Lifting with Bio & Tips.....HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have this problem amd its now driving me insaine to the point of i feel im no good.

When i do a set of Tips with Bio sculpture, the client comes back to me about a week later saying that they are lifting. But when i do a NNO i have no probs and have clients that go 3-4 weeks before coming back for infills so i know that my prep is ok.

Im now to the point where i HATE doing a set of tips as i know the client will be back in a week and when they are i feel really low and feel no good. :cry:

HELP!!!

Talk us through the procedure you do when using tips with Bio.

I personally dont recommend that you use tips with Bio as there isnt enough strength in the product - try sculpting instead with the free edge.

Are they peeling from the free edge or zone 3

Are they peeling from the free edge or zone 3

Its from the sides, but im always very carefull to make sure that i dont touch the side walls.....like i say i have not probs with NNO (got them down to a tee and never had any probs with them.)

with my prep i use cuticle remover and remove all cuticle from nail plate, use the block buff and buff the nail plate to a matt look, sanitize, use exec base in the middle wait to dry then use sponge file and buff over that, sanitize make sure nail plate is dry the apply a thin layer or clear gel, cure for 2 min, sanitize, buff at the free edge then apply tip.

I haven't done the sulpture training or used free edge gel yet, but would you do a full set of sculptures and how long would it take?

Its from the sides, but im always very carefull to make sure that i dont touch the side walls.....like i say i have not probs with NNO (got them down to a tee and never had any probs with them.)

with my prep i use cuticle remover and remove all cuticle from nail plate, use the block buff and buff the nail plate to a matt look, sanitize, use exec base in the middle wait to dry then use sponge file and buff over that, sanitize make sure nail plate is dry the apply a thin layer or clear gel, cure for 2 min, sanitize, buff at the free edge then apply tip.

I haven't done the sulpture training or used free edge gel yet, but would you do a full set of sculptures and how long would it take?
I am with oey and dont use tips, I tend to use bio as a permanant polish and use L&P with tips, best book yourself a 1 to 1 for sculpting to get the best from your product.

So what products are you applying after the tips?

Yes I have done a full set of sculpts with the free edge gel if needed, but sometimes Like Jacqui feel another type of product is more suitable for extending the length i.e. buff off gels or L&P.

All the products i use are Bio Sculpture. Im not trained in any other product and cant afford to do any training with anyone else at the mo.

I meant a 1 to 1 with bio mate x

Hi,

I have done full sets of sculptures with Bio free edge gel, it is quite easy to use, but I have recently started using Le Chat and found it to be stronger than Bio, its also cheaper you could buy the clear Le chat gel and give this a go.

Hiya,
im new to salon geek and just browsing through forums. I used to use bio sculpture and had the same kind of problem. i have moved to le chat products too. i trained 2 months ago. and they are so much better. iv had no problems at all. theyve got lots of colour ranges 4 permanant polish too. it works pretty much the same as bio sculpture so you prob wouldnt need more training.

i hope this helps. x

i'd say loose the executive base and build your apex more.

though i find that the lechat nobility is great for using with tips too, much less problematic.

Hi, i'm new to salon geek too and only use bio at the moment but after reading a few threads about moving to lechat, i am considering it too.
i recently tried Cuccio T3 UV gel but found it lifted too much too quickly after only a few days. i don't get many problems with bio and most of my clients don't get lift so am wary about moving to another product but bio is expensive....

When I did my training with Bio, I was told not to do them with tips as they are not strong enough. xx

The Le chat gel is it stronger than bio then? is it the Nobility Gel?

Nobility is the Le Chat soak off gel and yes I believe it is stronger than Bio but have only been using it a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back