LA TAN strange ethics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no qualms with there products its a good product and is used by a lot of people on here, its not the cheapest tan on the market buy any means

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I only use there fast tan but it would be a shame if I had to stop it because of this

i only use their fast tan too as this is the only one my clients want, but it looks like i may have to start looking for another brand as i don't want to use something that Betty down the street can easily go out and buy

i only use their fast tan too as this is the only one my clients want, but it looks like i may have to start looking for another brand as i don't want to use something that Betty down the street can easily go out and buy
Betty down the street has ALWAYS been able to go out & buy it easily - nothing is changing there.

I really don't have anything to say about the idea of getting us qualified tanners to sell on their kits & solution as I just don't have the words to express just how idiotic I think that idea was. :rolleyes:

Betty down the street has ALWAYS been able to go out & buy it easily - nothing is changing there.

I really don't have anything to say about the idea of getting us qualified tanners to sell on their kits & solution as I just don't have the words to express just how idiotic I think that idea was. :rolleyes:

Im glad you have came in was waiting for your opinion on this :)

I only use there fast tan is not the only tan I use though :)

Im glad you have came in was waiting for your opinion on this :)

My honest opinion is that this is them thinking about their business (& not very well thought out either) not thinking about their customers business (ours).

If they had looked at the big picture then they would have seen the obvious floors in the idea, it may well initially work to bring in money for them but it's not going to work long term as those of us who sold on their kits would then need less solution from them as we would have lost our clients so they would be losing our cutom.

These untrained people who had bought kits off us may well need to buy solution more often than us though as they would have no idea how to set their guns & that in itself means they would (more than likely) end up asking us for help setting their guns etc... and all that hassle for just £20 - I don't think so.

If on the other hand they are asking you to train these new therapists & then retail them the kit - I would first of all be thinking I need some sort of qualification to be able to teach, then I would be wondering if £20 profit per kit sold is enough to make me want to teach them, I'd be thinking I want paying really well for my time & knowlege not just £20 profit on each kit I sold.

My honest opinion is that this is them thinking about their business (& not very well thought out either) not thinking about their customers business (ours).

If they had looked at the big picture then they would have seen the obvious floors in the idea, it may well initially work to bring in money for them but it's not going to work long term as those of us who sold on their kits would then need less solution from them as we would have lost our clients so they would be losing our cutom.

These untrained people who had bought kits off us may well need to buy solution more often than us though as they would have no idea how to set their guns & that in itself means they would (more than likely) end up asking us for help setting their guns etc... and all that hassle for just £20 - I don't think so.

If on the other hand they are asking you to train these new therapists & then retail them the kit - I would first of all be thinking I need some sort of qualification to be able to teach, then I would be wondering if £20 profit per kit sold is enough to make me want to teach them, I'd be thinking I want paying really well for my time & knowlege not just £20 profit on each kit I sold.

Exactly, I have stated my concerns in a email waiting a reply, will let you all know what that is

I have seen lots of offers recently and didn't like that just anyone cold now buy so I will be looking for another tan which is a shame as my clients love la tan x

I have seen lots of offers recently and didn't like that just anyone cold now buy so I will be looking for another tan which is a shame as my clients love la tan x
It has ALWAYS been the case that anyone could buy it so why is it that you did decide to use it initially but are changing your mind now?

Here are the emails, the one I sent there reply and my reply to that, hopefully they can be read in this format

Attachments

• 1390850522114.jpg
    1390850522114.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 1390850534028.jpg
    1390850534028.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 1390850544198.jpg
    1390850544198.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 88
Lynn, that is exactly the same email I received, and I mean exactly word for word. Almost like a generic email. Like banks send standardised letters!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lynn, that is exactly the same email I received, and I mean exactly word for word. Almost like a generic email. Like banks send standardised letters!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what I though as its not really an answer to what I wrought, they have not replied to my reply.

That's what I though as its not really an answer to what I wrought, they have not replied to my reply.

Ok it seems we are no further forward in understanding what they are thinking/doing so I will send them a message on Thursday (or as soon as I get a chance as I know I have a busy day tomorrow) asking for more info on their facebook post.

I will then see what happens & let you all know - I will be armed with lots of questions and won't allow them to get off the phone without giving me answers should they ring me.

Ok it seems we are no further forward in understanding what they are thinking/doing so I will send them a message on Thursday (or as soon as I get a chance as I know I have a busy day tomorrow) asking for more info on their facebook post.

I will then see what happens & let you all know - I will be armed with lots of questions and won't allow them to get off the phone without giving me answers should they ring me.

Go for it ,can't wait to see what they tell you, but they may have changed there spiel if a fue people have got annoyed with them :)

Well if they have changed their speil then it at least shows those people questioning their plans have made an impact and they were listened to - that can't be a bad thing.

If the speil is the same then I think that says a lot more about them as a company and I may just have to tell them so too.

It's not good when a company ignores concerns of a lot of it's customers, I feel they could lose a lot of custom if they take the wrong course of action with this.

I might even tell them to get on here and see the concern they have raised in several of their customers (a few of which are actually considering leaving them just because of their facebook posts) but if they don't know they are upsetting us, they can't change the way they do things.

Latest posts

Back