Leaking Spray Tan Pots..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with the spare cups that come with Maximist leaking while travelling?

I have done up the lids so tight that I almost struggle to undo them again and still they leak! :irked: I am mobile and I can't have solution leaking out all over my bag and everything inside it... If you have had this problem how did you solve it?

I assume they are designed for transporting? Can't see the reason for having them otherwise? I thought about taking bottles of solution out with me but this seems to defeat the object of having the spare cups and I would have to pour the solution back into the bottles at the clients house or it would leak out on the way home!

Help!

Glad you posted this, i have the same problem and i'm interested in anything that can help solve this.

In the meantime - this helps a little but isn't ideal, i use a box lid inside my bag to stand the cups up in while they're in the bag. Still get leakage - probably from when the bag is lifted at one side to roll along and when tilting the cup for a second as i pull away at the ankles.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Glad i'm not the only one to be having this problem!!

Hope there is someone with a solution (excuse the pun!) to the problem!

try closing your spray flow valve. the one you turn to spray more or less, turn it cockwise fully so it is closed. x

I'm talking about the ones that come with lids that you can use to take other % of solution out with you.... closing the valve wont stop them leaking lol...it comes out from the thread and runs down the cups...it's infuriating!

I'm mobile and take all my different solution strengths with me in a cool bag. I then decant the right liquid each time and use a funnel to put any remaining liquid back.

I have a problem with the cups leaking when tanning and a friend suggested trying some vaseline around the washer. This might work around the bottle lids too. HTH

I'm talking about the ones that come with lids that you can use to take other % of solution out with you.... closing the valve wont stop them leaking lol...it comes out from the thread and runs down the cups...it's infuriating!

Oh so you mean you are carrying solution around in cup with lid on? not attached to machine? I find if there is air in there it will leak or if you not tightened it properley I open mine and pput on the wrong way first turning clockwise then feel for the runner and turn anticlockwise,,,iygwim. x

yes that's what I mean... ok I will try that and see if it makes any difference?..

What I do ( and it works ) screw the lid on a little then unscrew it fully not taking off the cup then screw it back on again this seems to cause some kind of suction, I don't have the problem now :)

so that is kind of like burping the bottles lol, I will give it a go...x

I had a go with some bottles here to see if they leaked and they do drip a little when shook up :irked: even though i really tightened them i think the problem is with that the 2 holes in the lid gaskets that allow you to use the them as spare gaskets for your gun,the solution possibly gets behind the lid gasket and drips down the thread inside the lid, I have stuck a small square of water proof duck tape over the holes and a light greasing of vaseline on the cup lip PROBLEM SOLVED !! :lol:

Fantastic, thanks Steve, will give this a try :D

I had he same problem with my minimist leaking while spraying. Apart from being really messy, its a huge waste of solution. I put some electrical tape (you know the colored sticky tape) around the outside rim of the pot where the grooves are. You need to wrap it really tightly around once or twice ensuring that the lid will still twist on. It seems to re-reinforce the seal. I'm sure this would work for your spare cups.
Mandy

Cool! Thanks for those tips, will give all these things a try :green:

Yes Steve, even though I try to be careful with them, they must get a bit shook up in the car or something as there is always solution all over the lids and down the cups by the time I arrive...

Latest posts

Back