Lame advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oops hold on a minute.....don't we care about the nail technicians as well.....exposed to these products, generally in small rooms without venitllation and definitely no air extraction.... oops isn't there some H & S regulations about that

Well i cant think of any nail technicians who would expose themself to acetone for 14 years :|
I also dont personally know any techs who work without ventalation and air extraction, Not in this day and age.
People know about the health and safety regulations and i know not of any well trained tech that would choose to ignore them.
As for leading nail chemists fabricating the truth :mad: I think this is utter nonsense.

All "experts" interpret the facts.

Hmmm how about the Doctor who did the research into the MMS injections, it is alledged his results were flawed and that he had a financial interest. This is business in the real world....:rolleyes:

Can you tell me which 300 nail salons you visited last year that all fully complied...... real world again...

Are you saying that you don't know a salon that has chemicals in the air all thorugh the working day all through the working career....I could name a few....a few hundred, off the cuff.:rolleyes:

Why do so many nail techs get dermatitis or skin allergies or become hypersensitive to the products they work with. Ever surveyed how many have bronchial problems ,niggling coughs, regular inflammed throats....... :o

lesley1965 said:
oops hold on a minute.....don't we care about the nail technicians as well.....exposed to these products, generally in small rooms without venitllation and definitely no air extraction.... oops isn't there some H & S regulations about that

Well i cant think of any nail technicians who would expose themself to acetone for 14 years :|
I also personally know any techs who work without ventalation and air extraction, Not in this day and age.
People know about the health and safety regulations and i know not of any well trained tech that would choose to ignore them.
As for leading nail chemist fabricating the truth :mad: I think this is utter nosense.

nonacrylicgel said:
Touche mein Capitan!

oops hold on a minute.....don't we care about the nail technicians as well.....exposed to these products, generally in small rooms without venitllation and definitely no air extraction.... oops isn't there some H & S regulations about that......like the onus being on the employer to provide safe working conditions having carried out a risk analysis and then carried out precuationary measures as any reasonable man would.
Of course we care about our health and our safety at work, thats why we follow the health and safety regulations to the written word........
Well I for one and so do many others don't work in dungeon like conditions, with no windows, no doors and chained to the desk. Even Techs working from home or mobile are aware of the need of air exchange.....if they are not then they are lacking something very important......
A very good Nail Technology eductation!!!!
Now...........
I spend more time removing Nail Enamel from Nails, then soaking off and the vapours from that are just as much of a health hazzard then acetone itself........
So I work smart not hard, or even dangerous!!!!!!!!!!
So are you telling me that, this too will be a danger zone for all creatures great and small ??? So will Nail Enamel be a thing of the past too........
Will this make companies stop selling or using these products that require the use of enamel remover?????????

I also don't join my clients in their soak off bowl,and as my exposure level is higher then the clients, I use nitril gloves during soak off service and have done for the last 13 years............. and I am still her to tell the tale and do what I do best........Nails..........lol.....

Wasn't it Imperial Tobbacco that said "smoking is not harmful to your health!.....welll I trust the tobacco compnaies with my life.... do yo?
Just like the Company that said, our Gels are so good you never need to remove them..........HMMMMMMMMMM...........not sure about that one????

TTFN form London

Well i would say to you that if you think the nail industry is such a dangerous and corrupt business. Why are you in it, in the first place.

nonacrylicgel said:
All "experts" interpret the facts.

Hmmm how about the Doctor who did the research into the MMS injections, it is alledged his results were flawed and that he had a financial interest. This is business in the real world....:rolleyes:

dont you mean MMR injections

So you are saying that "most" nail techs. ( you don't say how many salons u visited recently) have spent circa. £3000.00 on air extraction and/ or filtration equipment...... most of them don't even invest this in their stock.... but that's another issue...

Yep, you are spot on most of them do lack a good rounded education in H & S ( and not one given by a anil company...) Been to an average nail course recently....not a CND one....

Hmm isn't nail polish remover generally acetone based....( the bulk of it sold in the UK that is )

By the quality of your arguments you are hardly an average person.

