lash application questions.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylipgloss

Reaction score
Hi all, i've only just had my training and practised on a few of friends. One had curly lashes so i used c lashes and found these bonded ok but today my lady had very straight lashes so i used J curl. I found this set really frustrating as i couldnt seem to get the whole lash to bond the whole way down as the tip of the clients lashes was way to straight. They also often ended up being stuck onto the gel pad.

Also did an audrey sweep on someone else but they looked really messy. If i had been doing a full set i would have used 9's and 11's (lashes were short) i used 11's for the sweep but i think they looked too long compared to the rest of the clients own natural lashes. Should i have just gone with the 9's on the ends so they blended with clients own lashes more?

Finally, I am finding it REALLY hard to isolate. Does this get easier? I have only done 3 sets and am wondering if i will ever be confident or good enough to start charging. Did anyone else feel like this??

Any advice would be much appreciated! :):)

Hi all, i've only just had my training and practised on a few of friends. One had curly lashes so i used c lashes and found these bonded ok but today my lady had very straight lashes so i used J curl. I found this set really frustrating as i couldnt seem to get the whole lash to bond the whole way down as the tip of the clients lashes was way to straight. They also often ended up being stuck onto the gel pad.

Also did an audrey sweep on someone else but they looked really messy. If i had been doing a full set i would have used 9's and 11's (lashes were short) i used 11's for the sweep but i think they looked too long compared to the rest of the clients own natural lashes. Should i have just gone with the 9's on the ends so they blended with clients own lashes more?

Finally, I am finding it REALLY hard to isolate. Does this get easier? I have only done 3 sets and am wondering if i will ever be confident or good enough to start charging. Did anyone else feel like this??

Any advice would be much appreciated! :):)

Hiya

Do you know what the mantra of an eyelash technician is? practice practice practice :lol: It WILL get easier for you to isolate the lashes but it takes a lil while and loads of practice.

On the Audrey Hepburn sweep, even if the client has short lashes I personally would have used the 11 on the outer blended with 11 and 9 then ended up just using the 9 just past the centre of the eye, I have found you cant "just" do the outer you need to blend into the middle of the eye otherwise it looks a bit odd.

On the J lash with straight lashes, when I was taught, it was explained to me that you may not be able to get the whole lash to bond all the way from root end to tip but as long as the majority is bonded at the root end this should be fine, the same goes with the C curl and lashes that arent very curly. In an ideal world its great to have a root to tip bond but not always possible. You could always use a little bit of detacked tape to pull the eyelid up slightly to keep the lashes off of the pads when the lashes are really straight, place the tape on the eyelid and attach it to just over the eyebrow.

Hope that all makes sense and helps.

Blinkin Gorgeous

I have not got the wealth of experience of some of the fantastic Lashes on here, but I was told not too worry too much if you dont get a full bond all the way up the lash to the tip provided your base has a good bond & you can attach as much of the donor lash to the natural lash as poss then thats the best you can hope for, have you been shown taping of the upper lid to lift the upper lash line a bit so that the lashes arnt too close to your gel pads? I am sure someone else with lots more experience than me will come along and perhaps give you a few more tips on how to overcome this.

There is a Lash Forum which has been an amazing help to me with so many helpful wonderful experienced Lash Techs, it hold so much information well worth a visit.

www.wakeupinyourmakeup

Lol ........... blinkingorgeous I took so long you beat me to it. xx

Lol ........... blinkingorgeous I took so long you beat me to it. xx

Glitz thats sooo funny, mine took ages to type aswell really thought someone else would beat me, just shows being a typist in a previous career still comes in handy :hug:

Hi there, remember as well that if you cant get a good bond by applying to the top of the lash, you can apply to the side or underneath, wherever you can get the best bond xxx
Dont get frustrated, you will gain in skill and technique with practise, im afraid thats the only way lol xx

hi glitz could u post that link again it doesn't appear to be working??...:)

Latest posts

Back