more precise.

also curious to know if you use a one ball application as i know you dont do many french sets.

i also use ezflow 508. tried others but taught with 508 and stayed with it. as i got my products bought from college. Where is the nearest ezflow distrubutor in uk. I am northeast. or a website would be handy. thanks
from Trace x

www.californianails.com
hth

Why bother starting at all ?
because i have only used them a couple of times, and thought at first it was just me and nothing to do with the forms,
but since using with my nail trainer and having to sellotape them on to keep them in place my sculpts are fine....yet come to a client and they will not stick...the edge (free edge part) comes unstuck every two seconds,
and i know it is the forms ,because i got a few from a different company of a friend to try and they were great,stayed in place perfectly, which resulted in me doing one nail...moving on to the next..not having to fix the forms every two seconds
and no im not saying my sculpts will be great with the right brush or fantastic forms...that takes practice...which is what i was trying to get last night on this client !!! (who was fully aware of this)
and if you get something wrong ,you try again dont you,whats the point in giving up,
and yep i will be getting different forms asap! :lol:

crikey nail zoo, that brush is big enough to sweep a yard with.:eek:

i know you have been in nails a long time, did you start with a large brush, or have you found that you have gradualy worked your way towards it as your brush control has inevitably become more and more precise.

also curious to know if you use a one ball application as i know you dont do many french sets.
Started a large brush after 2 years, went to a product seminar and the lady said "try it", different product, different brush, I freaked out, but as soon as I picked up my first ball (strip) it just all fell into place.
I usually use 2 applications (one forward, starting at the cuticle, then one backwards, from the free edge) which creates my apex, for French I apply one strip the width of the nail, tuck up the corners of the acrylic, then tidy the smile line with the corner of the brush. For flatter nails I build a slightly higher arch down the centre by picking up a strip, turning my brush sideways and apply one strip down the middle of the nail. Flattened brushes don't work with all products though and it would take some practice.

I use for my L&P No: 8 grand round Kolinsky brush.

i use the oval 508 brush, seem to get on better with that, than when i used a round brush , :lol: dunno why :green:

CND Ultra Sculptor, size 10..... Love it!!

just damaged my brush last night got glue on it :irked: ,the number 8 one that you get in your kit with the foundation course ,dont no what it is called so im wanting to buy a new one ,sorry if i sound a bit thick but is it the higher the number the bigger the brush, or is it the other way round, dont no much on the brush side off things , so i might buy this one you recomend how much would the ultra sculptor cost? thanks

I use a round #5 or #6 brush. If I use anything bigger, my balls get too big and monster nails appear. I'm better with small balls-Hee Hee!

just damaged my brush last night got glue on it :irked: ,the number 8 one that you get in your kit with the foundation course ,dont no what it is called so im wanting to buy a new one ,sorry if i sound a bit thick but is it the higher the number the bigger the brush, or is it the other way round, dont no much on the brush side off things , so i might buy this one you recomend how much would the ultra sculptor cost? thanks
I use the CND ultra sculptor and love it loads, as for your question as too cost, it cost me £55.81 inc vat, sounds a lot but worth every penny as you dont need to replace the whole brush they have detachable brush heads that you can replace for £18.50 inc vat, this brush is slightly smaller than the one you trained with but loads better to work with hth :hug:

I've used quite a few brushes in my time, but can truthfully say the Ezflow 508 Oval brush is the best I have ever come across and so will be sticking with that one from now on.

Natasha x

Hi

Presently I am using a Kolinsky (made in germany) brush. It has a fancy acrylic handle.

Are those brushes good.

Thanks

I use CND L&P and I use a Medicool Kolinsky #8 Round Brush. With pinched barrels (oval), I noticed the liquid is slowly released out of the brush. I like the round for I know the amound of liquid to powder I have and I don't have to worry about more liquid being released from my brush, drowning my clients cuticles.

Latest posts

Back