Let's see your tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Client wearing OMG 12% to her prom... Not happy at the white shins compared to the tanned feet... Anyone any tips on how to stop this? Its happened to a couple of my clients? Xx

And again with the quote this time.

She possibly shaved her legs with a razor with a moisturising strip. I believe this can cause that problem.

And again with the quote this time.

She possibly shaved her legs with a razor with a moisturising strip. I believe this can cause that problem.

I don't think she shaves her legs tbh.. She's only 12 and if I can remember correctly she had hairs on her legs but they were blonde... I could be wrong. And I sent a confirmation text the day before reminding them to shave or wax at least 24 hours before :( x

I don't think she shaves her legs tbh.. She's only 12 and if I can remember correctly she had hairs on her legs but they were blonde... I could be wrong. And I sent a confirmation text the day before reminding them to shave or wax at least 24 hours before :( x
She could of shaved them AFter the tans developed stripping the tan

Is that the guide colour? And how many ml did you use on him? :)

Oops yes did forget to mention it was the guide colour on that piccy :)

Actually, he left it on for ages, like 10 hours so the tan wasn't any different from the guide and was very impressed but seeing him today noticed the fadeoff could've been better, but putting that down that he's done lots of manual labour work lately (bricks, cement, etc..) I'm sure that's had a great effect on the fadeoff. :)

Also I am still a newbie and haven't trained yet (going on Friday, yippee!) so he was my guinea pig :D So I used around 75ml which is great considering I used like 150ml the first time I did it on him (and the colour wasn't as dark and it was also a Nouvatan 20%) but did last much longer... Thanks to all you Salongeeks here with great advice I've learnt to use my gun properly!!

Everyone is so nice here I feel right at home with you guys so thanks for that! I'll defo be contributing to this community lots of piccys in the future :D

Sent from my R800i using SalonGeek mobile app

Oops yes did forget to mention it was the guide colour on that piccy :)

Actually, he left it on for ages, like 10 hours so the tan wasn't any different from the guide and was very impressed but seeing him today noticed the fadeoff could've been better, but putting that down that he's done lots of manual labour work lately (bricks, cement, etc..) I'm sure that's had a great effect on the fadeoff. :)

Also I am still a newbie and haven't trained yet (going on Friday, yippee!) so he was my guinea pig :D So I used around 75ml which is great considering I used like 150ml the first time I did it on him (and the colour wasn't as dark and it was also a Nouvatan 20%) but did last much longer... Thanks to all you Salongeeks here with great advice I've learnt to use my gun properly!!

Everyone is so nice here I feel right at home with you guys so thanks for that! I'll defo be contributing to this community lots of piccys in the future :D

Ive left the fast tan on for like 15 hours lol :rolleyes: even though i was very dark, but the fade off was awful. am trying out nouvatan 20% tonight. :)

I'm sure DHA stops working after 8/9 hours so there is no point in leaving it on any longer than that.

The fade off of any really dark tan will be bad if you don't moisturise with an oil free product and then gently exfoliate after a few days to help the fade off stay even.

I'm sure DHA stops working after 8/9 hours so there is no point in leaving it on any longer than that.

The fade off of any really dark tan will be bad if you don't moisturise with an oil free product and then gently exfoliate after a few days to help the fade off stay even.

I didnt leave it on because i wanted to be as dark as possible, i left so long because i went out.... oops.... :o

I didnt leave it on because i wanted to be as dark as possible, i left so long because i went out.... oops.... :o

Haha well as long as you were good on your night out, sure you were!

He is from a hot country so his skin is used to the burning sun, the guide colour was amazing :D He was a nice shade after too just a tiny bit of orange tint tho haha .. He never moisturizes after tho, lucky for me he doesn't mind being streaky or orange if I ever went wrong I am not in trouble :-D

But his palms and feet were tangoed... I did apply ALOT of Nouvatan barrier cream so think I might use Vaseline next time and just wipe the hands with baby wipes after.. Am on my training tonight so will have MANY questions, paying £105 I have every right to have every single one answered :) I'll let all you guys know how I do (& I did request a 'free' spray tan too which of course they had no problem doing, I think it's included anyway but it'll be my first proper spray tan too so looking VERY FORWARD to it!!)

