Letters to the clients of the salon I have just taken over

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamcwtch

Reaction score
Hi there I have just opened my salon :biggrin: It's above a hair salon and the girl that was there really couldn't be assed any more so she went to work for somebody else.
She has left me all her client cards there must be around 300 in there, I want to write to then explaning that I'm new and wont let them down and that I have had some great Training thanks to Kim and CND, But my problem is I dont know where to start. She wasnt very consistent and i'm worried that some or a lot of those clients hadn't been going to her for a while so I really want to make a good impression. Also she was offering a loyalty thing where they had money off when they had so many treatment and was wondering if anyone offers that and if they work for them.
I hope someone could help as i really need to make a good impression.
Thank you

Hi, sending out to your clients is a great idea! rather than mention anything about the other lady focus on your great standards and enthusiasm which shows in this so clients should have no problem seeing it to. For example you could welcome them and write a short list of your promise to them such as great standards, up to date training and client care they deserve with rewards for being a loyal customer, up date your web and FB and twitter so you can refer them to all these places and this should have the same information that you are sending out to show you are consistent. offer a 20% welcome back discount and then you can greet them and win them back, follow with introduce a friend offer and over the summer you should build clients and trust again.
Good luck.

I think this is a great idea, you could offer them a discount and tell them what to expect that's different if you are doing any new treatments say. Do it as a news letter, you could say if client send you their email address you will send them monthly emails etc. good lyck

Just to add to the post, make sure your message feels very personal and caring about the clients. You may have 300 cards, but maybe the old clients liked the old lady very much and will be disappointed to know she has left. Perhaps you want to say something like 'drop in and say hello' and on their visit give 20% off their next appointment.

A introductory discount usually goes down really well, you should get a few leaflets made up with a discount coupon and leave them in local businesses like shops etc so local people will be aware of you and willing to try you out. Also if you have a free local paper a advertisment introducing yourself and your services would go down well and let people know your new. You could offer 10% discount for the 1st appointment so old and new clients alike are aware of you

Thank you so much for your help, I really will go down the route of saying they might be dissapointed that the last lady has left and explan why they should come to be with my high standards and great training. Thank you again, I will hopfully let you know if it works xx

Latest posts

Back