Length of time to do a set of nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you want to section your time.
30 mins for prep, tip application and tip blending
30 mins for product application
30 mins for finishing (inc polish)
time yourself in each area to see where you need to speed up or work on

It should not take 30 mins for finishing! If it does, your application must be wrong and the nails too bulky.

Shellposer - never had a problem with the Popits. there's no reason why they should just 'pop off'. It may be down to your application of them. There's a tutorial on them on here which may help you out.

I know that I won't be working in a salon until I can do both :)

Thing is ............. until you are in a salon you will never do both.

Hi L J
I see that you offer PopIts in your salon we have also done some PopIts but we feel that when initially done they look perfect but after two weeks they look almost like stick ons & they only seem to last till the second two week infill and the clients say they will pop off really easy where as the traditional tip & overlays last longer. Any one else tried PopIts & find this ?

Shell

PopIts never pop off easily or otherwise. Neither do they look any different at all to well applied nail enhancements when used correctly.
Do you think people would be raving about them if what you are experiencing was the NORM?

My guess is that you have not done a class using PopIts but have just bought them and found your own way, so to speak. There are tips & tricks to using PopIts really successfully and I suggest a class called 'PopIt Power' is you best option.

Call 08452106060 and find out where you can learn how to use them so you can really profit by having them in your salon.

Last edited:
i did a rebalance (pink and whites) on my friend last night, im halfway through my creative l&p course and it took me 2 hours/2 and a half hours - cant remember exactly! but i was like eek this is taking forever! all the filing took ages and knackered my arm! she said about the drills you can get? i was wondering if many use these?? and can you use them in salons because ive only ever seen them in one and they have a bad rep because of using them?? :irked: x

Hi Welcome to the site Hun... As you can see you will get alot of advise on here. good luck x

i did a rebalance (pink and whites) on my friend last night, im halfway through my creative l&p course and it took me 2 hours/2 and a half hours - cant remember exactly! but i was like eek this is taking forever! all the filing took ages and knackered my arm! she said about the drills you can get? i was wondering if many use these?? and can you use them in salons because ive only ever seen them in one and they have a bad rep because of using them?? :irked: x

It's taking ages because you are learning! Before you look at getting a drill you need to perfect your brush work and your hand filing, and that can only come with experience....... At your stage of lerning you will be putting too much product on and then taking ages to file it down - that's what we all did!!! At least you've got nails still on to rebalance though - now that's a really good thing!

Seriously, efiles aren't necessarily a bad thing but you must learn your skills first. Using an efile is not a short cut.

I have more trouble with infills. I use gels and take too long to file, take off lifting etc. I don't have more than a client a week and so I have lack of practice. was thinking if its worth it buying and do training in drill since it will cost me alot to do a professional thing. so i m very confused. i m afraid if i don't speed up i will never have more clients!!

you want to section your time.
30 mins for prep, tip application and tip blending
30 mins for product application
30 mins for finishing (inc polish)
time yourself in each area to see where you need to speed up or work on

Or alternatively...you could learn to sculpt and your timings would be reduced even further (for most clients)....10 minutes prep!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back