Leaflet Dropping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim-Sparkle

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what your take on door to door leaflet dropping is. I can remember a post ages ago where someone said it was a waste of time and money. Just curious if it has actually worked for anyone??

Because I've got 2,500 leaflets printed up just sittng in a box and im struggling what to do with them if i dont do door to door dropping.

I do spray tanning by the way, so i'll have to stay away from salons who do spray tanning themselves i guess.

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed, thanks!

I got some vista print business cards done up and posted quite a few and have gained some customers from that. I was worried they wouldnt get noticed as the were so small but it definately worked.
Everything is worth a go! Go for it! Good luck :)
xxx

TBH i think it depends it didnt work for me but ive only done about 1000 now but not had one call yet others may have done well from it guess it just depends but i find my main source of enquirys is via my website as these days most people have computers and justs search goggle for what they want:biggrin:

Geeks have different views on leaflet drops, some have had a good response and others haven't...I think anything is worth a go, even if it only gets you one client you can then get new clients via them through refer a friend offers

Give it a go! Good luck!!

xx

have a look at the SEARCH button, we have had a few discussions about this in the past and its come up with some interesting and ingenious suggestions, plus stats.:up:

I would go for it ... if youve already got them printed then youve got nothing to loose.I did a big leaflet drop around my village and surrounding villages when i started and thats how i gained all of initial clients.Then word of mouth starts to happen after that.If i hadnt done the leaflet drop id would have no clients though.You could also laminate some of your leaflets and put them up as posters on free public information boards, drs surgerys, local schools ects.hth xx

Hi hun :

As has been said, it works for some but not others. I think the key is to have several drops to the same areas, so if you have 2500 leaflets then post 500 (on a Sunday), the next week drop another 500 to the same areas, then the following week....... you get my drift :biggrin:

Apparently people have to see your advert at least 7 times to actually do something about it.

Good luck and get out there, people won't know you're there if they stay in the box and what else would you do with 2500 leaflets you've spent good money on!

xx

i did a 150 leaflet drop last Friday and soon as i got home the phone rang and it was for a booking from the last card i posted and she said she has lots of friends who would be interested.
If you have the leaflets you might has well get them posted and get fit in the process:lol: good luck ..xx

Thanks for your replies....
I will check out the other posts if I can find them. I guess your all right, in that I need to just get out there and start doing it coz they arn't earning me any money sitting in their box

I bet i'll never wanna see another letter box ever again after this!!!! lol

hmm.... wonder if i can bribe some kids into doing it :biggrin:

Lol, be careful trusting kids to do it...

Just an idea.... I get lots of leaflets through my door every day, mainly takeaway menus and taxis. I walk to the door, pick them up, back to the kitchen, into the recycling. Having said that, if they were something else, like a beauty pricelist, I may cast my eye over.

But if you have a local parish magazine that comes through your door (these are often little A5 magazines) you can probably pay to have your leaflet dropped with the magazine. That way, maybe the recipient will take more notice? Just a thought.

However, if you have time on your hands, you may as well get on the hoof and deliver them yourself. You could be selective which roads you target too.

Latest posts

Back