Lash question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nco London Gina

Reaction score
A client of ours had some lashes applied in a salon (top lashes only) and they fell out the next day !!

She paid £140 .. she also had her own lashes tinted prior to application.

The salon owner is saying the reason they fell out is because she applied mascara to the bottom lashes after she had them done and is refusing to offer to redo the lashes.

Is this normal?? Any lash experts on here to shed some light on this??

I am no lash expert of any sorts, but I'm thinking that maybe they used vaseline when they did the tint and therefore the lashes didn't bond??

Gina x

they shouldnt have just fallen off the next day, unless the client didnt wait the 48 hrs before getting them wet and used oily makeup remover that would have broken the bond, its hard enough to remove them straight away with the proper remover so the client should really speak to whoever did them for her as it could be down to the client not following after care or maybe an out of date glue??? i usually tint fair lashes prior to application and its never been a problem for clients.

thanks for that :)

the client did say she put mascara on the bottom lashes straight after having them applied. She did it in the salon and in front of the girl who did them and they never told her it would be a problem.

Do you think that is probably the cause?

The salon owner is saying that is what it is and for that reason whe won't do anything about it.

Gina x

no way should they have all come off and if that happened to me i would be back for a new set too.....
as said above it is really difficult to get them off even with the correct remover!!!!
maybe the vasaline theory is what happened??
your boss should really try to correct this though,,, i would,,, it's her rep at stake after all and at £140 a pop she needs that kind of business... x

also i apply mascara on bottom lashes all the time, straight after application and mine never come off x

No this is not normal at all,
the client applying mascara to the bottom lashes would not have caused the bonds to break down,
have all the lashes fallen out or just some of them ?
there are 3 reasons why they would all fall out or most of them fall out,
1) the therapist has not fitted them correctly so has not created the bond, this happens quite often with the untrained, they just place the extension against the lash and expect it to stick,
it does stick but not for very long at all, just a matter days if they are lucky.
2) the therapist has not cleaned the lashes fully and then primed them to remove all oils (very similar to dehydrating the nail) when they are not clean and primed fully the adhesive sits on top of the oils and slowly slides off.
3) out of date adhesive (as Kelly said) but it is really easy to see when your adhesive is going off.

One more thing i have to point out, this client should have been given a consultation, patch test and lash tint at least 24 hrs prior to her lash extension appointment,

as Kelly has pointed out other than the mascara has the client followed the rest of the after care (was she given any aftercare advise) oil based make up remover will break down the bond but unless she has soaked her eyes in it for an hour or so it would not remove them that quick,
they are little blighters to remove with the remover when fitted correctly,

this is a wild guess now but is the person trained in lash extensions, she may have bought lashes and adhesive from local wholesaler and thought she would have a go,
and probable ended up with the wrong adhesive, if she has used the adhesive for the cluster lashes they wont last long at all,

i do think the person in the salon should try a lot harder to work out why they have come off so quick rather than blaming the mascara that was applied to the bottom lashes, hth :hug:

no way should they have all come off and if that happened to me i would be back for a new set too.....
as said above it is really difficult to get them off even with the correct remover!!!!
maybe the vasaline theory is what happened??
your boss should really try to correct this though,,, i would,,, it's her rep at stake after all and at £140 a pop she needs that kind of business... x

also i apply mascara on bottom lashes all the time, straight after application and mine never come off x

It's not my boss - these were done in another salon, not ours - we only do nails and she is a client in our nail salon

No this is not normal at all,
the client applying mascara to the bottom lashes would not have caused the bonds to break down,
have all the lashes fallen out or just some of them ?
there are 3 reasons why they would all fall out or most of them fall out,
1) the therapist has not fitted them correctly so has not created the bond, this happens quite often with the untrained, they just place the extension against the lash and expect it to stick,
it does stick but not for very long at all, just a matter days if they are lucky.
2) the therapist has not cleaned the lashes fully and then primed them to remove all oils (very similar to dehydrating the nail) when they are not clean and primed fully the adhesive sits on top of the oils and slowly slides off.
3) out of date adhesive (as Kelly said) but it is really easy to see when your adhesive is going off.

One more thing i have to point out, this client should have been given a consultation, patch test and lash tint at least 24 hrs prior to her lash extension appointment,

as Kelly has pointed out other than the mascara has the client followed the rest of the after care (was she given any aftercare advise) oil based make up remover will break down the bond but unless she has soaked her eyes in it for an hour or so it would not remove them that quick,
they are little blighters to remove with the remover when fitted correctly,

this is a wild guess now but is the person trained in lash extensions, she may have bought lashes and adhesive from local wholesaler and thought she would have a go,
and probable ended up with the wrong adhesive, if she has used the adhesive for the cluster lashes they wont last long at all,

i do think the person in the salon should try a lot harder to work out why they have come off so quick rather than blaming the mascara that was applied to the bottom lashes, hth :hug:

Very helpful - thank you

This is third hand obviously, but my client tells me the whole lot came out the next day and no aftercare leaflet

No idea about the patch test - I don't think so

I will relay this info to my client - she asked me if I could find out if there was any reason why they would all come out next day like that.

Obviously she is not happy she paid £140 - it is a lot and to be honest if they had been done in my salon (not that we do lashes!!) I would have definately sorted this out for her without question.

Gina x

Hi

I applied my lashes with out of date adhesive (because I was a complete doughnut !!! ) once and they all fell off. But my adhesive was seriously out of date !(it was over a year old)

I knew there was a problem with it though as the lashes were sticking and then unattaching themselves almost as soon as I had done them. It sounds like the same thing has happened to your client.

I did replace them free of charge with new adhesive but it only took 2 days max for them all to fall out when I used the out of date adhesive.

Hope that helps but she should get them sorted for free.

Lisa

Very helpful - thank you

This is third hand obviously, but my client tells me the whole lot came out the next day and no aftercare leaflet

No idea about the patch test - I don't think so

I will relay this info to my client - she asked me if I could find out if there was any reason why they would all come out next day like that.

Obviously she is not happy she paid £140 - it is a lot and to be honest if they had been done in my salon (not that we do lashes!!) I would have definately sorted this out for her without question.

Gina x
Gina I agree with what has already been said. I don't think the lashes should have just fallen out like that. The lashes I apply are only garanteed as aone off for a party, but if they stay on longer, eg. a week the this is a bonus for the client.... but then I charge less than a tenner. Any oily eye make-up remover could contribute to loosening the lashes.

However, at £140 I would certainly NOT be impressed to lose my lashes so quickly. Ask your client if a 24hr lash tint patch test was done, because if it was not, then this is incorrect procedure and she may be able to take issue with this at the salon. She has a right to ask to see the patch test form immediately which should have been discussed with her along with any untoward reactions of itchiness, burning etc....

I know you are acting as third party here, but if you really don't feel your client is one to complain constantly about any tiny thing, then she may be able get the salon to see sense this way. Clients can push the boundaries, but then so can stubborn, unprofessional, unhelpful therapists/salons.

I normally do a patch test and tint / perm lashes if required a week before lashes appointment i charge £20 for the consultation and deduct it from the cost of the lashes, that is how most others should be doing this, I have on occasion for my sister tinted her lashes and applied the flirties on the same day (although i told her it may not be a good idea) and her lashes didnt fall off.

I really think its to do with the technicians workmanship in attaching the lash and securing the bond or the glue, also she may not have used a sealant although some companies dont use a sealant or a primer so cant really blame that.

tell the client to take it up with the therapist that applied them, if it was me i would def be offering to fix the problem as she isnt going to recommend anyone else and will poss cause me loss of business.

Latest posts

Back