By the way ever questioned why you need to do removals.....bet you got some good flannel on that one......isn't this Brisa non-soak off....Oops has that company been right all along.....SO good you don't neeeeed to remove them...... funny old world isn't it.:o

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Of course we care about our health and our safety at work, thats why we follow the health and safety regulations to the written word........
Well I for one and so do many others don't work in dungeon like conditions, with no windows, no doors and chained to the desk. Even Techs working from home or mobile are aware of the need of air exchange.....if they are not then they are lacking something very important......
A very good Nail Technology eductation!!!!
Now...........
I spend more time removing Nail Enamel from Nails, then soaking off and the vapours from that are just as much of a health hazzard then acetone itself........
So I work smart not hard, or even dangerous!!!!!!!!!!
So are you telling me that, this too will be a danger zone for all creatures great and small ??? So will Nail Enamel be a thing of the past too........
Will this make companies stop selling or using these products that require the use of enamel remover?????????

I also don't join my clients in their soak off bowl,and as my exposure level is higher then the clients, I use nitril gloves during soak off service and have done for the last 13 years............. and I am still her to tell the tale and do what I do best........Nails..........lol.....

Just like the Company that said, our Gels are so good you never need to remove them..........HMMMMMMMMMM...........not sure about that one????

TTFN form London

I apologise for the mistype. What do you know I am not a typist after all.

But I champion being sarcastic.....:eek:

groovynails said:

I just have to say that this thread is more entertaining than Eastenders!!! Standing by for the next installment.

nonacrylicgel said:
But I champion being sarcastic.....:eek:

Are you !!!!

I think you are champion at being something else :green: :green: :green:

just my humble opinion

Your words Lesley, your words...by tje way....Err I have already effected change.....and I am not stopping now.....

hehehe, you don't honestly think in the world of buisness and boards of directors that they invested money in Brisa for a laugh.... writings been on the wall for 5 years or more....oops they did it for love.... nah with an apporximately £1 million pound balance sheet in the Uk alone there is a million reasons to kill L & P

Your words Lesley, your words...

lesley1965 said:
Well i would say to you that if you think the nail industry is such a dangerous and corrupt business. Why are you in it, in the first place.

groovynails said:
MMS is what ya do when you send picture messages via a mobile phone.........
lol brings a new meaning to the word injecting fun lol....
WHoooooooo hoooooooooooooo just think of the size of that needle !!!!!!!

Are you saying that you don't know a salon that has chemicals in the air all thorugh the working day all through the working career....I could name a few....a few hundred, off the cuff.:rolleyes:
Every thing you can see and touch is a chemical.......So come on this is nit picking now..............

Why do so many nail techs get dermatitis or skin allergies or become hypersensitive to the products they work with. Ever surveyed how many have bronchial problems ,niggling coughs, regular inflammed throats....... :o
So you know how many Gel Techs can and do suffer some these problems, due to lack of good and sound Product Education...............We are not supposed to bath in what ever we use, we supposed to know the dangers and also know how to avoid those dangers................and sound Nail Technology Education does this...........
So what ever your product line is as an Distributor or Distributor/Educator........if the education sucks then so does the Technicians Hazzard awareness and Safe Product Application Skill..................And getting this Education is down to each Technician themselfs.......WE can't hold everybodys hand, we can only offer them help and education, it's up to each person themself to make sure they get the best training there is, covering all aspects of the industry........
Including Health and Safety.................
As they say..........you can lead a horse to water.....but a pencil must be lead............

TTFN from London

My words were [/U]IF YOU think the nail industry is a dangerous place to be in.
I dont and L&P is here to stay, So you better believe it.
I sense that these posts by you are nothing more then sour grapes by you.

its way past my bed time !but this is thrilling im ment to be going for gel training next week with the brand we are nt naming!!!!!

Why sour grapes.....

I think we've all learnt things from these posts.

I know that Brisa is an imitation that has taken 5 years to copy something else...... and you, well I will leave that to you.