ThaNks everyone!!!

Haha well as long as you were good on your night out, sure you were!

He is from a hot country so his skin is used to the burning sun, the guide colour was amazing :D He was a nice shade after too just a tiny bit of orange tint tho haha .. He never moisturizes after tho, lucky for me he doesn't mind being streaky or orange if I ever went wrong I am not in trouble :-D

But his palms and feet were tangoed... I did apply ALOT of Nouvatan barrier cream so think I might use Vaseline next time and just wipe the hands with baby wipes after.. Am on my training tonight so will have MANY questions, paying £105 I have every right to have every single one answered :) I'll let all you guys know how I do (& I did request a 'free' spray tan too which of course they had no problem doing, I think it's included anyway but it'll be my first proper spray tan too so looking VERY FORWARD to it!!)

ThaNks everyone!!!

Just be careful if uou give a customer (in the future) a baby wipe to wipe hands... One slip n they will ruin their tan.

I know u are waiting to do your training, so let them show you the correct way to spray hands.
Also your client needs to be careful not to sleep with their hand on their body as it will rub off & can stain.

The way I spray hands no one has orange palms :) xx

ydybaban.jpg
This is Sienna X 10% spray tan was done tues.

Just got my Husband to spray me with a sample of LA fast Tan, does anyone know what % it is ? Thanks.

Just got my Husband to spray me with a sample of LA fast Tan, does anyone know what % it is ? Thanks.
LA FAST will give you a different percent tan depending on how long you keep it on.

I work on the following as a guide:

2 hours 8%
3 hours 10%
4 hours 12%
5 hours 14%
6 hours 16%
7 hours 18%
8 hours 20%

the longer you leave it the darker you will get
2hrs =8%
3hrs=10%
4hrs=12%
5hrs=14%
6hrs=16%
7hrs=18%
8hrs=20%

That's fab thanks. I had mine at 3 this afternoon so going to jump in the shower now, really looking forward to seeing how it has developed on me. I love Suntana but was a little disappointed that the After Dark was not as Dark as I expected but I love their Light Coconut for Light Tans, I can see myself stocking the Suntana 8% and then this Fast Tan for everybody else ! This is before wash off.

Attachments

• 995911_488356991244751_784607192_n.jpg
    995911_488356991244751_784607192_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 354
Remember that FAST will not give you 100% of your colour on wash off though. You will have a good amout of colour after 7 hours but the full depth of tan will show 24 hours after you were sprayed so at 3pm tomorrow :wink2:

LA FAST will give you a different percent tan depending on how long you keep it on.

I work on the following as a guide:

2 hours 8%
3 hours 10%
4 hours 12%
5 hours 14%
6 hours 16%
7 hours 18%
8 hours 20%

ha ha cant believe we answered exactly at the same time.x:)

I finished my training at Urban Bare in Leicester, wow! Paige (the trainer) and Michelle were very professional!! I had a great time :)

Now I'm spray tanning the right way, and using 40-50ml of solution.

Here's LA Tan 10%, guide color not washed off.

Will submit more soon!!

Attachments

• 1373437536602.jpg
    1373437536602.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 333
12% nouvatan

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373461263.065563.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373461263.065563.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 363
I finished my training at Urban Bare in Leicester, wow! Paige (the trainer) and Michelle were very professional!! I had a great time :)

Now I'm spray tanning the right way, and using 40-50ml of solution.

Here's LA Tan 10%, guide color not washed off.

Will submit more soon!!

Well done.. I love LA Tan, yours looks great! Did they teach you to do one coat ? 40-50ml is great going considering you we're using so much more... Go you!

Yes just one coat but I give an extra spray in some areas, we went through all theory and practical work at a pace I could really absorb the information (very friendly too!) and believe me I had alot of questions! :D

When people come out of the tent they really have a Hollywood bronzed look! LA Tan is great and looking forward to try Nouvatan :D

Latest posts

Back