Life is SWEET for the UK and Ireland!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK GOD !!!!!!!!!
Glad to say I had a sneeky feeling they wouldnt cut you out of the picture - ha ha in fact quite the opposite!
I breathe a sigh of relief for things to be as they should - with great prospects for the future!!!!
All the very very best to you - I knew you wouldnt let us down!!!
Thanks for being who and what you are - the best in the business!
And OMG Wales even gets a mention !!!!!!
FANTASTIC!!!!
We're behind you all the way - show em how its done and leave em standing!!!!!!!
Bestest wishes in the world
Jayneym - your most dedicated Welsh geek ! xxx

This is so fab!!!!
I'm so happy its all sorted and its great to have such inspirational people fronting it! I'm looking forward to more training and buying my products from you! Can't wait for the new stuff!!! Good luck xxx :hug::hug::hug:

I don't know what to say other than thank you ALL so much again. Sam and I are both here at work right now sorting what needs to be done. Everything is coming together nicely and we can't wait to have everything up and running and back on track. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful customers as you all. :Love:

I managed to miss this topic, I think I've been on Mars :rolleyes:

Congratulations to you all, thats fantastic news and I'm so happy for you. I saw the site in your profile a while back Samantha but it didn't look anything like it does now, did set me off lusting after those luscious sounding lip scrubs though!

Congratualtions again guys :hug::hug: xxx

Congratulations to the both of you from an x Lovlie Leeds resident who now lives in Cornwall. Gosh I do miss Leeds Life

Congratulations to you all. Wishing you all the very best. YOU DESREVE IT.
You all have all worked so hard in the background and front line. I can't tell you how pleased I am for you all. oooh it brings tears to my eyes:hug:

FINALLY!!!! The cat is out of the bag! Samantha, Gigi, Jim and Moi' are over the moon at the announcement!

CND now has a team committed and focused specifically on CND and YOU! We see this as pretty exciting stuff as the team behind Sweet Squared embrace a philosophy that blasts beyond the simple distribution process of ‘buy it in’ and ‘get it out’. The team here at Sweet Squared see ‘distribution’ as a tool to connect CND with YOU, the nail professional.

So who is Sweet Squared?

Sweet Squared is a team that have devoted their professional careers in promoting and progressing the professional nail industry.
Sam and Sam Sweet are leaders in the industry, championing everything from award winning education and professional development to cutting edge shows in London, Milan and Paris fashion weeks. Thrown into the mix is a bit of the legendary Gigi Rouse, who practically started the industry in the UK. Add a dash of Jim Nordstrom whose father Dr Stuart Nordstrom founded CND in their garage and you have a power cocktail that is an adrenalin shot to an industry that is in sore need of it.

With all this hullabaloo, how can we sum up what S2 are all about?

Easy. I suppose you could say that we are utterly smitten with the professional nail industry and the people in it. That we exist for the one and only purpose that is the support and development both professionally and personally, of our customers (heck, even those that aren’t!).

We are all about Honesty, Commitment and Passion with an unquenchable desire to Inspire!

How does this change the Geek site?

SalonGeek.com will be as it has been since its initial inception: A place for professionals to network regardless of their chosen brand. In a nutshell, just because we are now the UK distributors for CND doesn't mean that a thing will change around here!

When can I get my mitts on some (fill in the blank) CND product?

VERY SOON. In fact, more CND stock than the UK has seen in a year has already landed in the UK. Currently, we are in the middle of getting our infrastructure set up and fully tested. Our aim is for the first week of October to be fully operational, however if it can be done sooner, you can bet your bottom dollar (er, pound?) that it will be!

Is anything going to change?

You bet. All for the better. You have our word on it.

We look forward to working together with you and helping your dreams come true. Although it does sound kind of square… you have to admit… its kind of Sweet too (Squared)!!

Truly Yours,

Samuel, Samantha, Gigi and Jim.
Your Creative Partners.
Hooorrayyyy

CONGRATS !!!!
HUGE sigh of relief (for you too no doubt):):):)

I'm really happy for the Sweets, I have met them both and seem like really nice people who actually care about what they do and the industry they are in. :)

I have helped people out with products as they have helped me when we were unable to get supplies, and thank you to them.

But I would just like to mention that as difficult as it has been for us nail tech's and some salons, we weren't the only people affected by the problems with Hyperion Group.

My partner actually worked for Hyperion Group for a number of years, when they started laying people off at the end of July & no wage went in the bank for working throughout July. But he was assured that the wages owed would be paid by mid August and that they were getting a shipment in and starting back at work mid August too.
Needless to say this didn't happen!! He had held out waiting to restart work there and expecting the wage as promised only to be told three weeks later that Hyperion Group had gone into liquidation and he's to find a new job!:cry: but also was told that forms would be sent out so that he could claim the wages owed......and he's still not received them!!

As you can imagine this was quite a difficult time for us as he had had no wage in the bank since the end of June!

I had to stop working at the salon I was at because then I couldn't afford to rent the space or to buy supplies and I didn't want to buy any cheaper alternatives!!

But now Sweet Squared are in the picture, things will definately be looking up for the nails techs and salons.
But some of the ex employees are still struggling to get back right again.

Anyway I wish the Sweets all the best x

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic

L x

But some of the ex employees are still struggling to get back right again.

Anyway I wish the Sweets all the best x

:hug: maybe there will be a new position for him now. best of luck x

All i can add is SWEET

Jenx

:green:Great news to you all, was getting worried fed up of being pestered by other companies wanting me to convert, told them once and for all am a creative girl and thats it ... ner ner:green:

please be quick and get set up getting desp for stuff :)

will you be having a shop like the one at west park ?

lotsa love

Corrine xx:eek: Perfect Touch
CND Master Tech

We just got in our order and are working all weekend on unpacking and setting it up. The shop will be open come Monday, however we are still waiting on BT to get our phone lines in :)

We actually took over the West Park location to try and provide a continuity of service for existing customers. Therefore we are setting up at Hyperion's old location :)

To Bubbles, all I can say is that it has devastated and disappointed us how things happened with Hyperion. Our thoughts are with you and your partner.

We just got in our order and are working all weekend on unpacking and setting it up. The shop will be open come Monday, however we are still waiting on BT to get our phone lines in :)

Can't wait to get hold of this number! Quickly BT Quickly!!

All the best
God Bless

CONGRATS!!!
I can't think of better people for the job best wishes and hugs and congrats from across the pond:hug:

We actually took over the West Park location to try and provide a continuity of service for existing customers. Therefore we are setting up at Hyperion's old location :)

To Bubbles, all I can say is that it has devastated and disappointed us how things happened with Hyperion. Our thoughts are with you and your partner.
Yay :green:

Can I pay a visit to the shop then???? - will Denise be there :hug: I have missed Denise believe it or not :lol: and what about Diane???? will she be back? so many questions I know :green: I'm nearly bursting here :lol:

Thanks everyone who has worked so hard to get things back up and running :hug:

A big hug to xbubblesx - I don't know what to say except that I thope things are sorted out for you soon :hug:

Just to wish Sweet Squared the very best for their Opening Day. Good luck to you all :hug:

Here,here. Wishing you all a very successful future !

I hope the tough times are well and truly behind everyone :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back