As to the L & P thing, L & P in Europe is only about 15 % of the market....and they are circa 10 years ahead of us and 20 yrs ahead of the states.:eek:

lesley1965 said:
My words were [/U]IF YOU think the nail industry is a dangerous place to be in.
I dont and L&P is here to stay, So you better believe it.
I sense that these posts by you are nothing more then sour grapes by you.

I for one cannot devote any more time to this. My last words ...
Someone is looking stupid and it is not us.
This guy is having way too much fun trying to score cheap shots, but he has well met his match and he knows it.
He contradicts himself and does U turns and is enjoying our reaction.
People who are scared or jealous always react this way. Pathetic really.

L&P, wraps and gels will be around for years to come and Brisa was not meant to and certainly will not 'take over' or oust Creative's fabulous, safe and beautiful L&P systems. We are entitled to choices and we will make them to suit our varied clients and their wishes and our own circumstances.
To add to our collegue's limited knowledge about all things nails .... Doug Schoon was invited to write the book on Nail Structure and product Chemistry as the nail technician's thirst for more knowledge was there ... try getting into one of his lectures!! Milady are constantly asking for Doug's input for their training books.
Don't tar everyone else with your cynical (and talk about brainwashed ????)brush .... We can stand our corner as has been demonstrated in the last 2 days.
25 years of nails and as far as I know and as far as the FDA are concerned .. no one has yet dropped off their perch because of using unsafe nail products. We should according to our not-so-learned friend be seeing hundreds of lawsuits against nail company's for these 'dangerous products' ... what utter pifflle. This company has NEVER won in a court of law on any point against Creative ... and they have tried hard believe me ... ask our German distributor!

Whoops one more thing --- our new technology is patented ... they don't grant patents to 'copy' products. That is what patents are for, to protect against copies. You know nada about Brisa or the technology behind the product. But yo soon will.

Adios, so long,good night and good bye ...

As this thread has now gone over the 1000 views I can safely say its created the biggest vein of interest ever on this site in the shortest time.

So I will sign off and bid u adieu......

ps.

Some have decided not to comment.........

I prefer that you all read all the threads and make your own minds up, anyway.

Roll on the non-soak off, nonacrlic gels, especially the ones with 70& less dust and the one thing that may be hard to fabricate....the totally natural look and feel.

But you know what the say....imitation is the highest form of flattery.

See I managed to do all this and not have to insult anyone.....whoops....own goal babe.......something ringing true somewhere.

Why do you need this Brisa then?

Nice publicity for the launch for Brisa Gel ... many thanks for that. Everyone will want to see it now on the stand at Olympia!!

All who know me, know that I say it like it is. I think you have done a better job insulting yourself than I could ever have done.

Had to have the last word didn't I? :green:

geeg said:
L&P, wraps and gels will be around for years to come and Brisa was not meant to and certainly will not 'take over' or oust Creative's fabulous, safe and beautiful L&P systems. We are entitled to choices and we will make them to suit our varied clients and their wishes and our own circumstances.
This product will enhance the world of CND..............
It will just add another top notch product to their lines of fab products!!!!!

Yep, you are spot on most of them do lack a good rounded education in H & S ( and not one given by a anil company...) Been to an average nail course recently....not a CND one....
Well that says it all really!!!!!!!! Try the CND one!!!!!!!!! Or do a conversion course, that includes all aspects of good and sound Product knowledge and usage!!!!!!!!!!!
Over and out!!!!!!!!!!
TTF from London

geeg said:
Nice publicity for the launch for Brisa Gel ... many thanks for that. Everyone will want to see it now on the stand at Olympia!!

Cant wait for olympia, If other companies are so worried about the launch of Brisa Gel. It will sure be a hit
Like all your other lines it will be the BEST

On the contrary, thank-you Gigi and the lads in the States. I am just sorry you had to cover for the last five years, it would have helped if u had had a good gel earlier.

You've just vindicated our concept and strategy and finnally killed the L&P argument forever.

So that means Brisa, LCN and alessandro will dominate the UK industry in the future. I presume we can all live with that. You have 33%, Nic can have 33% and alessandro gets 34% :biggrin:

I can live with a direct product comparison....did I mention one of the above companies does free training......:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back