late night treatments..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work during the school hours, have a bit of time with the kids and then take clients in the evening from 7.30 (which is about what time the OH gets home to take over bedtime duties). Sometimes 1, sometimes 2 clients in the evening. I have been known to work till 10 - 10.30 but I'd sooner not. Can't have it all though, I love the way I can fit the job round the family so not grumbling (well maybe a little :lol: )

Remember- if you book too late then how are you supposed to geek at night???????

...Which is probably why im geeking right now at 1.20 am...LOL

Ditto to all of the above, and this system works brilliantly for me.

When I first started out I would work every hour under the sun and always tried to fit people in 'out of hours' if they couldn't make my normal opening times or if they wanted a last minute appointment. After a while, I found the problem with being too flexible is that some clients can reach a point where they expect you to drop everything at the drop of a hat and work late for them all the time, which can quickly lead to exhaustion and resentment. I accept full responsibility for that (of course I always had the right to say 'no' ), but after more than a few cold dinners I decided to implement the same system as Carl.

So you can book my regular, advertised late night appointments in advance to ensure availability of your chosen slot, or you can pay a surcharge for an appointment outside of my regular opening times. Everyone wins, and I even have extra cash in my pocket to buy a takeout on the way home - no more cold dinners for me (although it's doing nothing good for my waistline)! :lol:
That's a fab way of working Andy.....one day....at the moment I work late nights Weds and Thurs until I finish.....usually not after 9pm.....when the kids are off school I do more evening appointments simply because I can't do days.

I put till late ive stayed till 10 oclock before now neva again!

This is a diffcult one - when starting out in business you some times need to be flexible and do these anti social hours to build up your client base.

When your have a full client data base you can then perhaps to be alittle choosy!

I know that some poeple cant always pick and chose these anti social hours but it can make a difference.

For me it depends on what treatment they want, if they are a regular then I bend my rules. For instance, I had a wedding party to do last weekend and worked on the mother of the bride and 2 bridesmaides until 10pm on the Fri eve and then I did the brides nails at 9am on the Sunday morning at my home as a favour as she also wanted gift vouchers for 3 members of the bridal party. The whole package came to quite a lot of money and in situations like that you have to take the work when you are self employed. All three ladies were very happy and I know that they will re-book for treatments in the future.

Generally though I work Monday to Friday 10 til 7pm. Last appointment for nails 7pm, waxing 7pm, Spray Tanning 8pm (will do up to 9pm at my home only).
I don't work Saturdays as a rule, but make exceptions for regulars and they will come to my house. I don't feel the need to be working on a Saturday as I often work 2 or 3 late evenings to compensate. Saying that, I don't really mind working outside hours within reason as long as they don't mind coming to my house. I've had the odd client come to my home at 8.00am for a tan or wax and at 10pm. But again, they have been regulars and you do bend the rules for good clients.

Im starting as i mean to go on (i say starting, Im into my 4th year now! lol), IMO theres no point being flexible to start with if your not going to be able to accomodate all those clients in the long run! yes it gets money in your pocket st that moment in time, but how miffed are the clients going to be when you say to them "sorry, you cant have your usual slot because ive decided to stop working then". I can just imagine!! PLUS I dont want to work all hours under the sun, im 22, i want to enjoy my youth!

The latest i will work is 9pm, and thats a rarity. I have 2 late nights, tue and thur, till about 7 or 8. But I dont start till 1 or 2pm. And if someones already booked for the morning then i only work till 5 or 6. I only work 6-7 hours a day if i can help it. As i start seeing things after that! lol. unfortunately in busy times i get stuck with 10 hour days, but ho hum, its all money in the bank at the end of the day!

=]

Im starting as i mean to go on (i say starting, Im into my 4th year now! lol), IMO theres no point being flexible to start with if your not going to be able to accomodate all those clients in the long run! yes it gets money in your pocket st that moment in time, but how miffed are the clients going to be when you say to them "sorry, you cant have your usual slot because ive decided to stop working then". I can just imagine!! PLUS I dont want to work all hours under the sun, im 22, i want to enjoy my youth!

The latest i will work is 9pm, and thats a rarity. I have 2 late nights, tue and thur, till about 7 or 8. But I dont start till 1 or 2pm. And if someones already booked for the morning then i only work till 5 or 6. I only work 6-7 hours a day if i can help it. As i start seeing things after that! lol. unfortunately in busy times i get stuck with 10 hour days, but ho hum, its all money in the bank at the end of the day!

=]
Well I'm 38 with 3 kids so I've done the youth thing, it wasn't that brilliant on reflection, although it was at the time:hug: ....I had a well paid job which I left after my children and started my nail business....so I will do what I have to do to get my money in the bank and build my business....food on the table and all that....until perhaps when I am in your position again and my kids are all grown up .... if you have children one day, you're priorities might change!:hug:

if you have children one day, you're priorities might change!:hug:

yeah definately, but ill be older then and will have no youth to enjoy lol. Im making the most of life and free time and spare cash while i can. Id hate to be rolling in it but have no time to enjoy all that hard earned cash. And i dont even mean going out boozing, cuz thats not my thing, i like going places and seeing stuff and SHOPPING! lol.

I have worked up until midnight before, a client wanting a simple rebalance and when she turned up I noticed she had glued nails back on herself, painted over and over and over her nails with different coloured polishes, it turned into a soak off, new set (glitter) and then nail art.

I try not to work after 8:30 if I can help it!!

Teri x:hug:

yeah definately, but ill be older then and will have no youth to enjoy lol. Im making the most of life and free time and spare cash while i can. Id hate to be rolling in it but have no time to enjoy all that hard earned cash. And i dont even mean going out boozing, cuz thats not my thing, i like going places and seeing stuff and SHOPPING! lol.
And so you should! I guess different people have different wants and needs!

i am mobile and only work evenings/weekends, most of my appointments are booked between 7-8pm but if i am doing a ladies nail party they can go on until 11pm or even a bit later.

flexibility is the key to success!

xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back