Leighton Denny polish still wet after 4 hours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
Can anybody advise please.. I work in a spa salon where LD products are used for manicure and pedicure. Some(not all) clients are complaining that the polish is literally taking hours to dry properly and are returning with dents and ripples which have occurred hours after they have left the salon.
Base coat, two coats of colour, top coat and miracle drops were used... not experienced this with any other nail products before.
We have contacted the rep but to be honest they don't seem to be able to help.
The colours that seem to be affected are opaque.
:cry:

I found if the polish is new its fine in two thin coats, the polishes thicken really quickly and I have heard c0untless times how clients smudge nails at home hours later. Also if you try and thin the polish out with good as new it does the same thing. I had clients who brought their own polishes in esp french! I liked using them but I find they did come with probs

alot of clients tend to put on really thick layers (even if they insist they dont)
and because nail polish dries from the inside out it takes so long for one thick layer to dry where as if they did two thin coats like they are supposed to it would dry alot quicker. however some clients are stubborn and insist the way they do it is right, because they try to get it perfect with the first coat when really the second coat is the one that evens out the color. so the best thing is to advise your client that she should do as thin of a coat as she can and maybe purchase some miracle drops if she is impatient.

I always say to clients that a polish is not completely smudge proof for 24 hours and so they need to be careful until then. So many expect it to be perfect in an hour and as we know it just isn't!!!!

In the salon i work in they use Leighton Denny products aswel, I've never had this problem when using miracle drops but sometimes we do not use the Leighton Denny top coat we use Seche fast drying top coat and within 5mins its touch dry, personally I love it and if I new about it sooner i would have used it all along.
I know you are suppose to use the same products and Leighton Denny probably insist in you using their top coat but it really does work wonders.

A

x

hey
i have got some LD varnishes and i think they are terrible! they went really thick and gloopy after only a few uses and now take forever to dry!! i dont them anymore and would never reccomend them i must admit! xx

If never used this polish before, but it sounds like you could have a chance of losing a lot of clientel. If your boss doesn't decide to switch your product over to something new, then I would advise you to bring you own top coat so you can keep your clients.

I would suggest Seche Vite. That's what I use on my clients and they are VERY happy. It soaks down through every layer of polish and dries it completely. (about 20mins)

You could also be applying the polish to thick?

HTH :hug:

Hey, ive used leightons products for a few years now and i havent come acrosss any probs with polishes etc.. i use his products in the salon and on lots of photo shoots with many celebs such as Scarlett Johannson, Dita Von Teese, Geri Halliwell, Jade jagger, Donna Air, Michelle Heaton who love his polishes.

You are either applying the ploish TOO thickly, shaking the polish aggresively instead of rolling it in the palm of your hands, room temperature could be a factor and inncorect storage can effect ANY polish.

Not sure what other advice i can give but myself and my clients are very happy with his products.

Pipxx

Latest posts

Back