Late paying client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytint

Reaction score
So i did a clients nails a few weeks ago and i didn't have any change on me, so i took the money she had and said i will text the 10 pound of her next bill for her infills....

Now she has text me today asking if i can still do her nails tomorrow but if she can pay me on friday as she doesnt get get money till then- also stating "like i paid you early"

What do i do about this scenario then!? she only needs to pay 12 pound!

I'd be inclined to reply that you can only fit her in on Friday anyway as you are busy with clients, so Friday will be fine to pay you at your appointment :)

If the situation arises again that you don't have any change, then go and get some immediately and give it back to them straight away. Or just make sure you have enough change on you in the first place. I'd hate being held over a barrel like this.

Sarah. xx

I'd be inclined to reply that you can only fit her in on Friday anyway as you are busy with clients, so Friday will be fine to pay you at your appointment :)Sarah. xx

Thanks Sarah, but she was already booked in for tomorrow!

any other ideas......?
she's waiting for me to text her back and i dont know what to say lol

I think cos of what happened before you will have to honour thus but make sure you get paid Friday and do not do this again. I think you will have to make sure next time you can give her change so she doesn't make a habit of paying late x

Oh, I didn't realise that!

Sorry hunny, don't know then :( I suppose just suck it up this time, or ask her to write out a cheque, that way, by the time you bank it and it's clear, she will have been paid :)

Sarah. x

i would be inclined to say your books need to tally with appointment diary per week and you go to the bank fri first thing so your happy to change her appointment to friday as it will all tally or she will need to come to her appointment with full payment. As previously mentioned i would make sure you tot up appointment cost and then take change incase you need it.

Hope this helps

Emily

HELP !!!!!!!!! she was supposed to drop off the money she owed me today and she hasn't.... now what do i do?!!

have you tried contacting her, I would ring her and ask whats happening NOW!

have you tried contacting her, I would ring her and ask whats happening NOW!

Yeah i just rang her 5 mins ago and asked when she was bringing it as its getting late and she said she totally forgot to text me that she wasn't able to get a lift down and can she drop it off tomorrow! i just know she wont i'm so annoyed... she should have found another way to get it to me if she couldn't get a lift off her mum- public transport maybe! its just not even a good enough reason is it!?

Can you not go round to her house NOW, and say "as you havent payed me the money you owe me, I have come round to get it" Or phone her now, do 141 first so she doesnt know its you or she might not answer the phone!
Is it still £12 she owes you?
If you do go round to her house take change with you £13 incase she gives you £15 or £20 so you can give her the change. You dont want her to say "I only have £20"
Keep us posted! xxxxx

Does she live far from you?
Even if it is a few miles away I would drive to her now! x

Can she not just transfere the money into your account? Most people do online banking these days x

Last edited:
i've already rang her now and agreed to her bringing it tomorrow, if she doesnt i will have to go round tomorrow i guess..... i think its ridiculous because why shoul i have to chase clients for money they owe me! i will never again do ANY treatments unless a client can pay me the same day! so furious!

I bet you are - I feel for you!
I cant believe the cheek of the client!!! x

so just to update you all, i have just text this client to ask what time she's dropping the money off today and she text back saying shes been having a bit of trouble, so can i collect it on monday! i text back saying i will collect it now then as i need it to tally up with my accounts and she said thats the prob tho the money is in the bank and shes had family stuff going on and asked again if i can get it monday. so i said "you wouldnt walk out of tesco without paying as that would be theiving and you are doing the same thing.i have provided a service for you and you havent paid. if i dont get the money by monday i will be forced to go the small claims court. i'm running a business not a charity. I'm sure you understand this"
shes just text back saying shes really sorry shes had an awful weekend and i will get it monday!

We'll see hey!

Roll on Monday!
You worded that very well, good comparison with tesco shopping thing too :)

Lol thanks and thanks so much for listening and your support :) I'll keep you posted xxx:hug:

Any news yet Milly? xx

Hope we find out if Milly got her cash back :irked:

Hi geeks i got the money today! i had to go get it myslef but hey at least i got it! i kinda feel quite bad now coz i feel i've been quite nasty lol but who knows if i hadn't of i may not have ever got that money i was owed! Now i am just wondering if she will cancel her next appointment... we can only wait and see lol xxx

Latest posts

Back