LA Tan vs Fake Bake

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewitd01

Reaction score
I am a mobile spray tanner, I use La tan, I love it and so do most of my customers. I have one new regular lady who has asked me if I can use fake bake on her (she said she will buy it but please will I spray her). I don't want to loose this customer as she has weekly tans. My question is; would you source a tan for one customer in particular? Can anyone give me their opinion on Fake Bake? Can I even buy it if I haven't trained with them?

Thank you.xxx

Cant answer about if you need to train to buy fake bake, but i personally would buy it in (providing i didnt have to train in it to buy it). I wouldnt let her buy it though, then she would know your profit margin! Buy it in, and charge her accordingly, im sure she will appreciate the effort you have gone to for her and remain loyal! Hth xx

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

No as long as you have done a spray tanning course you can buy fake bake, but they do have a min order to set up an account though.

How much do you charge for LA tan? Maybe offer Fake bake alongside at a higher rate as the name will probably attract new clients.

Xx

Thank you Sarah, I was thinking the same thing and if I like it I can use it at my own will! X

Thank you Steph, I will look in to an account with fake bake. I'm fully qualified in many aspects of beauty so hopefully won't have any issues. This may actually be the push that my little business needs to get busier! Xxx

Yes, it maybe. I love Fakebake! Its well known & people will pay extra for something they know 😊 (it is more expensive than LA tan tho) xx

I love fake bake by im probably bias as I trained with them. You need to open an account to buy from them but if im honest you can buy the solution online if you really want it though it may be slightly dearer
Every one of my customers adores the tan they get and how it fades and feels on their skin. One customer who is prone to face break outs during tans always compliments on how she doesn’t get that with fake bake.
I think the reason a lot of people like it is because celebrities use it and advertise it a lot, one girl my brothers talks to said to him ‘oh its fake bake she uses so the good stuff’ when she found out I done spray tans
Its all a popularity game really but I do really like it I just think it’s a little over priced £54 for a bottle of original solution can be a little steep but I still love it!

U can buy fake bake from tan bar too no min order! And it gets delivered a lot quicker

fake bake no longer have a minimum order value i had a row with them over it and im guessing alot of other people did too lol so its gone now
the £6 P&P charge still stands though but i was advised this is because they send goods via carriers so they are protected
delivery is usually 3-5 working days but in saying that i have had a delivery arrive in 2 days before think it depends on how busy they are xxx

Latest posts

Back