Lash Starter Kit - Do I need a sponge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberley*

Reaction score
Hello :)

I bought a starter semi permanent lash kit from eyelash emporium, came today, seems fab, u get lots for your money, the only thing it didnt come with is the sponge that u place the lashes on before u apply them. Do i really need one? Or could i use something else, maybe like a make up sponge??

Also the glue seems quite runny compared to the ones i used before? is that ok or should it be quite gloopy?

Thanks

For me, I have never got on with the sponge. I find it makes the lashes bounce all over the place! As for the adhesives, there are lots of differant brands etc available, all with differant consistency. Im sure your one is fine, but if worried, call the supplier to ask:hug:

The sponge is just a tool to place the eyelashes. The bounce allows you to flick and pick up in the correct position. It's a personal preference.

Another method to organise your lashes is to use 3m transpore tape. Take a piece of transpore tape, stick the ends together to make a ring and then stick in down flat somewhere. Take lashes and stick them in a row.

When you are ready to work. I take the whole strip of transpore tape with the lashes and stick it onto the back of my hand. This way the lashes are all ready to grab in the correct position.

Have been trained to apply semi permanent lash extensions ?

yes i have, i used the sponge during my training but bought a kit elsewhere, that didnt include one. just wondered if i really needed one...x

Hi. its totally up to you if you want to use a sponge, some people find it easier to work straight from the pots of lashes.

you know where i am if you need anything.

x:hug:

sorry I forgot to add that you could try using one of the make up sponges that you can get.

hth

I would caution working from the pots as you shouldn't be touching other lashes as you could be contaminating them if using the same pot for all clients. I have worked from the sponge but I prefer to use other methods. I find they bounce too much on the sponges.

I agree that the puff makes the lashes bounce around too much and sometimes you pick up bits of fluff at the same time.
I either use the tape method or I have a silicon pad which I place on the clients forehead and put the lashes on there-they are really easy to pick up from that.
Alternatively, I use the lash strips.
hth's
x

ok thanks everyone and emma i have replied to ur message on facebook :) xx

Latest posts

Back