Les Miserables

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
So who's seen it and blubbed all the way through like a baby.I don't think I've ever come out of the cinema so emotional I was a wreck.Mind you looking around so was everyone else.I just loved it.

I've seen the stage show twice, but haven't yet seen the film ... may just have to now. Thanks Gillian.

I saw it yesterday and loved it, I have seen the show 4 times. I never cry at anything but I did when valjean died I blubbed!

Only thing I didn't like was Russell Crowe singing, but the rest were great

So who's seen it and blubbed all the way through like a baby.I don't think I've ever come out of the cinema so emotional I was a wreck.Mind you looking around so was everyone else.I just loved it.
I've seen it on stage once but going again in April.Must say I enjoyed the film as much

I've seen it on stage once but going again in April.Must say I enjoyed the film as much

So did I, can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it over and over again!

Best film I've seen in a very long time - and yes, I cried pretty much the whole way through! The guy sat next to me was crying by the end, I fact you could hear sniffling throughout the cinema lol
The best thing tho which I've never seen before is when the final credits began rolling everyone starting applauding!!!!

Best film I've seen in a very long time - and yes, I cried pretty much the whole way through! The guy sat next to me was crying by the end, I fact you could hear sniffling throughout the cinema lol
The best thing tho which I've never seen before is when the final credits began rolling everyone starting applauding!!!!

That's what I wanted to do but the people of Stevenage were more reserved :).The only time I've experienced applause in a cinema was a Rocky film not sure what number,there were so many but he beat that Russian guy Drago and did a speech.

I blubbed when Fantine, Gavroche and Jean Valjean died and for 2 days afterwards! Cinema clapped and waited for the credits to finish while we all wiped away our tears! Stage show is my fave, I've lost count how many times I've seen it, amazing! I did a Les Mis workshop once and got to perform as Eponine on the Palace Theatre stage, it was a phenomenal experience.

I blubbed when Fantine, Gavroche and Jean Valjean died and for 2 days afterwards! Cinema clapped and waited for the credits to finish while we all wiped away our tears! Stage show is my fave, I've lost count how many times I've seen it, amazing! I did a Les Mis workshop once and got to perform as Eponine on the Palace Theatre stage, it was a phenomenal experience.

Crikey I bet it was,how wonderful for you.

I've been to see it twice already. Been in the stage show, and seen it so many times I've begun to hate it. But OMG the movie was amazing. Yes everyone in our cinema clapped at the end too. I cried my eyes out so much.
I was particularly proud to watch the film though as I used to be director of music for the Isle of Man and have had the fantastic pleasure of teaching Sam Barks (Eponine) singing and drama as a teenager. And working with her in many shows in the theatre. I felt like a proud mummy xx

My favourite musical, have seen it countless times and know it word for word! The movie didn't let me down, I cried from start to finish! Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman were amazing! Only dissapointment for me was that I wasn't too keen on the actor that played Marius, his voice was a bit to nasal for me! Can't wait for the DVD so I can convince my other half to watch it with me as he refused to go to the cinema to see it! :rolleyes:

Iv seen the stage show DVD, and now want to see the movie.
Is it more of a movie rather than singing all the way through? And I'm assuming its in English? Xoxo

Time there is virtually no dialogue at all, it's proper musical all the way :)

I must be very cynical and jaded because I just cannot understand why an audience would applaud in a cinema. Who are they clapping; the projectionist?!
If you want to applaud a performance why not go to a theatre show?!

Iv seen the stage show DVD, and now want to see the movie.
Is it more of a movie rather than singing all the way through? And I'm assuming its in English? Xoxo

Yes it's in English. In fact just like the stage show, they are all from London lol.
There is hardly any dialogue in it. It is still through composed just like the stage show but some bits are in a different order and have slightly different lyrics.

Um, Anne Hathaway is from the states, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe are Australian!

Don't think its for me :(

Lynne, I get over excited often and clap at anything. I clapped at pro mgonigle in Harry potter when she said "boom" and to Molly Wesley when she said "not my daughter you bitch" xoxo

Um, Anne Hathaway is from the states, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe are Australian!

And Samantha Barks is from the Isle of Man and is one of my best friends sister in law (vague claim to fame, I know lol)

I haven't seen it yet but with such an A list cast and so much money involved I'm sure it's incredible x

Ps sorry Becki just re read your posts and obviously you know Sam is Manx as you taught her lol x

Last edited:
Don't think its for me :(
You have to watch it as a movie and remember you're watching actors sing. Compared to the musical is awful but as a movie (the acting is fantastic) it's awesome xx

And Samantha Barks is from the Isle of Man and is one of my best friends sister in law (vague claim to fame, I know lol)

I haven't seen it yet but with such an A list cast and so much money involved I'm sure it's incredible x

Ps sorry Becki just re read your posts and obviously you know Sam is Manx as you taught her lol x

Haha my vague claim to fame too ;) xx
When I said they were all from London I didn't mean the actors, I meant that they all speak and sing with English/Cockney accents (although they are supposed to be french). Gavroche modelled himself in the Artful Dodger. Xx

Latest posts

Back