late night treatments..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Tech

Pampered Princess
Reaction score
Evening All!

When planing your late night treatment nights how late do you work?My website and fliers say I could do until 8.00 but how late would you do.

Any Advice very welcome.

Many Thanks! :hug:

I have a regular 6 and 8pm slot every night - Mon - Thursday so sometimes I dont finish until after 9.30pm.

You need to be flexible IMO as most people who want to afford to have their nails done have jobs in the day.

I agree with Naturalnails, you need to be flexible Sarah! I will work the hours that suit my clients, and if it so happens that I have a client that cannot arrive till 9 ish then so be it.
Alot of people nowadays dont have 9-5 jobs, so like to have evening appointments to fit their work schedule.

I wouldnt specify times tbh, I would say something like evening appointments available! hth's xx

i personally wouldnt book anyone in after 8pm.

I think finishing at 9.30 is plenty late enough to expect someone to want to work.

ITs up to you at the end of the day, how much enthusiasm and motivation you have later on into the evening !

I have worked until midnight on a friday night before now and i would do it again if i had to. My last appointment is 8.30pm.

I am at my salon from 9am to 8pm or later if need be, not fuuly booked at the mo but i tend to get morning appointments and evening appointments ,leaving me bored for the afternoon hth

i dont have set times , i just say i am flexible, but my usual time to do a final client is about 8 pm :green:

I try to finish by 8 but sometimes it is 9ish.

I've worked til midnight, I have 3 clients at one address, they don't finish til 6pm, so I tend to do them one after the other.

I work flexible hours but tend to book last appt at 7.30pm.

Ju x

I personally wouldn't book later than 8pm, but then saying that i worked till 10pm on Saturday - but it was a one off Bride, and Mother of the Bride, and a bridesmaid.

I think that a 9.30 finish is late enough for me - i work full time, so any later than that and it's getting daft.

I think when you are starting out and trying to build up your clients you really need to be flexible.
I work round my clients and most of them are happy to come to me before 8pm but if they cant then I would do whatever time suits them.
Once I am up and going with my Salon then I would consider changing my times but as I am a big softy and find it hard to say no then I would imagine nothing will change:lol:

I finally got into bed at 2 in the morning one saturday. It wasn't ideal but I had nothing to do the next day. It had only began as one set of l & p but turned into a friend and two sets of toes. £30 became £100 so was worth it. I find I have to go the extra mile sometimes as I work full time so if I don't get things done it may be a week before I can see someone. Sometimes it pays to be flexible. Its most important to get the clients.

I work up to 10pm Tues wed and thur, 8pm friday .:)

My salon is open untill 6pm Mon, Tues, Fri and Sat, and untill 8pm Wed and Thurs - My late appointment slots are always booked up at least a week in advance too :) - I am very flexible though, and do tend to work around my clients needs.

i work until 7pm, then add a surcharge to work later (as with my days off) , often if you are more flexible, work later, outside normal hours and charge extra for the privilege you can earn quite good money for thinking (and working) outside the square.

I finally got into bed at 2 in the morning one saturday. It wasn't ideal but I had nothing to do the next day. It had only began as one set of l & p but turned into a friend and two sets of toes. £30 became £100 so was worth it. I find I have to go the extra mile sometimes as I work full time so if I don't get things done it may be a week before I can see someone. Sometimes it pays to be flexible. Its most important to get the clients.

dont u just love it when that happens!!! tiring though, has happened to me a few times.

Sarah - i try to finish around 8ish (one client a night starting 6ish) but now its lighter nights i tend to do 2 appointments - one long and one short in one night - ie full set/rebalance and a toe nail paint etc xx

Late nights are alwaus a bonus and clients do like it,especially if they are "white collar workers!"

I work every day till 8 or 9 pm week days.
I used to open sundays but found this wasnt working as some clients had family or different matters to attent to.
Hope your late night appointments work out well for you.:)

I take clients 3 evenings a week. I don't start later than 7pm if it is a full set as I still can take two hours and I start to go bug eyed.:eek:

i work until 7pm, then add a surcharge to work later (as with my days off) , often if you are more flexible, work later, outside normal hours and charge extra for the privilege you can earn quite good money for thinking (and working) outside the square.

Ditto to all of the above, and this system works brilliantly for me.

When I first started out I would work every hour under the sun and always tried to fit people in 'out of hours' if they couldn't make my normal opening times or if they wanted a last minute appointment. After a while, I found the problem with being too flexible is that some clients can reach a point where they expect you to drop everything at the drop of a hat and work late for them all the time, which can quickly lead to exhaustion and resentment. I accept full responsibility for that (of course I always had the right to say 'no' ), but after more than a few cold dinners I decided to implement the same system as Carl.

So you can book my regular, advertised late night appointments in advance to ensure availability of your chosen slot, or you can pay a surcharge for an appointment outside of my regular opening times. Everyone wins, and I even have extra cash in my pocket to buy a takeout on the way home - no more cold dinners for me (although it's doing nothing good for my waistline)! :lol:

Thank you for all your lovely replies I'm very grateful for all your great advice.

Many Thanks! :hug:

Latest posts

Back